Home Instead Senior Care Senior Caregiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Home Instead Senior Care Senior Caregiver Interview Questions

Interviews at Home Instead Senior Care

2.2

Senior Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

Online application and then called in for an interview. Very personable and friendly office. Everyone helps each other out. Hired on the spot after 45 min interview. Went through training and began same week.

Interview Questions

• What qualities or experiences do you have that makes you want to join this field and company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Vista, CA).

Interview

1:1 interview with basic questions then if you are hired, you attend an orientation at a later date. 6 panel urine drug test at time of orientation. You watch a video, answer a questionnaire to the video while watching it. You spend about an hour filling out new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected. Define common sense, caregiving experience etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. $9.50 an hr.

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Anderson, SC) in November 2015.

Interview

Fair and pleasant. They ask questions to make sure this would a fit for myself and with them. They were straight forward with their questions and I was honest with them. They were thorough and I was glad. The service they provide is so important. The atmosphere was relaxed and made you feel comfortable throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I would do in certain situations. Like what would I do if someone fell. I was asked about my previous job duties and other places of my employment, why did I leave a certain job and about how I worked with others.   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Suffolk, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Waited a couple of days and called the employer to confirm receipt of application. They stated they did not receive and asked me to come down and fill out a paper one. I did the very next day and a couple days later received a call for interview. Went to interview and was told would hear back after application was process. Did and was hired the next week.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, but mainly questions about how you can help and assist the elderly and what your passion was for them. They also explained the position in more detail making you check off items you understood.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Birmingham, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and within 2 days,met with human resource once and was hired on the spot.The company requires a two day (16) hr, orientation training.Which was very helpful and gave you a feel for several office staff you will be in contact with, mainly. The second day is less classroom and more hands on training with several pieces of medical equipment used daily in the field. Overall the training did give you a sense of the job, yet each job is very differant, with specific to client needs and personalities.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to wanting to be a caregiver?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Raleigh, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied on-line and received a phone call within a week. Short interview over the phone and then scheduled a one-on-one interview. Needed to take a TB test, submit car insurance information, take drug test (urine) and have background check. A group of 5 were hired at the same time - all had a meeting about standards and policies and some basic caregiver info. Took "open book" tests about what we were taught, including for CPR and were each ushered into a room one at a time to see about setting up with a client, starting almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions that I remember. They did mention that the pay was low and would I be okay with that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - pay scale is set across the board

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Akron, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Very thorough, as it should be. Clients are quite vulnerable, so it's understandable that discretion is needed in hiring the right person. Staff was quite pleasant and helpful, answered all my questions thoroughly. Pay is quite low, but not minimum wage and I was assured that yearly reviews and raises are standard for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to make a decision that would affect many people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

Contacted via phone and email which was excellent as I wasn’t able to answer the call while at work. Several questions pertaining to my ethics, patience level, etc. My original appointed interview went home ill and I interviewed with the manager. She asked if I was available for the second interview dates but I wasn’t given a time or asked to be there so I was unsure whether or not I was actually asked for the second interview or if she was just discerning my availability.

Senior Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in April 2019.

Interview

Filled out application online. Received and interview request via email and telephone call the next day. interview was set up for the 3rd day. Had to fill out online paperwork prior to interview. Interview was about one half hour long.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Explaining and describing the formal review policy- the job and the organization of the reporting staff - members and building exercises that help you, your team to see the big picture.