Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.1

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

An advertisement was placed on Indeed.com looking for a Recruiter back in June and then again in August.. I am an experienced Health Care Recruiter and very well known in the CT area, I immediately submitted my resume with cover letter to the Trumbull location and also on the companies website. It has literally been almost three months and I have not heard anything back from anyone with this company. When I placed a call to the office, I was informed by the staff member that, "the person who owns this particular franchise" is often not in the office, but does all of the hiring. I explained that I am very interested in the position posted online, however I have been waiting for almost three months for a call back, or even acknowledgment that my paperwork had been received. I asked if this is a position that is even available, or if the owner is just putting feelers out into the medical community. The only thing that the office staff member could tell me was that she would take my information down and let the owner know that I am still available and interested in the position....
    Needless to say, its been a very unpleasant experience and no longer have desire to work for this company!

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Rochester, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very long and lengthy, She asked all the questions I think were apart of an interviewing exam? It was 2 pages of interview questions? It was my first interview after 9 years, but the owner Joy made It certain that they needed aides after I met her the day before. The interviewer wanted me to meet the nurse and the Owner (again), which I couldn't understand why? I told her I didn't mind waiting, which I did.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your achievements?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

It was a panel interview with owners. Franchise location with a team of seven. Owners very dedicated and organized - looking for the right person meant some in-depth questions. Background screening and questions about working with seniors.

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Rancho Cordova, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly, but the process is intense because the company wants to ensure they are hiring the right people for the job. It began with a phone interview, online assessment, and then an in person interview. At the in person one, I ended up interviewing with two separate people. I believe they usually do call backs for this instead of all in one day, but I am not 100% sure.

Legal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was very thorough and professional. Be prepared to discuss your career objectives in detail as well as how your objectives translate into working there. The person conducting the phone interview was very straight forward, yet cordial. I appreciated the fact that she shared the cap they were willing to pay so as to not waste anyone's time. That said, she was not prepared to discuss benefits, which would have been helpful,

Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

30 Minute phone screening interview, then 2 hour and a half long second and third interviews. A very thorough interview process, but necessary as they were trying to hire their ideal fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some of your previous presentation experience. Describe your presentation style?   Answer Question

Recruitment &Amp; Retention Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Lenexa, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was called in48 hrs for an interview. Then called back the following week for a second interview. The offered the job a few days after that.

Office Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Wichita, KS).

Interview

I filled out an online application through Indeed.com. I had a phone interview with the CEO. I had another in person interview with both the CEO and Co owner. I then had another phone interview. This led to a second interview. They notified me by email to offer the position with a detailed offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you solved a problem and how did you go about it   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Eugene, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

I went in to interview after being invited for an interview. The owner asked me some standard questions. Then asked if I had any questions. I was somewhat surprised that she knew very little about her own agency. It did not seem she was involved in the day to day operations but simply oversaw the work of others. It did not give me a very good impression of this company. I realize it is a franchise but this particular office did not some to have much attention to customer service issues.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working for an in-home care agency?   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Bend, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process bit nerve racking, I was asked several questions. I let the interviewer know that I would take care of the client exactly the way I would take care of my own family, with compassion, empathy ,respect and love.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable insurance.   1 Answer