HomeAway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HomeAway Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2018

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process was a little lengthy in between interviews, calls, etc. but overall was a great experience. We spoke with different level of employees, got to hear about their experiences and got free t-shirts on day 1.

Interview Questions

• They always ask... what makes you tick, what keeps you going basically.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeAway.

Interview

Heather was my recruiter and i really feel she went above and beyond to accomodate my requests. She really is awesome at her job
    I accepted the offer and went to the orientation but could not start the position at the time due to some unforseen medical issue but i will be honored to one day work for this company.
    The atmostphere at the orientation was pretty welcoming as well.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Met with customer service team at one of their many locations in Austin. Signed in on the ipad then went to their break room which was a lot of fun. They provided pizza for us to eat as well as drinks. I met other applicants as well as staff. They were happy to answer any questions awhile waiting for the one on one process. Then had my one on one interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway.

Interview

Invited to hiring event. Love the culture and employees that attended to answer any questions you may have. Was invited through a reference inside the company. Highly recommend this company. Excited to start working!

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway.

Interview

I had a 1st Phone Screen with the recruiter & 2nd with the hiring manager. Both conversations were great, general HR interview questions, positive experience.
    I was flown out a full interview loop consisting of 4 interviews with 2 people each. 50% of the questions were regarding the position, the other 50% were not even professional. A few of the interviewers did not take the process or my time seriously. Additionally, I was asked a total of 6 times (both phone screens and all 4 onsite interviews) "Why I wanted to work at HomeAway?"
    I was not presented an offer nor any feedback. If I had been presented an offer, I'm not confident I would have accepted as the environment seemed cliquey.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

During our initial call for a specific role, Recruiter demonstrated a deep understanding of several other positions at HomeAway, allowing him to rapidly map my skills to different job descriptions and increase the likelihood of driving both agendas (mine and HomeAway's) forward . In most companies, recruiters do not possess this level of business acumen and maturity.

Also, a key aspect of any interview process for me is how fully transparent it is. A candidate can easily tell an honest, transparent feedback from a standardized one. And I was glad to hear the former from HomeAway.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your background experience relates to the job description.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway in January 2018.

Interview

I’v finished two rounds of interview: one phone screen with HR and one tech interview with an engineer. They are professional and nice. The interviews went well but finally I got a phone call from hr and was told that I would be notified whether onsite interview will be offered at late February, which is over one month from the phone interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I had about 3 rounds of interviews.

First was the normal online personality stuff.

Then a digital interview (20 minutes recording yourself, kinda awkward)

Final one in person. Final interview was more like a cattle call. About 40-50 people. They have about 6-8 interviewers there for the candidates. You get called up in the same order you signed in. I was slightly early but still at the end. This resulted in me waiting for 2 hours to interview for about 10 minutes. They had pizza and some employees to talk to about the role but I was more frustrated that they didn't just schedule half for one hour and the second half for the second hour.

Nothing too crazy with the in person questions. Regular stuff like tell me about your past jobs, how you deal with conflict, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Literally took 10 minutes.

Got an email the next day saying I got the job.

The company is great to work for - culture and benefits, very transparent and will help you with anything you need. Lots of ability to grow your career.

Director Interview

Application

Interview

HomeAway recruiters made the process very efficient, smooth, and fast. I had a positive recruiter phone screen, 4 global stakeholder phone interviews, 9 face to face interviews, and an executive presentation over an afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Given real world business details of X, Y, and Z, please prepare a full presentation of how you would offer a comprehensive executable solution with implementation details and a timeline to rolling out your plan. Be prepared to give and take questions for this entire presentation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX).

Interview

First there was a phone interview with a very nice lady. It was very causal and didn’t feel like a interview. Next was a face to face which was not so nice. There were two people, a man and a woman. They asked questions but never really smiled and acted human. I knew that I answered the questions well but wasn’t sure if I had got the job based on their attitude.