Honeywell Human Resources Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.5

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with corporate recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager. Third step was on-site interview with hiring manager and three HR peers. Normal behavioral questions. All staff that I spoke to were very welcoming and made me feel at ease. I was very excited about the job and got a verbal offer the next day, but unfortunately a hiring freeze was implemented for certain support roles (including HR) after the verbal offer but before it was extended in writing. Overall it was a good experience and the hiring manager handled the situation with professionalism and candor.

Interview Questions

• If you could learn a new skill/area of HR practice, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone screenings are impersonal at best. Don't expect any closure if you aren't selected....you won't get any information.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical but the attention span of the interviewer varied   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an agency who connected me with Honeywell. The position did not include relocation and I was very clear and up front with the agency about not being interested in the job unless Honeywell was going to put up some relocation. The agency person followed up with me and said he talked to Honeywell and they still wanted to talk to be and would see what they could do about relocation. Talked to the recruiter all through Email which was my choice due to my current work load to set up the phone interview. The recruiter did attempt to call and was very resposive to my email's got back to me within 24hrs and gave me a list of day and times for the phone interview which was very accomodating. In my email's I again let hte recruiter know that relocation would be necessary and she told me the manager would still like to talk to me. I had a phone interveiw with the manger. It was extremely basic, tell me about your career history. I was embarassed for the HR Director, this was not a very professional phone interview and he really didn't seem interested. At the end of the interview he said I understand you need relocation and the job doesn't have relocation. This is just not professional and wasted my time. #1 I was not looking they reached out to me. #2 I told them 3 times and used the words I don't want to waste your time because I am not interested if you are not willing to relocate. #3 Three weeks after a phone screen is too long to follow-up with someone. Honeywell is a billion dollar company and the fact it was more important to save $120,000 on a full relocation package shows that they are really not interested in having the best talent or they have serious budget issues. I find all this disturbing for a company that is trying to be an industry leader. I would suggest people do a lot of research and talk to someone on the inside before interviewing or going to Honeywell. They did how erver give me a ball park salary range of $120,000 to $150,000. I hop this helps.

Interview Questions

• Please go thought and give me a run down of your work expierience.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Being an HR Professional I never been part of such an unprofessional process so I believe this needs to be highlighted so a global brand such as Honeywell is aware and hope they can fix. It's a very good example how one individual especially from your HR department can easily damage your employer branding.
    I was approached by one of Honeywell Recruiters with a JD and been asked to schedule a phone interview. After the interview is arranged and confirmed , I received a last minute e-mail to postpone it to next day. And I confirmed. Then there was no reply, no phone call nothing. I tried to follow up and been ignored with no replies to my messages, called and been told I would receive an e-mail to reschedule which never happened. So no interview took place, they never cancelled, apologized, updated, just ignored like a young teenager would do to a friend but never a professional.

Then I received through a headhunter agency another position to discuss and I immediately said no thank you! If this is how you treat your candidates I would not look forward to be part of your HR team.
    I still hope this is just the attitude of one individual and not how the company treats the candidates overall

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell in January 2010.

Interview

Applications for these positions are accepted at any time during the year. The Department hires too many people into these positions to do a one time recruitment for each, so a list of qualified applicants is created that is accessible to hiring managers statewide at any time as need arises. Follow the directions and submit the appropriate documents for consideration. If you are qualified for the position, your name will be added to the list and be made available for interviews.