HomeAdvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.7

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

Applied online through employee referral. Got called back within a few days of submitting online application, Easy phone interview basic HR questions. Was asked to come in for a formal interview. Met with hiring manager and director. Simple questions about teamwork and willingness to work

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Golden, CO).

Interview

Process started with applying online, followed by a phone screen with recruiter; Java phone screen; half-day in-person interview, consisting of a hands-on coding session, a whiteboard design session, and a team fit session.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (New York, NY).

Interview

I received a message on LinkedIn from a recruiter followed by a brief work experience and career trajectory screening on the phone. I was then set up with an HR Specialist from Home Advisor that was very welcoming and enthusiastic.

We set up an in office interview at which I was interviewed by the same HR specialist I spoke with previously to quickly go over our phone conversation and gauge a preliminary feel and personality of the candidate, followed by a Sales Manager and a Sales Director. All were very motivated and glad to be there. The Sales Manager engages more in metric and career goal conversation that seems to gauge whether you would thrive in the environment given your motivations and past experiences. The Sales Director seems to be signing off on whether you'll integrate into their culture on a larger scale and not phase out in their highly competitive environment.

There was a complete breakdown of compensation structure that clearly expressed how to excel and thrive in the business, as well as a detailed training program to bring new candidates up to speed.

The office tour was amazing! Everyone was comfortable and those that achieved were celebrated. The environment is highly competitive and seemingly not for the faint of heart, but with plenty opportunity to unwind in your free time.

Once the office tour is over, you step back in the office for a wrap up, ask any last questions and call it a day. Overall, if you want to be there it's a phenomenal experience.

Interview Questions

HomeAdvisor Response

Aug 19, 2017

This is great feedback! The entire team works hard to make every interview a positive experience for candidates, and I'm happy to hear you had this type of experience with us. Thanks for providing... More

Online Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I was initially excited for the interview process. They gave me a call less than 24 hours after I submitted my application and in 2 days I was heading to New York for an interview. I had an interview with a hiring manager and a sales manager, both were very intense, but they seemed pleasant enough. I thought the interview went well, but my negative experience was due to the lack of decorum I was shown after the interview. It has been more than a month since I interviewed for the position and I have yet to receive any sort of update, or at the very least an automated rejection email. I'm not saying that I am particularly deserving of an offer, but hearing absolutely nothing at all, despite emailing the hiring manager and sales manager that interviewed me, has left a bitter taste and a bad impression. If I had at least gotten an automated rejection email, that would have gone a long way towards making a better impression.

Interview Questions

• The sales manager asked me to "sell" one of my interests to him.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Process was pretty simple overall. Applied through my school's job board and was contacted fairly quickly to come in for an interview. Interviewed with two hr ladies who were very welcoming and asked basic questions. Then interviewed with two head salesman who were a bit more intense and energetic. Finally I spoke with the sales director of the office who gave me a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

HomeAdvisor Response

Aug 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give this feedback, and welcome to the team! - Shannon Skalka, Sr. Manager, Corporate Recruiting

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor.

Interview

The interview was easy. Then they give you some real time project to put together with not a lot of information even though it's document overload. A lot of work for a position I wasn't working and a position that only required a HS diploma. Eventually, the process took way to long with too many loopholes and I took another offer

Interview Questions

• Asked to compare and contrast 3 vendors for cubicles in an office space that was being renovated. The documents I was given seemed real time. Lots of information that wasn't super valuable was in the documents.   Answer Question

Jun 12, 2017 – Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process, and we're sorry that it seemed to drag out. We'll take that into consideration for the future. Best of luck in your new role! -Tanya Jones, Sr... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Two days later received an email to set up an initial phone screen. Phone screen was pretty basic: asked to give a brief review of your experience, then they explain the company, ask basic questions, and then you have the opportunity to ask questions. Then at the end of the phone screen, they set up a second in-person interview. This interview was at their location in NYC. The HR person, two managers, and a director interview you. They all asked similar questions, I'm guessing this is to get a good feel for you and see if you would fit into the work environment. Everyone who interviewed me were very inviting, excited about their job, and were all motivated. At the end of the interview I got an office tour and you receive an answer within 24 hours after the in-person interview of whether or not you get the job.The interview process is quick and very efficient!

Interview Questions

HomeAdvisor Response

Aug 19, 2017

We appreciate this feedback, and are happy to have you on the team! - Shannon Skalka, Sr. Manager, Corporate Recruiting

Graphic/Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Golden, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening interview with HR recruiter who as very friendly yet professional. I immediately felt at ease from her explanation of the role and of the questions I was asked.

2nd interview was with the hiring manager. She was very friendly, professional and easy to talk with. I knew right away that I would like working for the company as the entire vibe of the folk was very welcoming and positive. It's looked like everyone enjoyed their jobs! The welcome in the lobby from the receptionist, a specially printed out paper personally addressed to me with a sheet outlining available benefits was impressive.

3rd interview was with the creative team. What an amazing group of talent and some very good questions asked of me. Although I was very nervous they made me feel comfortable and were easy and fun to talk to!

Huge thanks to all of you! You are all amazing!

Interview Questions

• Why HomeAdvisor? What is your preferred work environment? How do you feel about being less senior here compared to previous positions you have had?   Answer Question

May 25, 2017 – Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Thanks for your awesome feedback on our interview process. I'm glad you had a really positive experience with us, and thank you for spending time getting to know us! Best of luck! -Tanya Jones, Sr... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, in person interview w/ HR rep, 2 Sales Managers & Director of Sales. Never even met w/ my recruiter nor received a response back. Starting salary was $30k, commissions paid every 2w. Office looked dinged up and old, but they mentioned they were moving this year. The guy at reception was off-putting and complaining about people encroaching in his space. The place felt like a free-for-all.

Interview Questions

HomeAdvisor Response

Jun 9, 2017

I’m disappointed to hear your experience with us wasn’t more positive. We take this feedback very seriously, and will work with the team to address any issues there might be in our interview... More

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAdvisor in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR rep that led to another phone interview with the hiring manager. The HR rep was amazing and very excited about the company. They value culture a lot so part of it was a culture fit. The company sounded like a great place and it seemed like they really care about their employees success.

I received another offer prior to my second interview so I rescinded my application, but if I did't get the other offer, this company would have been my preference.

I interviewed with 20-30 companies before accepting a position and the HR rep was in the top 3 that I spoke with. He was very pleasant and helpful - and actually knew about UX design as well, which can be hard to find a phone screen interviewer.