Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.1

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Norwood, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

It took 3 weeks to get feedback,got there on time,had to wait on the interviewer for more than 10 min.Very basic info needed,it didn't feel like they really needed to employ.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken care of an elderly person before?   1 Answer

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Jackson, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

It was completed as a group in one day with other caregiver applicants. Orientation was included in this process and lasted for about four hours. I was asked to complete a number of tasks, take a short quiz, wear company uniform, take a drug test, and submit to a background check.

Interview Questions

• To follow training manual and complete drug screen   1 Answer

Caregiver/Companion Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (West Chester, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Must apply online, take a online questionnaire, and wait to hear back. Once you hear back via email, and interview is scheduled. After interview, you must pass a background check. If you get through the questionnaire, interview and background check and your hired, then training class is scheduled and you could begin seeing clients within a day

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult day that ended positively and how you turned it around?   1 Answer

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Toledo, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a normal interview. Asked some basic question on how i would handle certain situations. Plus did the background check and drug test and set me up for my orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would do if a client got upset and would not calm down.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Rogers, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

Spoke to someone over the phone regarding prior home health experience. Had an in-person interview to assess my skills, I was able to ask questions about the company and the culture of the company to decide if it was a good fit for me. passed drug test and background checks.

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Overland Park, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

Greeted, made comfortable, asked and answered questions, discussion about experience. Visited about me and lifetime journey. Discussed their needs and asked about my needs. They made an offer and called me later that same day with the position and start date.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in caregiving?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Wichita, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

Invited to interview a day after applying. There was only 1, short interview before I got hired. I missed the orientation for that cycle so I had to wait a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to handle someone who was unhappy at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (North Olmsted, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very nice welcoming I felt comfortable I was greeted by both the secretary of the office and the hiring manager then the hiring manager and I set down and discussed if I was the perfect candidate for the job

Interview Questions

• If I was able to provide personal care as far as helping a senior with a shower   1 Answer

In Home Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Greensboro, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application online. Was contacted 2-3 weeks later. was instructed to fill out a packet of about 15-25 interview/related experience questions along with personal information before the interview. Was called in for an interview, set up an appointment, did the interview and was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Bettendorf, IA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Bettendorf, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

They have a phone interview and a one on one interview. Neither were hard- they are mainly looking to see how available you are. Then there is a 1 week orientation where you mostly watch videos and you are fingerprinted and drug tested.