Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana

2.8

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana (Greensburg, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

Started out with a basic phone interview. Then got a call back for an on site interview. Interviewers went over the job description well and explained all benefits

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you didn't agree with a management decision. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Interview

Straight forward interview. Initial HR phone call after submitting application two weeks prior. Call was 3-4 behavioral questions and comp overview. Few weeks later was invited for onsite with two hiring managers...similar behavioral questions. Overall was a relax and comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate..fair offer. I hear thy don't negotiate

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana (Greensburg, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

The initial contact was a phone screen where a person asked very generic questions. At the end of the phone screen they do not tell you whether or not they will be moving forward. About a week after the phone screen I received an email that stated that they wanted to bring me on site for an interview. At the on site interview several people read off of a standard interview form that had more generic questions that did not relate to the position for which I was interviewing. At the end of the interview I was told that they would follow up in the next few weeks as they had another interview to do. As is customary these days, I thought that they had chosen not to move forward but had not contacted me, but a few months later they called me to ask if I was still interested in the job. The next day they emailed me a conditional offer. Before the final offer was made, I had to come back on site in order to take a drug test. After they got satisfactory results from the drug test, they made the official offer.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was asking how you deal with conflict with coworkers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Honda Manufacturing of Indiana does not negotiate... period. I asked for a few things and they said that they couldn't deviate from their offer because if they made an exception for me, they would have to do it for everyone.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana (Greensburg, IN) in December 2011.

Interview

They called me one day after submitting my resume 1 week before. Then had a phone interview with management the next week, then came in for a face to face the week after. 3 weeks later they offered me the job.

Interviews were simple; no technical experience challenged, no brain teasers, no thought required. Just smile, make eye contact, and answer their questions about life challenges to the best of your ability.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what was my expectations at Honda.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take the low salary or leave it. One day to think about it.

Assembly Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana (Greensburg, IN).

Interview

Applied online the first week of Nov. 2007. I had a preliminary test at the end of Feb. 2008. I went in for a personal interview at the end of April. Went back in for a physical and drug testing the first of June. My start date was Sept. 15. Overall a long involved process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked in the personal interview to describe a time when I had to work together with another employee to solve a problem relating to my job performance. I did not immediately have an answer so I had to make up a completely false but apparently believable story.   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana (Greensburg, IN).

Interview

I put an application in March. Honda called me back 3 or 4 months later to schedule to take a test in September. Then, I passed the test interviewed with 2 managers. They loved me and came back, again to do a physical & drug test. This whole process from when they called back took a month. I didn't get a call back until a year later to take come back and test...

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Nothing special. Going over the resume, asked what i've done in the past, project wise etc. They never really replied back after the interview, so I knew It didn't go well. I tried contacting them over and over but it was impossible to reach the person who interviewed me.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana (Greensburg, IN).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR within 8 weeks. Had a 1 hour phone interview with HR. They explained the company structure and climate and asked 3 behavioral interview questions (STAR Situation Task Action Result). I asked a few questions but she did not seem to know the answer to any so I left it at that.

A week later I was invited for an onsite interview. I met and interviewed with two managers. They went over my resume for about 10 minutes and asked various questions pertaining to my experience. They then asked me 5 behavioral questions in which I answered using STAR format. At the end I asked a few questions about the job and my responsibilities. It lasted a little over an hour.

Very comfortable interview climate. The hiring managers seemed very open to my responses and often asked follow up questions to further investigate my methods and how I deal with certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Explain a policy which you do not agree with but needed to implement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I felt it was a fair offer. I hear through the grapevine that Honda does not negotiate but I do not know first hand.

Production Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana in June 2012.

Interview

Mathematics/personality test(s)-to assess your attention to detail-and at what speed. Physical hand strength/assembly test(pegboard). Two in-person interviews. Very casual questions about,basically are you a hard working,quality-minded person-who gets along well with all types of people-who is honest? Do you always try to give 100% and always help others, without needing to be praised,like a little baby?

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were asked to go above and beyond what was normally expected of you.   Answer Question

Financial/Cost Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana.

Interview

Went through outside recruiter. After 2 phone interviews was then contacted 6 weeks later by Recruiter with same agency although this recruiter worked in the Honda plant. Started at square 1 again as this recruiter apparently had no info on me. After going through phone screen for a third time was contacted for phone interview with 3 people. They decided to conduct this as a group interview using a speaker phone making it very difficult to hear them.

At end of interview was told I would be contacted within a week. Given previous experience I should have known this was false. Never heard another word. Job still sits on the website unfulfilled. It seem professional courtesy is dead. I understand every candidate can't be contacted but if you interview a condidate don't give false expectations.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions. panel interview by phone caused the most difficulty.   Answer Question