Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

408 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus. Had an online skype interview with two employees which was pleasant. Instead of just being kind and saying they were not interested, they did not give me a conclusion. I was communicating with the recruiter for several months after the interview. I just asked for a deadline for when I'd know the result by. They gave me a deadline, but then never said anything.

I just think it would be the right thing to do to tell your candidates they're out of the running after making the decision. It'd save a lot of time.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Asked me generic questions then rejected me without notification. This process repeated with 2 HR representatives and 1 senior HR (the name I still remember). In my phone interview with the senior HR, she said that my expectation was too high as my current salary was low. Eventually, I said I could accept a lower salary after which she hung up on me. Needless to say that I will not be considering Honeywell now or in future. Hopefully the company crashes and burns like Nokia.

Interview Questions

• Your expectation is too high though I am an intern. It made no sense to me. Eventually I was offered a much higher salary at an oil company.   1 Answer

Senior Embedded Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a lengthy phone interview. It went well and was asked to come in for a face-to-face. had to take some PTO time from work to do so, but felt it was worth it. In retrospect I should have not gone.
    I felt not one person had a copy of or had even looked at my resume prior to walking into the room. I had to give both the first person and the other two engineers copies. No one asked me anything about past projects I have worked on, etc. First interviewer asked about my background and i gave him the overall (5000 foot view) of what i have done in the past 23 years, but we only had like 20-30 minutes total time before he headed off to another meeting. (This was the person I was supposed to spend 2-3 hours with one the interview schedule). The other two never even bothered to ask anything about my past projects or my open source projects. They were just there to administer the test.

They gave me a coding challenge that ate up most of the time (1.5 hours plus). It was not even remotely applicable to what I have done in the past (XML based challenge and I am an embedded guy). The two that gave it to me looked like fresh grads, I have probably been coding longer than they have been alive (23+ years). they never asked about my past experience, etc.

To be honest the whole interview process (face-to-face) was insulting and gave me the impression that they were not prepared. The interview schedule was meet with HR first then 2+ hours with another person. Ended up not meeting with HR until the end, met with the person on the schedule for 20-30 minutes, very unprofessional.

My advice: Steer clear of the new Honeywell IoT center in Atlanta..

Interview Questions

• Never asked any real questions. Got the feeling they never looked at resume.
      only asked the standard tell me about yourself..   1 Answer

Qualification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick on campus interview that I got through career fair at my school. I was called into an interview but wasn't explicitly told what the position was for. Ended up mucking it up a bit because of that, but I'm sure I could have found out more about it had I asked around.

Interview Questions

• Mostly none technical questions regarding what my character and drive's like.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Face to Face with senior manager

- Tell us your biggest weakness and how you wish to improve it
    - Time you had to work in a group setting
    - Time you had to work with someone difficult and how you overcame them
    - What is your biggest strength

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Got an interview through conference. First was a phone interview, more like a pre-screening. The second was a behavioral interview on the day of the conference with an engineer from the Arizona branch of Honeywell

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a lot of tasks in your hand and how did you manage them?
      Questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Interview

Very good place to work ,great benefits ,and people to work with and for.very welcoming nice people professional,courtious.good questions on how to handle yourself ,the atmosphere what they expect from you and themselves.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Interview

I was called in for an interview after applying online. The interviewer or HR never followed up with me or responded to emails to check on the status weeks after despite telling me I would hear from them. This is extremely unprofessional. If a candidate takes the time to interview with you, you can write an email back.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

I dropped my resume in the career fair, and I got email feedback 2days later. I scheduled a phone interview about one week later. But after that, I only get an auto-email and I don't know what's the next step .

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Honeywell (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I intervoewsbwith honeywell at GHC where they utilised pair programming. The entire process was poorly thought out. I ended up explaining that 4+6 equalled 10 to my partner rather than being able to make any progress towards solving the problem.

Interview Questions

• Given two Roman numeral strings (ie. "XVI" and "VI"), output the sum of these as a Roman numeral (in this case, XXII)   Answer Question