HomeStreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HomeStreet

2.1

Wealth Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

recruiter asked generic questions and didn't seem moved by sales figures at all....strong sales figures. She didn't seem to know what an external wholesaler does and could not apply it to the role

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. BOOOOOOOOORING and what can I tell you about the company   Answer Question

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Good interview with questions around communication and work methods. Not much around SharePoint questions except for what you have done.

Negotiation

95K was the lowest and I declined at first. They came back and bumped it up to $105K

Mortgage Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a couple phone interviews with two different people in the human resources department and they expressed interest in my experience and ability to fit the needs of the job requirements.....

Then i received a call back and the Head Recruiter for the department asked me to come up to Seattle and meet with the Department head for an interview in Seattle

Then had a face to face interview with the department head......

The biggest problem was that they informed me they would get back within the week regarding a decision...... heard nothing....... then i had to call back after two weeks that i was not selected.....

Interview Questions

• Have you had past experience working with Assignment of Trade transactions?   1 Answer

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

The interview process was the least professional process I've ever been through. I was taken into the break room with the hiring manager and three other loan processors. I'm fine with panel interviews, but this was more like the supervisor needing his employees to feel me out, and help support him as they kept prompting him to ask questions. It was hard to take them seriously when we're sitting in a freezing break room, filled with food smells, and salt and pepper sitting on the table.

Interview Questions

• How well do you think you'll fit in here? Anyone can learn the job, but if you don't fit in, it's not going to work.   1 Answer

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Seattle, WA).

Interview

HomeStreet has a very efficient process from first contact. I submitted my resume online and had an initial call back within a week. Within a day or two, I received an email invitation to a follow-up phone interview with the hiring manager. Prior to the in-person interview, I was asked to complete pre-employment screening. At the office, I met with the head of the Treasury office as well as a portfolio manager in the Treasury department, an analyst whom I would likely be working alongside in the role, and a VP from the commercial real estate department. The entire meeting lasted 2 hours, with 30 minutes to meet one-on-one with each interviewer. After the interview I was asked to complete an exercise/assessment and returned it early the next morning. A week later, I followed up with my HR contact and learned they had decided to hire another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your hobbies - what do you enjoy doing after work?   Answer Question

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was happy to receive two calls for a scheduled interview, but the follow up response was the oddest I ever encountered, almost as if they had never called me in the first place (?)

Interview Questions

• The Homestreet recruiter in spite of the HR credentials didn't seem qualified and sounded like she was calling just to say the call was made. The questions from the 5-minute call were so basic as to almost be silly.   1 Answer

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Initially, everything was status quo. Apply online, email from Recruiting Coordinator setting up a time to speak with HM, then phone call from HM.

The Hiring Manager was very friendly and a fairly good representation for Homestreet Bank. I was asked your typical questions of "Why are you looking to leave your current position", "Why Homestreet Bank", "What do you know about us", and the kicker was "What is something you've created or initiated?" Great question, though I don't think they were ready for my answer. You see, Homestreet is very 'old school" banking. My innovation probably scared them to death. They are still utilizing manual processes, don't know how to utilize their current ATS at all, and really, don't have a Recruiting Program at all. Of course, this is why they were looking for a Recruiting Manager, though not to manage or lead people, to manage the process.

Pay was also another issue. They wanted to pay this position WAY under market. Slightly unfair for building processes and a program. There comp and benefits model was not that generous either.

Finally, I had to ask (after my initial thank you email) where the process was at. I received an email saying they moved forward with someone else. Wanting to learn from the experience, I asked for feedback. I have yet to receive any at all. Not good business in my opinion. We're professionals, if I ask, be kind enough to provide. It only takes a minute. All attempts to network with these people have failed as well. Again, that 'old school' demeanor and being stuck in their own world.

My Advice: Treat your candidates as potential customers. You never know who you're talking to, what they could bring to the table, or who they could refer.

Fund Financial Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeStreet in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy but was questioned on how it aligns with my goals. I made it clear on how it was but the interviewer was too ignorant to listen.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HomeStreet.

Interview

HR found my resume on Monster.com and requested a phone interview. She was very professional and a wonderful person to work with. She is a great face for the company. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an face to face interview with the Manager. After having to reschedule due to his timing issues, I went in for the face to face interview only to be told he couldn't make it. I paid for parking in down town and took a large piece of my time to dedicate to the interview. Strike one and what should have been a huge red flag. We rescheduled and I showed up for the second try for the face to face interview. The manager was pleasant, but talked a lot about how he wanted to replace his current EA as she didn't perform well enough. (Red flag number two, never allow anyone to speak badly of an employee, they will do it to you as well). If it weren't for the HR rep, I probably would not have accepted the position, but based on her and pleasant and professional nature, I accepted. As to be expected, the outcome wasn't a good match for myself and the manager. The interview process worked well with HR, not with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked about marketing, and how I could assist with their overall marketing plans. This is an EA role, not a marketing role.   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Federal Way, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. Met with Manager and Assistant Manager. The were very friendly. Basically went through a script of questions you can tell they have asked applicants a hundred times. They described the culture and what the job/project entails.