Home Retail Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Home Retail Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.8

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Retail Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

A handful of the usual HR led behavioural questions, pretty basic.
    I was told I would be contacted in just over a week once all interviews had taken place.
    That was 3 weeks ago and I've heard nothing. I called a few days ago to get some feedback and to ask if there was any news to be told "I'll pass your details on to my colleague". Guess what, no call back or any kind of communication whatsoever.
    Very unprofessional behaviour for a large company. A simple email doesn't take 2 minutes to compile.
    Doesn't fill me with confidence to apply for anything within the Home Retail Group in the future. Very disappointing and unimpressed with the company behaviour.
    I guess I was unsuccessful...

Interview Questions

• What will you be doing in 2 years time?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Widnes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Retail Group (Widnes, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had to fill in an online questionnaire and then attend an assessment day. Once I passed that stage I had a telephone interview that was competency based. The assessment day included a spelling test. Inputting information that was read out to you on a form on a computer. Replying to an email and listening to sample recorded calls and rating their level of customer service.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time that you went above and beyond to provide good customer service or to retain a customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you have worked as part of a team to provide good customer service   Answer Question

E-Learning Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Widnes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Retail Group (Widnes, England (UK)).

Interview

Brief phone interview and then invited to meet two managers. They gave a generic scenario to develop an e-learning on something like how to use a new e-learning software. I brought the e-learning in and described the reasoning and then was asked questions on my resume. Overall it seemed rather relaxed, and they were professional. One question that told me they knew very little about learning theory though was when they asked me about how I accounted for learners different learning styles. Learning styles have been debunked for years.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most innovative e-learning you have done and why it was innovative.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Home Retail Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

initial telephone interview with internal HR team covering basic previous experience. This was then followed by online numeric test. The second interview was 1:1 with the buyer and buying manager for the department where we went through my previous experience and also a SWOT Analysis on the company. They covered the role and responsibilities and company growth plan.

Interview Questions

• previous experience, what skills you can bring, asked to prepare a swot analysis   Answer Question

Negotiation

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Widnes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Retail Group (Widnes, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

generic competency based questions were asked in the first interview, the 1:1 interview seemed laid back and the interviewer was easy to talk to, then the second involved very basic literacy/numeracy tests and listening to calls to judge pros and cons and also inputting details into a mock up of the system to test typing speed

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Retail Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Simple and fast interview process. Two competency based interviews within two days. First interview was with a two person panel, one person was the team leader and the other an experienced colleague. The second interview was with the department manager. Offered the job at the end of the second interview.

Interview Questions

• How my previous experience related to the job being advertised.   Answer Question

Service Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Retail Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn. I had a couple of conversations with them after they asked to see my CV. A couple of potential jobs were put to me and we decided that I was best suited to the above.
    The interview was in their offices. It was supposed to be with an IT Manager and the person I would be working for but the person I would be working for was off sick.
    It went OK. The guy was very enthusiastic about the company. He asked me a bit about what I knew about the company and my experience. It only went on for 30 minutes. I don't know if this was because he had made his mind up about me or because the other 30 minutes would be questions from the person who didn't turn up.
    About a week and a half later they did have the courtesy to ring me to say that I wouldn't get a second interview on account of lack of experience. I was sort of expecting it as I don't have any experience of SIAM but hoped my knowledge of having been in outsourcing and my general enthusiasm would carry me through.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a situation where there were conflicting interests to balance?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Retail Group (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

I received a very brief phone interview, asking about availability during holiday seasons and any upcoming planned holidays. Then was asked to come for a face to face interview where I was asked several questions about myself, my lifestyle and why I'd be good at the job.

Interview Questions

• they asked for me to give an example of when I have received both fantastic and poor customer service.   Answer Question

Graduate Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Retail Group (Bolton, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview – about my CV and why I am appling for the role. Then invited me for a face 2 face interview with the database and analysis manager- SQL multiple choice questions and competency based interview. Awaiting response from the HR dept.

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Retail Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Contacted via a recruitment agent where I was asked to supply a CV and digital portfolio. I was then called in for an interview, where I was asked by two members of design management of my technical abilities as well as doing a small design take for 40 minutes to determine my skill for this fast paces role. I was called in a second time to discuss my options on what team I wanted to go into as there were two roles available, and there I met my art director. I was offered the job by phone a week later

Interview Questions

• Technical knowledge of SEO as I am a print designer when I applied for the job I was cling a deep knowledge of how this works.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. Salary expectation was exceeded