HomeStreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HomeStreet Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.4

Fund Financial Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeStreet in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy but was questioned on how it aligns with my goals. I made it clear on how it was but the interviewer was too ignorant to listen.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Seattle, WA).

Interview

HomeStreet has a very efficient process from first contact. I submitted my resume online and had an initial call back within a week. Within a day or two, I received an email invitation to a follow-up phone interview with the hiring manager. Prior to the in-person interview, I was asked to complete pre-employment screening. At the office, I met with the head of the Treasury office as well as a portfolio manager in the Treasury department, an analyst whom I would likely be working alongside in the role, and a VP from the commercial real estate department. The entire meeting lasted 2 hours, with 30 minutes to meet one-on-one with each interviewer. After the interview I was asked to complete an exercise/assessment and returned it early the next morning. A week later, I followed up with my HR contact and learned they had decided to hire another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your hobbies - what do you enjoy doing after work?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Federal Way, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. Met with Manager and Assistant Manager. The were very friendly. Basically went through a script of questions you can tell they have asked applicants a hundred times. They described the culture and what the job/project entails.

Wealth Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

recruiter asked generic questions and didn't seem moved by sales figures at all....strong sales figures. She didn't seem to know what an external wholesaler does and could not apply it to the role

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. BOOOOOOOOORING and what can I tell you about the company   Answer Question

Non Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Multiple interviews with various levels of management. Internal recruiter was my contact through most of the process, was very friendly, and I felt as though she was looking out for my interests as well as company's. Interviewers were friendly and kept discussions and questions relevant to the prospective job. Not really any negotiation opportunity, but I thought the offer was very fair and I couldn't reasonably expect more.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky. Focused on historical experience and personal aspirations.   Answer Question

Mortgage Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a couple phone interviews with two different people in the human resources department and they expressed interest in my experience and ability to fit the needs of the job requirements.....

Then i received a call back and the Head Recruiter for the department asked me to come up to Seattle and meet with the Department head for an interview in Seattle

Then had a face to face interview with the department head......

The biggest problem was that they informed me they would get back within the week regarding a decision...... heard nothing....... then i had to call back after two weeks that i was not selected.....

Interview Questions

• Have you had past experience working with Assignment of Trade transactions?   1 Answer

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Good interview with questions around communication and work methods. Not much around SharePoint questions except for what you have done.

Negotiation

95K was the lowest and I declined at first. They came back and bumped it up to $105K

Senior Loan Review Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Seattle, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial contact by contract employee, followed by HR-rep. and hiring manager. Invited for on-site interview, hosted in 1st class hotel. Interview process was very non-threatening and informative. No trick questions; emphasis on qualification and compatibility.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself; state clear reasoning for salary expectation; suggest mid-year review.

Loan Processor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeStreet (Vancouver, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Was a formal interview with informal questions. I was asked how I handled stress, if I enjoyed having fun at work & asked to describe myself. I was told if I personally don't fit in w/the people who work there, it wouldn't matter how well I knew the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical or too difficult was asked. Again, I was asked about myself, personally. And not really given any questions on what skills I had to offer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

At my 2nd interview, which was with the hiring manager and his supervisor, I was given the back ground check form to complete, and told it would take a couple of days. Once it was completed, I was emailed that it came back clear, and asked when I'd like to start.

Loan Processor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

Interview

It was a formal interview with informal questions. They didn't ask any technical questions, or ask what I knew about processing in general, or what experience I had with processing. It was them trying to gauge if I would be "fun" to work with. After sitting in a very cold conference room for an hour, with 2 employees and the manager, I left feeling like they had no regard for what I knew and could offer the company. They were more concerned with how well I'd fit into their culture.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle stress?
      Did I enjoy having fun at work?
      How long had I been processing, and did I enjoy it?
      What do I do in my spare time at home?
      1 Answer
    • It wasn't really a question, so much as a statement. They said that it didn't matter how well someone knows the job, and can do the job, if their personality doesn't fit in with the majority of the group (i.e. liking to gossip with management) that it wouldn't be a good fit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a considerable starting salary. The only thing I negotiated was vacation time. Having been with my former employer for 14+ years, annually I earned a substantial amount of PTO. When I mentioned that to my soon to be manager, they were able to give me an extra week, as they had a clause, that if someone had been with their previous employer for 10+ years, they could give the now new hire an extra week of vacation. So instead of 2 weeks, I got 3 weeks. The best part though was working like a dog and not being able to use this vacation.