HomeGoods Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HomeGoods Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at HomeGoods

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeGoods in November 2018.

Interview

The lady who interviewed me was super nice! I was supposed to meet with the store manager today to complete my interview but she called me and told me I got the job. I have orientation coming up soon

Interview Questions

• They asked about my greatest work successs stories, how to continually please customers, what I would do in certain situations, how I’d keep in touch with my supervisor, and all of the normal person questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HomeGoods

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Is was an overall easy interview. The questions were pretty simple. They pretty much just wanted to get to know who i was as an individual to known if I would be a asset to the company.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeGoods.

Interview

Awesome and that is where awesome ends. One does not know about credit card pressure and their days being taken when you don't get one. That is where you are penalized and becomes not worth it.

Interview Questions

• Your schedule and your flexibility so that they can work around it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ballwin, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Ballwin, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

Ran cash register. Processed merchandise as it came off truck. Processed returns. Answered guests questions. Helped customers find merchandise. Management asked questions about previous experience. There was also a test questionnaire about honesty. Background check was also performed. HomeGoods is a good place to work but they don't pay very much. Schedule is flexible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Lynnwood, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Mostly asked about past work or school related experiences, it was very short just about 15 minutes, made me feel pretty comfortable didn't judge the fact that i was a little shy and quiet

Interview Questions

• what is one achievement you've made in school or work that you've been proud of?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HomeGoods.

Interview

Easy, simple, couple questions about strengths/weaknesses, and about the company. The manager was nice, but it took a while to get an interview I called back many times about my application to get in touch with the hiring manager

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I filled out the online application and submitted it. A couple week and later, one of the store managers called me and asked to set up an interview. I missed the call and she left a message. I called back the next day (as it was late when I saw the message) and said I had been called about an interview and asked to talk to the mananger. I got transferred and talked to the other manager, apparently the one who had called me wasn't in that day. She said she would check the other manager's schedule (Amber, I think was her name?) and we settled on a date and time and she said she would talk to Amber and make sure it was fine and if not, she would call again to set up a different time. I never got another call, so I showed up at the time we had discussed. I told the cashier I was supposed to have an interview today and she got the manager, who came out looking confused and asked if we had previously scheduled the interview, because she had no record of it. (??????) For some reason, there was no record of that on either of their schedules (I never met Amber, by the way. The person interviewed with the other manager, the one who I actually talked with. She had no memory of this.) Anyway, she decided to do the interview anyway and asked me some basic questions. Eventually (probably because I was answering the questions in a very obviously "i'm interviewing for a retail job" way) she said, "You know the position we're hiring for is going to be in the back, stocking?" and I said no, I was not aware of that, since I had applied to be a Sales Associate/Cashier. Anyways, after that I left and didn't get a call, which I am happy about since they seemed pretty unorganized.

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Naperville, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application and got a call for an interview about two weeks later. Interview was not too formal; one of the managers just sat me down in the back and asked me questions that any normal retail establishment would ask me and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Little Rock, AR) in October 2016.

Interview

It was percice and well put . I was told the do's and donuts and giving a firm list of rules . I was referred by a friend and then talked to a hiring manage filled out an application then interviewed same day .

Interview Questions

• Why should I be able to work here , what makes me qualified?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hendersonville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Hendersonville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to set up an interview. I arrived there ten minutes early and told the cashier I was there for an interview. I was told to wait for the manager. So I stood there for about 5 minutes or more until I was lead to the back for my interview. From the very start, I could tell that as soon as the manager saw me he had no interest in hiring me. He seemed like he just wanted to get the interview done with because he already decided that I was not good enough even though I am a hard worker. He did not seem to even care about my answers to his questions because he did not allow me to explain my answers, he just wanted the interview done so that he didn't have to talk to me again and move on.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest accomplishments at your previous work?   Answer Question