Honeywell Interview Questions in Golden Valley, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

It was simple and easy. The interview lasted 15 minutes. HR interviewed me was late. It seems like HR wanted to get through the interview quick. I had no issues with the questions that HR was asking. It was a comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR representative, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Scheduled an onsite interview, met with an engineer and the manager. One last phone interview with HR manager and an offer within a few days.

Basic questions about resume, previous work experience, technical test to see how you react under pressure, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what your previous job description entailed.   Answer Question

Program Planning and Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter a week later. I had my initial phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. Two days after my phone interview I received a call to have an in person interview with the Senior HR Manager, team members, and the hiring manager. The following week I met with these individuals. Overall the interview lasted about three hours. They asked a lot of the same behavioral questions and provided information about the job itself. It was a very positive and friendly interview process!

Interview Questions

• Basic Behavioral questions... Tell me a time when you had a difficult work project, a co-worker that you had conflict with etc....   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate to the maximum offer given my previous work experience.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Nothing very formal. I talked with some people at my school's career fair from Honeywell and about a week later I got a call from their recruiter asking if I wanted to come in for an interview. There were six of us candidates and we had six 30 minute interviews back-to-back for 3 hours straight. All the interviews were 1:1. It was tiring and repetitive, which made it difficult but the questions were not so hard.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about what I knew about Honeywell and why I was interested in it   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN).

Interview

Applied for a permanent position, but it turned out to be a temp to hire position. Transition from temp to hire was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were very common across the board, and nothing out of the ordinary. Interview was a panel interview and went very smooth. Very relaxed, and easy to communicate with the panel.   Answer Question

Intern Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied through college/university. They contacted me within two days to inform me that I had an interview. I met with two managers and that was the only part of the interview. They asked a wide range of questions from hobbies to how I would go about the design of a new system.

Interview Questions

• Asking me how I would go about creating a new system from scratch. The question was very open ended.   Answer Question

Demand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in November 2010.

Interview

Thorough process of skills interviewing; I had 4 one-on-ones with 4 senior team players. It is very important to present what your achievements have been before and your role and input to previous projects.

I like the company and people I work with. No regrets

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in September 2010.

Interview

Panel interview for 1 hour with 4 people. Interview was fairly standard -- mainly asked about my previous experience as it related to the job opening. At then end of the interview they gave you a test on basic engineering skills -- such as cantilever beams and flow rate. They had three problems on paper and sat and watched you while you tried to solve them. They weren't overly difficult problems -- seemed like more of a pressure test to see how you did with 4 people staring at you while you tried to think.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

Initial communication was friendly. interviewed with 3 Managers, Supervisors and controllers, besides tests for background, urine, IQ, personality, credit ck and drivers record. Bonuses are non existent to Salaried paid Accountants and Analysts, not to mention lower level employees. Better pay and iincentives are desparately needed to motivate and keep talent. Merit raises are almost non existent for positions under mgmt levels, and outcome always seems to be "AVG" year after year, no matter how hard you work, or the long hours you put in. When hired, the implied message was that there is much room to move up the corporate ladder, but in reality you are stuck in the position you were hired in, and are rarely allowed to advance upward or receive bonuses and incentives along with upper manangement, even with advanced education. The CEO and upper eschelons of the company make exponentially more in comparison to the average Professional salaried worker.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Honeywell did not keep their negotiated side of the deal.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in August 2008.

Interview

Interview Process was with two large groups of 8 people each. Friendly, informative. HR hiring was recently outsourced and company providing this was not up to full speed on the benefits. Ended up getting short changed as they advised certain things that were not true in the end.

Interview Questions

• Can Lean Six Sigma be taken too far?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was where it got muddy in regards to benefits. It's very difficult to compare companies on these points and the new outsourced hiring HR group did not know the information well enough, misleading