Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.1

In Home Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Greensboro, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application online. Was contacted 2-3 weeks later. was instructed to fill out a packet of about 15-25 interview/related experience questions along with personal information before the interview. Was called in for an interview, set up an appointment, did the interview and was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (North Olmsted, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very nice welcoming I felt comfortable I was greeted by both the secretary of the office and the hiring manager then the hiring manager and I set down and discussed if I was the perfect candidate for the job

Interview Questions

• If I was able to provide personal care as far as helping a senior with a shower   1 Answer

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Toledo, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a normal interview. Asked some basic question on how i would handle certain situations. Plus did the background check and drug test and set me up for my orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would do if a client got upset and would not calm down.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Greenville, SC).

Interview

My interview was a great experience. The manager made me feel very welcome and at ease. Everyone in the office is super nice. I was there for about a total of 30 minutes and talked to the owner, too.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in being a caregiver?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (New York, NY).

Interview

Did not get offered a job, but the interview process was fairly easy and relaxed. I received an email about the days and times for when they did their interview and I replied that I was available for both times. The person who did the interview was nice and very informative about what the company does for their patient, what my potential positions responsibilities were and what to expect.

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in October 2016.

Interview

They called me on Thursday asked if I could come in Friday. I came in and it was a small office but very professional . they had me go sit in a office...there was many questions just going of my resume and experience...(8 years) she discussed the pay (highest paying place out of 4 places I interviewed at that week) she likes me and said that she would have to help me get registered with the state due the a new law. When she saw that I took it upon my self and did it already (a friend in home health told me )
    She was extremely excited because it just meant that a paper had to be done and submitted to the state changing my affiliation

Interview Questions

• what makes you a good caregiver   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't...they told me the pay which was a dollar more then minimum wage, told me if they had dementia oh would make 2 dollars more then minimum wage. Also some people who live further away are willing to pay mileage for a good caregiver but not always

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

The company don't show what jobs or what position are available, but they required employee provide all the peronal information first. I think the company should describe what possition they need, in order that the employee can look up and decide which position is suitable for them and then they can give personal information for that company.

Interview Questions

• Can you assist old people take a bath?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

An advertisement was placed on Indeed.com looking for a Recruiter back in June and then again in August.. I am an experienced Health Care Recruiter and very well known in the CT area, I immediately submitted my resume with cover letter to the Trumbull location and also on the companies website. It has literally been almost three months and I have not heard anything back from anyone with this company. When I placed a call to the office, I was informed by the staff member that, "the person who owns this particular franchise" is often not in the office, but does all of the hiring. I explained that I am very interested in the position posted online, however I have been waiting for almost three months for a call back, or even acknowledgment that my paperwork had been received. I asked if this is a position that is even available, or if the owner is just putting feelers out into the medical community. The only thing that the office staff member could tell me was that she would take my information down and let the owner know that I am still available and interested in the position....
    Needless to say, its been a very unpleasant experience and no longer have desire to work for this company!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Merced, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

she asked me to tell her a little bit about myself and that she will be asking me questions about my quaifacations availability background check and if i can preform the duties

Interview Questions

• my skills avail willing to travel outside the area   1 Answer

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

Interview was not high stress. Very conversational. I felt like my interviewer listened to my answers and the interview had a great flow. Left with a great feeling about the company.