Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,201 Interview Reviews

2.9

1,201 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Behavioral based questions. Good interview questions - starts off with many canned questions then opens up to more behavioral (STAR) type questions. Interviewer was professional but could tell he/she was off shore somewhere and not totally familiar with the role I was applying to .

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus. Had an online skype interview with two employees which was pleasant. Instead of just being kind and saying they were not interested, they did not give me a conclusion. I was communicating with the recruiter for several months after the interview. I just asked for a deadline for when I'd know the result by. They gave me a deadline, but then never said anything.

I just think it would be the right thing to do to tell your candidates they're out of the running after making the decision. It'd save a lot of time.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process began with an initial email to schedule a phone interview. I interviewed with a few different managers and then they informed me that I would hear from them soon. I later got a phone call from my manager who then offered me a position. The process was very easy and enjoyable!

Interview Questions

• What is one project you have worked on and issues you've had with the team and how you overcame it   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell in August 2017.

Interview

I had a digital interview through Montage. I was asked 10 questions and provided time to answer. The problem is that I did not know how much time I had to answer so I found myself rushing. I've done this before and had 2 minutes. I do not like these. You have no "clues" to go from vs. speaking with someone. Did I answer the question completely enough? I also did not know how many questions were going to be asked to allot the time required. These improvements would be appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary range?   1 Answer
    • Introduce myself and say why I am a match for the position.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Honeywell and why are you interested in this role?   Answer Question
    • Did you apply for any other roles?   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of solving a conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last employer?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Asked me generic questions then rejected me without notification. This process repeated with 2 HR representatives and 1 senior HR (the name I still remember). In my phone interview with the senior HR, she said that my expectation was too high as my current salary was low. Eventually, I said I could accept a lower salary after which she hung up on me. Needless to say that I will not be considering Honeywell now or in future. Hopefully the company crashes and burns like Nokia.

Interview Questions

• Your expectation is too high though I am an intern. It made no sense to me. Eventually I was offered a much higher salary at an oil company.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

First, a recruiter interviewed me by phone for 20 mins and referred me to a hiring manager. Then the hiring manager interviewed me by phone for 30 mins. Last I was invited to an on site panel interview that lasted 3 hours.

Senior Embedded Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a lengthy phone interview. It went well and was asked to come in for a face-to-face. had to take some PTO time from work to do so, but felt it was worth it. In retrospect I should have not gone.
    I felt not one person had a copy of or had even looked at my resume prior to walking into the room. I had to give both the first person and the other two engineers copies. No one asked me anything about past projects I have worked on, etc. First interviewer asked about my background and i gave him the overall (5000 foot view) of what i have done in the past 23 years, but we only had like 20-30 minutes total time before he headed off to another meeting. (This was the person I was supposed to spend 2-3 hours with one the interview schedule). The other two never even bothered to ask anything about my past projects or my open source projects. They were just there to administer the test.

They gave me a coding challenge that ate up most of the time (1.5 hours plus). It was not even remotely applicable to what I have done in the past (XML based challenge and I am an embedded guy). The two that gave it to me looked like fresh grads, I have probably been coding longer than they have been alive (23+ years). they never asked about my past experience, etc.

To be honest the whole interview process (face-to-face) was insulting and gave me the impression that they were not prepared. The interview schedule was meet with HR first then 2+ hours with another person. Ended up not meeting with HR until the end, met with the person on the schedule for 20-30 minutes, very unprofessional.

My advice: Steer clear of the new Honeywell IoT center in Atlanta..

Interview Questions

• Never asked any real questions. Got the feeling they never looked at resume.
      only asked the standard tell me about yourself..   1 Answer

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Honeywell (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by several executives, included the President, Technical Manager, Sales Director and HR Manager. Tests included techical knowledge, commercial skills, language proficiency, and personality survey. The first interview was over the telephone, by the current sales director for Latin America. The main interview was in person, in California.

Interview Questions

• They asked techical questions, like, What is SpreadNet   1 Answer

Future Finance Leaders Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Campus interview following a pre-interview dinner with the other candidates. Following that, I was invited to visit Honeywell for lunch and two additional interviews. All staff were very friendly and supportive.

Interview Questions

• There were a number of accounting-focused questions, including journal entries and basics on financial statements.   Answer Question

Qualification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick on campus interview that I got through career fair at my school. I was called into an interview but wasn't explicitly told what the position was for. Ended up mucking it up a bit because of that, but I'm sure I could have found out more about it had I asked around.

Interview Questions

• Mostly none technical questions regarding what my character and drive's like.   1 Answer