Home Properties Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

Grounds Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Properties (North Lauderdale, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Feel it went very well. Was shown all around the property and what I would be doing to help the team Was asked if I was willing to learn the maintenance side of the job and advance for the near future and of course I agreed. Willing to learn and be a asset to the company.

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Home Properties (Owings Mills, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Normally there is a phone interview which is followed up by a interview in person. If you want to be prepared be sure to visit the property and review their websites. You will also be asked to take an assessment test, pass a background check, a drug test and have references checked.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about the property I was interviewing to manage,   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patchogue, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Properties (Patchogue, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

They hosted a job fair at one of their properties. I sat with one of their senior property managers. She asked me a bunch of questions from a script. I believe the interview went very well, and was disappointed that I never received any communication back from them. I have since applied to other openings they have posted but to no avail. I wish I knew if there was something I did at the interview to turn them off, or if its just that I'm one of hundreds of applicants getting lost in the mix.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Properties (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

It was an open house so it was busy. Everyone checking out what the competition is wearing and who did not bring a resume! My interview went well! Really I didn't write enough. Well we will make 50 words now!! It was awesome and totally rad. I wonder if I am at fifty yet or 50 yet. Let's see.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The rate that was offered was lower than I wanted but comparable to that position in the area. How many words so you require now? Well let's see how we can do this. So tired of writing. Please do not post this as u can tell I am totally bluffing.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Properties (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a guy in NY then an in person interview at the office I worked at. After that I took a drug test and they performed a background check and I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Glenolden, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Properties (Glenolden, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

submitted resume and HP recruiter called. Interviewed with PM and RPM at property. toured community and was able to ask questions to both the Property Manager and the Regional Property Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe an incident when you had to handle an upset customer and tell how you handled it.   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Properties (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a bit of a long process, 2 phone interviews, interview with Property Manager, interview with Regional Property Manager and then 2 weeks for new hire testing (drug test, background check, skills test and Wonderlic test). Overall it took about a month from the application process until hire date.

Interview Questions

• Background in property management.   1 Answer

Maintenance Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Home Properties in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call in about 9 days. The initial phone interview was done and information was passed along to the hiring manager for consideration. I received a call the following day to set up a face to face interview. In about 2-3 days I had the first of two on-site interviews. I interviewed with the site manager and service manager. They were very straightforward with their expectations and goals for the community. They asked about my experience and background in the field. They were very open and honest about the current position. I felt the interview went well. I was then contacted about a second interview with the regional manager. She asked similar questions to the previous interview, also some questions to get a feel for my personality and if I'd be a good fit with the team. I then took an online questionnaire. In about a weeks time I received a call telling me Im being considered for hire pending a drug screen and background check. I then went in to sign off on the background check and pick up paperwork for the drug screen. Took drug screen same day. In about another week I received a call stating i was cleared for hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Properties (Marlborough, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by HR within a couple of hires after applying on line. I was given an interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• All questions were typical of an interview and nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Potomac Falls, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Properties (Potomac Falls, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Face to face with the Property Manager while the Assistant Manager sat in. Property Manager was very personable. Assistant Manager sat there and glared at me the entire time. Gave me a few minutes to look over the Model home and then had me tour them like they were a prospect