HomeAdvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HomeAdvisor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.8

Interview

My interview was odd, to say the least. You interview with a hiring manager and then your potential sales manager immediately after. The first part was pretty normal, but the second half was spent with the sales manager telling me I was not qualified for the position. Strange, since the hiring manager said I was a great fit.

It's basically them rejecting you, as you'll get rejected on the phones, and pitching why you're a solid candidate. It was a very uncomfortable and odd way to do an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Feb 6, 2017

“Thanks for spending time interviewing with us, and providing this feedback. We’re glad to have you on the team!”

Online Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Very positive and thorough.
    They answered all questions and follow up email for face to face interview was very detailed.
    Hopefully the face to face interview goes as well as phone interview!

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, KS

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Spring Hill, KS) in December 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview that lasted about 10-15 minutes. During this interview, an in-person interview was scheduled. The same HR person spoke to me first in a very messy conference room, followed by a gentleman who was either a lead or a manager. I thought both interviews went well. The second person left the room to go get a third person but came back and said he was not available because he was talking to someone else. I was very politely escorted to the door and told that within 24 hours I would be told whether it was a "yes" or a "no". After two more days went by and I hadn't heard anything, I tried to call the HR woman back but realized there was no phone number in her auto signature on her email. I tried calling their main phone number and ended up getting transferred to the HE Manager's voice mail where I left a message and asked for either a call back or an email to let me know if I was still in the running or not. I waited about three more days and then tried emailing the HR person with whom I had interviewed. I still got no reply. I don't think I have ever been treated in such an unprofessional manner by any other company I've interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you are passionate about. (Both people who interviewed me asked this same question.)   Answer Question

Feb 8, 2017

We appreciate your feedback, and are sorry to hear about this experience. It is not the experience we want our candidates to have when they work with us. We will address necessary changes immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Lenexa, KS) in December 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a female recruiter via phone.. Great conversation.
    In person interview with the same lady was just a good.
    Then interviewed 10 mins later with males sales manager.. He was a very friendly and attentive listener and we maintained decent conversations

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor.

Interview

Straight and to the point. They want to know if you have the personality for sale. They were quick with an answer and offered the position within 24 hours of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you will be good in a sales position   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via job search engine and set an appointment to do an initial phone interview but HR person never followed through nor did she send an email to apologize/reschedule. Bad first impression. Perhaps the company is too busy playing shuffleboard.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

They did three phone interviews, one with the recruiter, then with the head of the department, and finally with the manager. If you were selected, they would do a walkthrough of their research lab and office.

Interview Questions

HomeAdvisor Response

Feb 6, 2017 – Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Thanks for spending time interviewing with us, and providing this feedback. We're glad to have you on the team!

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Golden, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Very laid back, informative. Looking for people who are motivated by money cause there is a lot of opportunity for it. You will need to work hard to succeed within the company, but the provide you the tools to do so. I had a phone interview that went well, was asked to come on campus the next day for an in-person, and received an offer by the end of the interview. You will likely first interview with HR, they will ask you typical interview questions, then you will likely speak with your specific manager who is more concerned about your fit within the team and your competitiveness.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Was very long interview and took over two hours. Had to fill out background consent form, an application to include info that is not listed on the resume they are given, took several online assessment tests, typing tests, outlook, excel and windows tests. Super nice staff from the person who greeted me upon entering the facility down to the director who interviewed for the position

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

First you set up an interview that lasts about 45 minutes. Then I had an in-person interview that was about 30-40 minutes as well. The phone interview was pretty easy and it was with HR but they asked some typical interview questions such as "describe a time when you faced a challenge", but it was pretty straightforward. Then you go to the in-person interview where they give you a tour of the office and ask you different things. They didn't really go over my resume that much with me, but instead jumped right into questions about performance in the office and getting me to prove that I would be competitive in the office.

Interview Questions

• What matters more: Meeting quota every month or building relationships with customers?   1 Answer