Honeywell Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Honeywell Intern Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2017

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Got an interview through conference. First was a phone interview, more like a pre-screening. The second was a behavioral interview on the day of the conference with an engineer from the Arizona branch of Honeywell

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a lot of tasks in your hand and how did you manage them?
    Questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Expected STAR response, mostly behavioral questions. I was not asked about my technical skills. There were two men who interviewed me, each asked for a resume (so be prepared to have copies to give to them). If you do well for this interview, they ask you to go to a group interview at the Honeywell location you would be working at.
    I had a mandatory meeting with research mentors at Boeing the day of their next stage interview, and that turned them off. They will not reschedule for you. Unlucky on my part since I did not get the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Name a time you had to use communication to solve a problem.
      What was one time you took a huge risk. What was the outcome?
      Ask about your resume qualifications, what you think was the hardest in terms of multitasking and juggling academics and research/ECs.
      What is your greatest strength and weakness?
      Do you have any questions for us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Austin, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I showed up at the career fair for NSBE 2017. Their booth is the prescreening process which they ask why rockwell, tell me about your specialities. They scheduled an interview an hour level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a creative solution that you came up with for a challenging problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Was pretty standard, submitted resume, 1 interview with direct manager. Submitted a writing sample. We talked about my education, career objectives, skills, work responsibilities. I also toured the technology center. Very positive experience that made me want to be part of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Met through my university. After short review of resume was offered an interview a week later. Met the recruiter on campus and had an interview, average interview talked about my personal experience then work history. Asked about my knowledge of excel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a work situation where you had to use analytical skills.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Honeywell (Tucson, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Went over basic Honeywell developments and then talked about my resume and what I have done. I was asked how I would communicate to people if it wasn't face to face.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite class? What's your least favorite class? Why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for brief background information. HR generalist. Easy. Next is onsite with hiring managers. There are usually 2 in the career center room of the university who go over general business acumen questions. they are trying to get a feel of cultural fit and intellectual competency. Final round is on site with a large group passing you around to get a feel which team you would be best suited for, and they would argue for you to be on their team.

Interview Questions

• If you were the leader of a team what would you do to be successful?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

They contacted me after a career fair and interviewed me on campus the next day. Most of their questions are behavioral, and assess how you perform or approach different situations or challenges. The questions themselves are easy, not meant to trip you up or surprise you, but they definitely test how much you know about the company and why you want this position more than others.

The last question is a simulation, wherein they present a situation to you and you have to persuade the interviewers.

Make sure you can respond using the STAR method with specific examples of how you've handled various situations in a successful manner. Keep your answers between 1-2 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you communicate with people for whom English is not their first language?   Answer Question
    • Walk us through your resume.   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you over other candidates for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR representative, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Scheduled an onsite interview, met with an engineer and the manager. One last phone interview with HR manager and an offer within a few days.

Basic questions about resume, previous work experience, technical test to see how you react under pressure, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what your previous job description entailed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one in person. Both phone call interviews were very relaxed - informed me about the position, and spoke about my skills/experience. In person I spoke with three Honeywell engineers - they accessed my abilities and informed me about expected qualifications.