Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.1

On Call Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel Park, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Bethel Park, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process seemed pretty standard. I applied online and submitted a cover letter and then was contacted by email to set up an in person interview with the General Manager at the facility. The GM said that they were restructuring a little and that they had created the position recently and weren't quite sure what all it would entail just yet. I thought the interview went well, and at the end the interviewer collected and made copies of my paperwork and said that she would call in the next few days to set up a second interview with the owners of the company. Unfortunately, after that she completely ghosted me. It has been three weeks and I haven't received a call or a response to the follow up email I sent. I was really excited by the opportunity to work with this company, despite the negative reviews I had read (understanding that it is a franchise). It seems however, in this instance the reviews were correct. The management seems to either be disorganized or rather inconsiderate of potential new hires. I would still like to work for the company, because I think they provide a valuable opportunity to serve the community, but I do have a rather bad taste in my mouth for them now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about how you got to where you are now and why you want to work for us.   Answer Question

Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Apply online quickly they call you for an interview. Sign papers like a background check. Then they ask you to register in the state of CA to get a registration number. Then they send you for fingerprints live scan and then TB test clearance. You pay Registration in CA 25 dollars fingerprints75 dollars and if you have a doctor you take your TB test. Availability discussion then once all that is cleared you go to orientation.

Interview Questions

• why work with seniors? past experience? what would you do if you get a difficult client? Common sense questions. Staff super nice and friendly and does not feel like an interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Fresno, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had to call them several times before i got my interview.no communication on thier part.they said no expierence was nessary they would train and walk me thru process but i did not have het attention even as i ealked in. I later received a letter stati g they found a more qualified candiata.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want this job? Where do i sre mysrlf in 2 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

applied in person gave me interview the next day, took about 45 minutes, they drug tested, and ran background check the same day, called the references the the next day,

Interview Questions

• tell me about your job experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

I met with the manager and sat in her office while she asked me questions about my flexibility and schedule. The position required a lot of flexibility and hours worked. She had me sign papers the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call the same day to set up an interview. Interview was very relaxed, one on one. It was more of an open discussion rather than question/answer back and forth.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a meaningful experience you spent with an elder   Answer Question

Home Health Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in June 2017.

Interview

It was a very shady operation. I had previously filled out an application via Internet and completed the evaluation. When I drove over an hour for the interview they insisted I give them my social security card and drivers license for them to make a copy "Before" the interview. When I questioned this they were incredibly rude..thus I left. Very unprofessional office in a run down old house.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to copy my social security card and drivers license before the interview.   2 Answers

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Spokane, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very positive, upbeat personnel. The office all takes part in the interview process so that they can all get to know the interviewee. Everyone is very friendly. The staff showed me around the office, introduced me to everyone and were very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What hours I was willing to work.   1 Answer
    • How I handled a difficult co-worker in the past.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (El Paso, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was a waste of time. I was in the office for 10 minutes and was asked about my availability, when I could start, and a brief summary of my experience. My second interview was much better; I was asked more in depth questions related to my experiences and why I wanted a position with them. I learned more about the company and got to know my employer. After accepting a position and completing a drug screen, there was an orientation day to review skills and get to know the company overall.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Eugene, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

I went in to interview after being invited for an interview. The owner asked me some standard questions. Then asked if I had any questions. I was somewhat surprised that she knew very little about her own agency. It did not seem she was involved in the day to day operations but simply oversaw the work of others. It did not give me a very good impression of this company. I realize it is a franchise but this particular office did not some to have much attention to customer service issues.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working for an in-home care agency?   1 Answer