HomeAway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

192 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX).

Interview

First there was a phone interview with a very nice lady. It was very causal and didn’t feel like a interview. Next was a face to face which was not so nice. There were two people, a man and a woman. They asked questions but never really smiled and acted human. I knew that I answered the questions well but wasn’t sure if I had got the job based on their attitude.

Senior Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway.

Interview

The interview process was great.
    Initially contacted by the recruiter and couple of phone interviews.
    One was coding session and other one was casual with general resume questions and discussion.

The onsite was 4 rounds and each round consisted of Datastructure/Algorithm question with some questions on the resume. The interview went great and I was contacted by the recruiter to inform that they are proceeding further with the offer.

After a couple of weeks of salary negotiation and talking to different teams, they finally said they could not make an offer due to the costs associated with Green card. I was really let down by that, since the company was aware of my immigration status right from the Day1 of the interview process. They could have saved me so much effort, travel and time I spent on the interview process, had they first figured out the costs and then interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Standard Datastructure, algorithm questions. I would say medium hard leve from CTCI book.   Answer Question

Training and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a phone screening with the recruiter. She was very positive and seemed to think I was a good fit for the job. She then said the hiring manager (who had just gotten the job) would be review my resume and her review and then they would set up an interview if she thought I would be a good fit. I received an email the next day with interview an information for two days later with the hiring manager. I had an hour long interview with her and once again thought it went very well. I received a phone a call from the recruiter saying the manager did not think I could handle the work load very well.

Interview Questions

• How many projects did you work on at the same time at your previous position and how long did you have to complete them?   2 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAway.

Interview

I apply online and it took like a week before i receive an invitation to do a hacker rank questions. But I was not able to go forward because number of applicants.

Interview Questions

• get the even number of a link list   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAway.

Interview

Process was pretty much like others said. Mine was somewhat expedited because I was interviewing with another company at same time. Overall mixed experience. I always got the feeling that the company doesn't pay very well, but I played along. The interview process was mostly transparent but confusing at times. I was told some manager wanted to speak to me first on the phone (not an interview) to see if I'm a potential fit after the phone interview passed, but that got cancelled the next day.

On-site was more difficult than I thought but people were nice and seemed smart. The big shocker came at the end. I was offered the job the day after given "very positive feedback", only to be told two hours later that I didn't meet the bar for senior engineer, that I could only come on as a regular engineer. The pay would be quite far off from my last job, they basically expected me to say no so I declined the next day.

I think it has to do with the fact that they didn't think they could come close to my other offer, so someone higher up decided to save the trouble of having a manager meeting to find a team, getting it approved, etc.

Anyway, seems like a good company and the people there probably enjoy it. Just be aware that it may not be for you if you are a more established dev.

Interview Questions

• Algo/design/behavior/resume questions. Some are difficult and unlike the most typical asked   Answer Question

Global Traveler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway.

Interview

My interview process with HomeAway was less than ideal. I went through multiple stages of the interview process over a total of 55 business days. After multiple phone calls and missing work to meet in-person several times, I ultimately I did not get an offer. Despite positive feedback from the in-house recruiter through the entire process, I was told that they felt the final interview was "too similar" to the initial conversations we had. The final interview was only 30 minutes long and scheduled three weeks after the one before it. With such a significant amount of time between conversations, it was far from enough time to revisit questions they had already asked in previous sessions and cover new material, especially as they asked many of exact same questions from before.

My advice to HomeAway would be to make the interview process a reasonable amount of time. If you know it's going to take two months because you're just not ready to bring someone on, please don't waste their time until you have everything in order. A 55 business day process is and weeks between interviews is absurd.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a campaign which failed and how you applied what you learned moving forward.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway.

Interview

Met the recruiters on campus. Completed on campus interview, followed by coding challenge, and a final onsite interview before getting the offer. The recruiters were extremely friendly. Their tech interviews are a little strange in that they are usually partner questions where you answer a coding question in a pair, but they do that to see how you work in a team and it's kinda nice having someone to work on a tech question with.

Interview Questions

• String Parsing Question. Coding challenge was not too difficult.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HomeAway.

Interview

Haven't finished the phone screen interview. Finished the Online Assessment test. 2 questions, 75 mins. The first one is search a key in a binary tree (so easy). The second one is beautiful subarray.

Interview Questions

• The first one is search a key in a binary tree (so easy). The second one is beautiful subarray.   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Onsite interview, 4 back to back interviews, 45 mins each with 4 different interviewers. Also involved networking happy hour day before and after interviews, a scavenger hunt and other activities

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Initially had phone interview with Recruiter, then phone interview with Hiring Manager, then in-person with 4 people the position would be working closely with at their Austin HQ.

The whole process seemed disjointed and not effective for hiring quality candidates.

Interview Questions

• Multiple people had a question surrounding handling conflict. "If you or someone else disagreed with your point of view, how would you handle that conflict?" Or, "These two teams don't see eye to eye on a particular topic, how do you handle that conflict?"   1 Answer