Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.3

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Elk Grove Village, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

HI reached out to me based on my resume. After 2 brief phone conversations and several emails a phone interview was requested of me. I suggested a face to face and had the best interview I have had for a position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation with a client with dementia who was un happy with her care giver? What would you do first, call the daughter, client or caregiver and then resolve the problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I got a call to schedule an in person interview. They will ask you to take assessment online and ideally must finish in 20 min. and then a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you say about what you just read regarding the role of a caregiver and the salary?   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Norwood, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

It took 3 weeks to get feedback,got there on time,had to wait on the interviewer for more than 10 min.Very basic info needed,it didn't feel like they really needed to employ.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken care of an elderly person before?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

An advertisement was placed on Indeed.com looking for a Recruiter back in June and then again in August.. I am an experienced Health Care Recruiter and very well known in the CT area, I immediately submitted my resume with cover letter to the Trumbull location and also on the companies website. It has literally been almost three months and I have not heard anything back from anyone with this company. When I placed a call to the office, I was informed by the staff member that, "the person who owns this particular franchise" is often not in the office, but does all of the hiring. I explained that I am very interested in the position posted online, however I have been waiting for almost three months for a call back, or even acknowledgment that my paperwork had been received. I asked if this is a position that is even available, or if the owner is just putting feelers out into the medical community. The only thing that the office staff member could tell me was that she would take my information down and let the owner know that I am still available and interested in the position....
    Needless to say, its been a very unpleasant experience and no longer have desire to work for this company!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Merced, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

she asked me to tell her a little bit about myself and that she will be asking me questions about my quaifacations availability background check and if i can preform the duties

Interview Questions

• my skills avail willing to travel outside the area   1 Answer

Part Time Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Attleboro, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Two different women from same location emailed same day, interviewed next day. Standard interview, friendly person. When I was honest about a DUI 9 years ago (been in recovery ever since), the tone changed and I got a rejection letter. I had 8 years experience, and a 4 year college degree. It floored me that Human Service "professionals" don't understand addiction or believe in change. I also felt it weird they email everything from approach to reject, never reaching out via phone.

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in June 2016.

Interview

The application process was easy. Thereafter you have a long assessment questionnaire to complete. Next the telephone interview was quick. The face to face interview was more of a here's our process. The board will review and we'll let you know tomorrow. Finally, I received the we decline notice via email.

Recruitment Coorindator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in February 2016.

Interview

I was called the same day I applied to set up an interview for the following week. I went in to meet with the owner, only to discover it was really just a "see if you're a serial killer" interview, which lasted 10 minutes. She set me up for a longer more in depth interview the beginning of the following week. This interview lasted an hour. She was asking questions directly from a sheet, same exact questions for each individual employer. Very tedious and repetitive. She told me she would like to move forward and complete my background check and that I'd be set up with an "affirmation interview," which would involve meeting the office staff "to be sure I'm the right person for the team." I took that to mean "as long as you're background check comes out ok and my staff approves, you're good to go." I had the "affirmation interview" 2 days later (a Thursday) when they called to set it up (Wednesday), they informed me that my background check was already back and was good to go. The staff was uncomfortable interviewing (I could tell they had not done it much), but we all seemed to get along quite well. This process lasted maybe 30 minutes. I left expecting a phone call, given that the owner hadn't even met with any other candidates for their long interview yet (I assumed, they're background checking me and setting me up to meet the team for an "affirmation interview," I must have a job -- I have not a single thing on my record). That was over a week ago. I don't understand how an employer could go through that lengthy (and costly) process of interviewing, only to mislead the applicant? Why call it an "affirmation interview" if you're not affirming anything? I am more than qualified, have some of the best references you can get, and a spotless record of management and recruitment. Very strange.

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Rochester, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very long and lengthy, She asked all the questions I think were apart of an interviewing exam? It was 2 pages of interview questions? It was my first interview after 9 years, but the owner Joy made It certain that they needed aides after I met her the day before. The interviewer wanted me to meet the nurse and the Owner (again), which I couldn't understand why? I told her I didn't mind waiting, which I did.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your achievements?   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

Personal questions, training, meeting other caregivers. I really loved my job, what I didn't like was the way they and the family informed me of my last day, my Client was a friend by then.

Interview Questions

• How long was I a Caregiver.   1 Answer