Homesite Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Homesite Group

2.4

Policy Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Homesite Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I first got into Homesite through a temp agency, however when the room for another full hire processor opened up I was directly approached for the position. They treated my interview the exact same way as anyone else's who was applying from inside the company, and it was very clean and simple.

Interview Questions

• They asked about organizational skills   1 Answer

Junior Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homesite Group (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very smooth process. One round of HR interview and one round of technical interview. No difficult questions asked. Maybe because the security team does not have much power to make changes to the company.

Interview Questions

• How are your skills in coding and scripting?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Homesite Group (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was a typical Behavior Descriptive type interview. Come prepared ready to discuss your prior experience and examples of how you handled certian situations. Easy if you're well prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homesite Group (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

Technical phone screen. Basic questions related to OOP and SQL. 4-round on-site interview. More basic technical questions, some behavioral questions, and one coding exercise. Very easy interviews overall. Some disorganization and lack of communication after the verbal job offer; it took over a week to get the actual written offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Homesite Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

Person interviewing me would ask me a technical question and then quickly focus all her attention on some game she was playing on her cell phone! One time I had finished answering the question and quietly sat there for about a minute when suddenly she realized that I was done, and then she'd pop another question and return back to her game. Can't make this stuff up! When she was done with all her questions she stood up, said someone will be coming in. I sat there all alone for about 20 minutes when the HR woman came in and asked "has anyone else come in to see you?" I said no. About 10 minutes later some young man came in and started 1/2 yelling at me saying "somebody was here to see you! why did you say no one was here to see you?!" ... and after a few minutes walked out. About 10 minutes later a young man came in and was very professional and started asking me some technical questions. One was about a bubble sort , and others as well. I then asked "do you use this in the applications that you develop?" He said "no, I learned this in school a couple of years ago and just wanted to know if you knew anything about it! Frankly, in thinking back, I should have walked out of the conference room, looked for the company presidents office, walked into his/her office and gave him a piece of my mind. I'm a pretty mild person, but this experience was a form of harassment! If your looking to work here, check out the salaries listed. Maybe I experienced all these losers because nobody with any degree of experience would take a job here! Can you imagine just sitting there all by yourself for all that time and then you start getting yelled at because when asked you gave a honest answer to a question that the HR rep asked me? Frankly, maybe she also was wondering why I was just sitting there all alone for all that time, otherwise why would she walk all the way over from another part of the building to come to the conference room and ask such a question with a frustrated tone in her voice? After that experience, if they had offered me $200,000 salary, I'd tell them to go "pound sand"!

Interview Questions

• Asked me about a bubble sort.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Homesite Group (Boston, MA) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied through a agent. After a very short phone interview a onsite visit was scheduled. Those person I have talked look like they are super star. They only look for their expected answers and did not accepted any other solutions.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Homesite Group (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Scheduled with 4 developers with one of them being the hiring manager. Unfortunately, 2 of the 4 did not show up for the interview including the hiring manager. It is hard to shine when half of the interviewing team did not make it into work.

Interview Questions

• LINQ: Given a collection of people, how would you index using LINQ a specific person given their ID   1 Answer
    • LINQ: Given a collection people, how would you retrieve the person with the oldest DOB.
      Var oldest = <collection>.orderby(e=>e.DOB).Take(1)   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Homesite Group (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with corporate recruiter. Within a few days, was invited onsite for four one on one half-hour sessions with two managers and two developers.

Managers interested in previous experiences and lean towards behavioral questions. Developers asked to do white board questions.

Received offer soon after. Offer open to negotiation.

Interview Questions

• FizzBuzz, Project Euler questions, Linked List, Database   Answer Question

Web Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homesite Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

Two rounds, first 30 mins phone interview, then 1.5 hrs Skype 30 mins with 3 different people. One with Director, developer and team manager. It was easy process mostly everything was based on resume and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Very basic behavior question in 1st round and little bit of MySql, no tenacious technial questions.   1 Answer
    • In 2nd round two developers asked basic technical questions relatively easy but lengthy.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Homesite Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

very sarcastic, Insulting. I never thought they would hire me. they asked about previous jobs and seemed bored out of their minds. Next day I got a call from the CEO who asked to interview me. I met with him. He was the coolest general manager I ever interviewed with. He is why I took the job.