Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.1

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

An advertisement was placed on Indeed.com looking for a Recruiter back in June and then again in August.. I am an experienced Health Care Recruiter and very well known in the CT area, I immediately submitted my resume with cover letter to the Trumbull location and also on the companies website. It has literally been almost three months and I have not heard anything back from anyone with this company. When I placed a call to the office, I was informed by the staff member that, "the person who owns this particular franchise" is often not in the office, but does all of the hiring. I explained that I am very interested in the position posted online, however I have been waiting for almost three months for a call back, or even acknowledgment that my paperwork had been received. I asked if this is a position that is even available, or if the owner is just putting feelers out into the medical community. The only thing that the office staff member could tell me was that she would take my information down and let the owner know that I am still available and interested in the position....
    Needless to say, its been a very unpleasant experience and no longer have desire to work for this company!

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Rochester, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very long and lengthy, She asked all the questions I think were apart of an interviewing exam? It was 2 pages of interview questions? It was my first interview after 9 years, but the owner Joy made It certain that they needed aides after I met her the day before. The interviewer wanted me to meet the nurse and the Owner (again), which I couldn't understand why? I told her I didn't mind waiting, which I did.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your achievements?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Rancho Cordova, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly, but the process is intense because the company wants to ensure they are hiring the right people for the job. It began with a phone interview, online assessment, and then an in person interview. At the in person one, I ended up interviewing with two separate people. I believe they usually do call backs for this instead of all in one day, but I am not 100% sure.

Legal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was very thorough and professional. Be prepared to discuss your career objectives in detail as well as how your objectives translate into working there. The person conducting the phone interview was very straight forward, yet cordial. I appreciated the fact that she shared the cap they were willing to pay so as to not waste anyone's time. That said, she was not prepared to discuss benefits, which would have been helpful,

Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

30 Minute phone screening interview, then 2 hour and a half long second and third interviews. A very thorough interview process, but necessary as they were trying to hire their ideal fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some of your previous presentation experience. Describe your presentation style?   Answer Question

Recruitment &Amp; Retention Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Lenexa, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was called in48 hrs for an interview. Then called back the following week for a second interview. The offered the job a few days after that.

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Overland Park, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

Greeted, made comfortable, asked and answered questions, discussion about experience. Visited about me and lifetime journey. Discussed their needs and asked about my needs. They made an offer and called me later that same day with the position and start date.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in caregiving?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (North Olmsted, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very nice welcoming I felt comfortable I was greeted by both the secretary of the office and the hiring manager then the hiring manager and I set down and discussed if I was the perfect candidate for the job

Interview Questions

• If I was able to provide personal care as far as helping a senior with a shower   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bettendorf, IA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Bettendorf, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

They have a phone interview and a one on one interview. Neither were hard- they are mainly looking to see how available you are. Then there is a 1 week orientation where you mostly watch videos and you are fingerprinted and drug tested.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very brief interview by 2 female interviewees. 1 far friendlier than the other but neither particularly welcoming. Did not put me at ease. Talked among themselves on the way to the interview room.
    Did not have the decency to inform me I had been unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you were under pressure, what you did and what the outcome was.   Answer Question