HomeAdvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Chicago, IL) in January 2020.

Interview

Easy interview, met with recruiter for about 30 min and then talked with a sales manager who also introduced me to his supervisor. I felt very comfortable during the interview and the people I talked with were very friendly. I noticed that they talked a lot more about the fun things going on in the office than they did about the actual job itself or what I would be doing if I got the job.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor.

Interview

these people are expert psychologist or at least have some backing them. If you are smart they’ll find a way to swindle you. They talk about nothing pertaining to the work. They will boast about culture. Keep in mind they sell you on the job. They will do a good job of doing by throwing numbers your way. Don’t mean anything. They are so nice. You’ll meet with the recruiter who will be swindling you to the best of their ability if you are overqualified. Then a manager who has no idea what he’s doing

Vice President SEO Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews conducted over 4 weeks and included a strategic exercise.
    After meeting with the C-level executive and then receiving positive feedback from in-house consultant, was essentially ghosted by the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you rank category pages highly in organic? How do you determine which are strategic to rank.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor.

Interview

The interview was quick and straightforward. First, start with a phone screen and interview with sales manager. The interview is very fast and all criteria were clear. They are very responsive

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor.

Interview

I was contacted by a HomeAdvisor recruiter via Linkedin and then I had a phone interview one on one interview in the office a couple weeks after my phone screening.

FP&A Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a 15 mins phone interview with hr

Interview Questions

• some behavioral quetions and a question about the primary key in sql.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I was denied the opportunity applied through Indeed with excellent background in this position. Very unprofessional recruiter sending me an response was a defamatory statement, they have much better applicants than what I offer. That is a Bold Lie. See my resume 20+ years inside sales/outside sales. I bring a lot to the table. This person discriminated against either my age or picture on Linkedin. Attractive but older. I fit the criteria listed on Indeed or Glassdoor.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Denver, CO) in March 2020.

Interview

Approached by a recruiter; exchanged a few emails and then a 30 minute screen. Was sent hacker rank timed test the following day - two academic style word problems and received a curt email shortly after completion telling me my technical skill displayed was not adequate from both the recruiter and company.

Interview Questions

• 1D array distance problem and a time series logging aggregation problem   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Denver, CO).

Interview

Standard phone interview which went quite well and then I was invited in for an in person.
    Was given lunch and interviewed by 3 different teams who asked a variety of tech and culture questions.
    Seemed to be going quite well and I was left to await some managers.
    After about 10 minutes one of the people who interviewed me earlier suddenly rushed in and quite rudely and abruptly rushed me into the elevator with no reason.
    After that, and despite a couple of follow ups from me, they ghosted me entirely!
    A pity really as it seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• How would you architect Netflix today?
      How would ensure that Denver has enough snowplows in all the neighborhoods?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor.

Interview

I applied online. I first completed an OA. It was 90 min long, easy to medium level. It did not take a long time that an HR contacted me. She just asked me a few things on my resume like projects and coursework. I thought I did Ok but then just got rejected. Don't really understand why.

SWE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor.

Interview

received an email that asked me to email them a convenient time to send me the hackerank link that needs to be completed in 2 days. 3 questions in 1 hour

Interview Questions

• 3 questions in 1 hour, 1 word question that needs to be translated into a cs/leetcode question, 1 leetcode, and 1 math prob.   Answer Question