HomeAdvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Golden, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter contacted me within a few days. A couple of days after that, I had a call with the hiring manager. Less than a week after that, I was brought onsite for 2.5 hours. For some candidates a phone screen/coding portion is done in advance, but I opted to directly visit the office. The interview process is comparatively short: ~1 hour of coding, 45 minutes or so of OO design, and 45 minutes of team/culture fit. You really get to see the people you might be working with and get a feel for them.

Contrary to bigger tech companies, HomeAdvisor has a quick decision rate and I was offered the job immediately after my interview. Having that immediate feedback definitely takes an emotional load off, but be prepared to decline or accept within a few days at most.

The office itself is very positive and everyone I interacted with was pleasant. The recruiter was very attentive and addressed all my needs. I can highly recommend that anyone interview here - I accepted a position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Basic coding/unit test session, OO design, team culture fit session. If you know how to competently code and debug mistakes you will have no problems.   Answer Question

Mar 12, 2018 – Director, Recruiting

Thank you for spending the time with us, and I'm glad to hear that our quick interview and decision process was a relief for you. We know how stressful changing jobs can be, and waiting on a decision... More

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the manager, a phone screen with two members of the team and then an onsite with everyone! Everyone was very friendly! They not only wanted to know if I'd be good on the team but if the position would be good for me and where I was looking to take my career! The communication was clear and always easy. Overall a great experience!

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking? What are your main drivers? How do you like to be managed? What's your spirit animal? What are some ways that you recruit?   Answer Question

May 25, 2017 – Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Welcome to our team! We're lucky to have you! -Tanya Jones, Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Interview

Was long but good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor.

Interview

Start with a Phone screening, technical Screen, coding test, on site. The HR rep I worked with was very helpful and made the process much better than any other interview process I have been through.

Interview Questions

• coding question was to implement a method that checks for a sequence in an integer array, size could be anything and the method structure was given, was not terribly difficult just make sure to keep your code clean   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Golden, CO).

Interview

Process started with applying online, followed by a phone screen with recruiter; Java phone screen; half-day in-person interview, consisting of a hands-on coding session, a whiteboard design session, and a team fit session.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone conversation with HR to discuss the nature of the position and salary expectations, included a technical screening over the phone with a few software developers to gauge skills and competency, and concluded after one in-person interview with a small panel of software developers.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were technical in nature, and the difficult ones had to do with memory management, interfaces, and class inheritance.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was late for the call and it felt cold and detached. The job description wasn't as clear as it should have been; otherwise, I would have been more prepared to answer the questions. To be fair, my expertise was working with upper management, not Human Resources so I lacked expertise in that area. But she did follow up as promised on the results of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe what kind of things you would look for in data that would be important to HR and Sales.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor.

Interview

I always appreciate painless communication. I found the recruiting staff very easy to get in touch with, helpful and personable. They are not particularly quick with this process however. It was quite some time after I submitted my profile and received the request for a phone interview.

Pretty straight forward interview. Nothing out of the ordinary or particularly challenging. They were pretty upfront with a salary range in early communication.

Interview Questions

• I don't think anything really stood out. Their is an excel test at some point in the process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Denver, CO) in July 2018.

Interview

Received a follow up call to an initial application. The Home Advisor representative felt that it would be good to have a second call to discuss the next steps and scheduled it for 3:00 that day. I was instructed that they would call me and we were good to go. I rearranged a meeting in order to make that work and then no call came. Bad sign.

Interview Questions

• Comfort with inside sales and a high volume of prospecting.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor in January 2018.

Interview

Standard interview. Asked about my background and why I was looking for a new job. Then she gave a brief on the company. However they never let me know whether i got the job or not. After 5 days I assumed I didn't. I emailed the lady who initially reached out to me but I still have yet to hear anything.

Interview Questions

HomeAdvisor Response

Feb 17, 2018

It makes me very unhappy to hear things like this. Our recruiting team is dedicated to treating each and every candidate with the utmost respect, and I am sorry that this wasn't part of your... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was conducted in 2 steps, first with HR, then a manager from the sales department. Both were very friendly, patient and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I got a call back with an offer that same afternoon.

Interview Questions

HomeAdvisor Response

May 3, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, and for spending time with us! - Shannon Skalka, Director, Corporate Recruiting