Honeywell Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 17, 2017

3.1

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Asked me generic questions then rejected me without notification. This process repeated with 2 HR representatives and 1 senior HR (the name I still remember). In my phone interview with the senior HR, she said that my expectation was too high as my current salary was low. Eventually, I said I could accept a lower salary after which she hung up on me. Needless to say that I will not be considering Honeywell now or in future. Hopefully the company crashes and burns like Nokia.

Interview Questions

• Your expectation is too high though I am an intern. It made no sense to me. Eventually I was offered a much higher salary at an oil company.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

First there was a scheduling of initial phone interview. It was a conference call with senior engineers and management asking mostly behavior questions. Skype interview followed, talked about Honeywell mostly. This interview was laid back, most are not going to be like this. My guess is the position needed to be filled.

Engineer Interview

Interview

First meet was at a career fair and recruiters were not that nice. Did not offer you full attention either. Awful experience, people were rude, did not thoroughly explain process

Interview Questions

• Do you know anyone who works here? We do not hire people with connections   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. A couple of days later, I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone screening interview. The interview was completely automated. No human at the other end. It was a very cold and mechanical experience. The recruiter has not responded to several emails.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Honeywell?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Excellent! Quick turnaround time to offer. They spent tune helping me understand culture people and processes. I would recommend to everyone who is interested in Honeywell. The benefits were also shared which gave me a better perspective of what to expect before I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a phone interview for an industrial engineering internship. I was interviewed by two people, very relaxed interviewing method, focused mainly on questions regarding group work and some personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where a project didn't go as planned. How did you and your group react to the problem?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell in October 2016.

Interview

They e-mailed me asking me if I was available on Friday and I agreed. I showed up and I was taken to a small conference room with two other engineers where they first had a pack of white sheets. Each sheet had a question. Most of it was behavioral but afterwards, it was technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had unclear or insufficient instructions and the professor/manager was out of contact.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through university job fair. Only two rounds. All mainly behavioral questions. First interview was with two Honeywell reps that were very friendly. They read of a packet of questions. Second interview was a tour + panel interview with 5 engineering leads. Some questions were the same as first interview. Non technical questions, mainly about leadership, situational, and thinking questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Provo, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

At the beginning, the interviewer explained the interview process. We began with a review of my resume, and then I was asked about my educational experience. Next, I was asked some behavioral-style questions. Lastly, the interviewer described what the timetable looked like as far as an offer was concerned. The interview lasted about 40-45 minutes in total.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

the process took 3 weeks, I applied through a employee refer,
    1. hr interview
    2. manager interview
    3. technical interview
    4. hr screen
    remember that they don't sponsor any visa, and most of the project require clearance

Interview Questions

• different between process and thread
      what you learn in your master study, what's your project   Answer Question