Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.1

Director, International Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

I applied at HomeInstead because we used their services for my grandfather and each and every interaction with the HomeInstead service and their employees was tremendous. In short, I was sold on the company well before I applied.

I waited until the right opportunity opened up at HomeInstead. Ultimately, the head of HR actually suggested that I post for the position and she conducted the initial interview. It was a dialogue about the position, the HomeInstead mission, and her experience/background. She committed to scheduling additional interviews with the senior managers with whom I would be working with and/or supporting. I never heard from her again despite several calls and emails.

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

Easy interview, very personable interviewer.

Program Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Omaha, NE) in March 2014.

Interview

Very long process. They want to make sure it is right for both parties

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your high school experience. That was 30+ years ago.   Answer Question

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in June 2016.

Interview

The application process was easy. Thereafter you have a long assessment questionnaire to complete. Next the telephone interview was quick. The face to face interview was more of a here's our process. The board will review and we'll let you know tomorrow. Finally, I received the we decline notice via email.

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Evansville, IN) in December 2010.

Interview

I put in an application for Home Instead Senior Care in Evansville,IN online at snagajob.com. I was called the next day and asked a few questions about myself and the job I was applying for. During this call, an interview was set up for the next day. I went to the interview, where we talked about my availability, my experience, and my future both personally and with the company. The day after the interview, I was called and told I was hired and the orientation was the following Monday. I attended the orientation on Monday, and accepted the job I was offered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you would be the one for the job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think Home Instead Senior Care is a good business? And why do you think you would like working here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my availability because I am not available on nights or weekends. If you are available in any way to work nights or weekends, I would do so because a weekend incentive is given and it is well worth it. But, if u cant, they will find you clients and make it worth while. This is a very rewarding job, regardless of the pay/ hours you receive.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Concord, NC) in July 2009.

Interview

Very informative easy to learn the ways of training for the potion of caregiver, I liked the one on one time the interviewer gave to each and every one of us in orientation, she was eager to answer all of our questions and help us with the manual all made it comfortable for me when it was time for the training portion of the orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Simi Valley, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

I responded to a Craigslist ad for Home Instead Senior Care caregivers. Craigslist is full of caregiving jobs, at least around where I live. A couple days later one of the staff at the company emailed back with a time to interview. Six references were requested.

The interview was in the conference room in their office. There was a video presentation of the values of the company and what the job as a caregiver entails. The interview was 1:1 with a staff member who became my supervisor. She asked about job history, work ethic, responsibility. I was given an option on whether or not I was willing to work with incontinent clients.

There were opportunities for salary advancement in 50¢ increments based on use of in-house education material.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really an opening for negotiation. It's a basic, entry level caregiving position.

Hha Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. The lady was polite and fun.she asked all types of questions about my past experiences.I met the head boss on my interview and he was also very down to earth.don't know how or why anybody would not get hired at this establishment .

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in February 2012.

Interview

Internet application and then a phone call to come in to fill out in house application. One interview and then another to came back to sign forms.

Care Giver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

I spoke with someone on the phone and they directed me to the website to apply online and filled out the application and went to the office for a face to face interview. They checked references and background check and I was hired and had a drug test and started working shortly after my orientation

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected or difficult questions asked. Everything was upfront and open all across the board.   Answer Question