HomeAway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HomeAway Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway in September 2017.

Interview

I applied to their software engineering internship online and received an email a couple days after for an online coding test. Two questions in 75 mins. Technical phone screen to follow.

Application

Interview

Applied Online, and received a hackerrank exam. I completed the exam with all test cases passed, and never heard back even after emailing the recruiter about my application status. Not sure why they decided to ghost me.

EDIT: About a month after I completed the hackerrank, a recruiter emailed me that they met their hiring quota. At least they had the courtesy to send that email.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeAway in September 2017.

Interview

Got an online assessment last month and finished it in a week. Just received a letter said they have reached the capacity. I am not surprised this would happen. But they should have the decency to tell their candidates as soon as possible. I have waited for a month.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HomeAway in September 2017.

Interview

The initial step was a hackerrank coding interview. From there there was a phone interview and the people on the phone were pretty nice and enthusiastic. They were readily available via email and that was helpful when we had any types of questions on the process.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX).

Interview

Process consisted of 3 phone calls and onsite interview. Onsite was very long with multiple people at times. I was pretty sure I had aced it, but I guess that wasn't the case :(

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAway.

Interview

the recruiter just called me and scheduled a technical interview first, the technical interview asked a few simple questions , and then scheduled a onsite interview. the onsite interview took about 4 hours and the process was very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAway (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Was flown to Bellevue for onsite interviews. HomeAway was recently acquired by Expedia and the Bellevue office is brand new (originally a part of Expedia). So, the actual onsite interview process there is a bit awkward as you'll be interviewed by some employees face-to-face, including Expedia veterans, and, for some reason half of my interviews onsite were over Skype.

Interview Questions

• Accept an integer as input and output the corresponding column the number is represented in in Excel. So, 1 is A, 27 is AA, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HomeAway (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Worst interview experience with HomeAway.

I applied through LinkedIn in the middle of august.
    I got a call from recruiter and he set up a 45min technical interview with one of their developers. Then i was selected for further interviews in Bellevue area. They fly you to their place. I went through four rounds of similar interviews on site with various people from different teams.

The recruiter called me in 4-5 days later to raise an offer. After all the negotiations and finding me a team to join. They somehow decided to call it off. This happened in last week of august.

I am on H1-B and the recruiter said that they will be able to transfer the H1-B on October 1st. So I waited for a month and got back to the recruiter to start the process again.
    Now they say there are no openings. Where in I see multiple openings on their website.

I didn't like the way they dealt with it. Raising false hopes and wrong communication is not good.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Brief phone screen followed by a 1 hour technical phone interview, then a 3 hour onsite interview process with 4 sets of people. Overall generic whiteboarding questions about data structures/algorithms and some design questions.

Interview Questions

• - Algorithm for calculating fibonacci sequence, wanted recursive and iterative solution.
      - Data structure questions about hashmaps etc.
      - Fill in a 2D array with numbers in an inward spiraling pattern.
      - Design a system to send text messages to a texting service given certain constraints (i.e. numbers can only be used 500 times per day and send at a rate of 1 per second)
      - Design a system to generate/store/provide promotional unique ids for a soda company to put under their bottle caps.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Received an email from the technical recruiter asking to schedule an initial phone screen. A week later a technical interview was scheduled with a Sr. Software Developer, and then I was invited to their Domain office for the next interviews. There were 4 interviews onsite, 45 minutes each. Got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, OOPS design questions, problem solving, react.js exercises, vanilla javascript exercises. No behavioral questions asked.   Answer Question