Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.1

213 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Belleville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Belleville, IL).

Interview

I applied on line and then I had an on the phone interview , then I got a call for a face to face interview and then I had to go for a background check and submitt an drivers license and car insurance

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to care for Seniors?   2 Answers

Senior Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Explaining and describing the formal review policy- the job and the organization of the reporting staff - members and building exercises that help you, your team to see the big picture.

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

Very easy and fast. They ask for all available hours and days you can work. If you mind working around smoke,dogs,cats or whatever. If you mind lifting. Basically what you prefer

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

It was a panel interview with owners. Franchise location with a team of seven. Owners very dedicated and organized - looking for the right person meant some in-depth questions. Background screening and questions about working with seniors.

On Call Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel Park, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Bethel Park, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process seemed pretty standard. I applied online and submitted a cover letter and then was contacted by email to set up an in person interview with the General Manager at the facility. The GM said that they were restructuring a little and that they had created the position recently and weren't quite sure what all it would entail just yet. I thought the interview went well, and at the end the interviewer collected and made copies of my paperwork and said that she would call in the next few days to set up a second interview with the owners of the company. Unfortunately, after that she completely ghosted me. It has been three weeks and I haven't received a call or a response to the follow up email I sent. I was really excited by the opportunity to work with this company, despite the negative reviews I had read (understanding that it is a franchise). It seems however, in this instance the reviews were correct. The management seems to either be disorganized or rather inconsiderate of potential new hires. I would still like to work for the company, because I think they provide a valuable opportunity to serve the community, but I do have a rather bad taste in my mouth for them now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about how you got to where you are now and why you want to work for us.   Answer Question

Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Apply online quickly they call you for an interview. Sign papers like a background check. Then they ask you to register in the state of CA to get a registration number. Then they send you for fingerprints live scan and then TB test clearance. You pay Registration in CA 25 dollars fingerprints75 dollars and if you have a doctor you take your TB test. Availability discussion then once all that is cleared you go to orientation.

Interview Questions

• why work with seniors? past experience? what would you do if you get a difficult client? Common sense questions. Staff super nice and friendly and does not feel like an interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Fresno, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had to call them several times before i got my interview.no communication on thier part.they said no expierence was nessary they would train and walk me thru process but i did not have het attention even as i ealked in. I later received a letter stati g they found a more qualified candiata.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want this job? Where do i sre mysrlf in 2 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

applied in person gave me interview the next day, took about 45 minutes, they drug tested, and ran background check the same day, called the references the the next day,

Interview Questions

• tell me about your job experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

I met with the manager and sat in her office while she asked me questions about my flexibility and schedule. The position required a lot of flexibility and hours worked. She had me sign papers the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call the same day to set up an interview. Interview was very relaxed, one on one. It was more of an open discussion rather than question/answer back and forth.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a meaningful experience you spent with an elder   Answer Question