Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017
1,041 Interview Reviews

2.9

Director - IT Security Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Honeywell outsourced (at least in 2016/17) their recruiting process to a 3rd party vendor. 2 weeks after I applied, I got a call from this vendor to setup an initial appt. The first interview was basic HR screening, leadership/management style, etc. Nothing tough, just routine stuff.

Then they setup a meeting with the hiring manager. It started well, but 10 minutes into the job, we both realized that THERE WAS A HUGE DISCONNECT BETWEEN THE JOB DESCRIPTION THAT WAS POSTED, THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE HIRING MANAGER AND MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE JOB THAT I THOUGHT I WANTED TO GET INTO.

No doubt, this was the most awkward interview ever. The manager was quite apologetic, but was also in a hurry to end the interview (who wouldn't be). I never got a call back from the hiring manager or the HR vendor again, and I would have said no thank you even if they had called.

I have been in the IT industry for 20+ years and this was the craziest interview experience ever. Hope you applicants have better luck. Maybe you should confirm with *everyone* involved to make sure everyone is on the same page w/r/t the job description, roles and responsibilities, etc. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Like I said above, the actual interview questions were not related to the job description or position at all. Think of the question(s) as "How would you land a plane during a thunderstorm with one engine on fire". My answer was 'I am not a pilot, and I have no idea why you want me to answer this because I never said I was a pilot". I made sure to confirm with the interviewer if this was a trick question that was meant to evaluate my ability to think on my feet. After 2 or 3 questions like this we both realized that something was wrong with the process.   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

The Gentlemen I spoke to were very Approachable, yet professional. After answering all their questions carefully and correctly, I was given a vague question that was set up to fail.

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell (Foster City, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Excellent use of time, with information, has be a helpful tool in servicing the client. Honeywell is the base of many of the top Fire Alarm panel operating system. Notifier, Firelite, Gamewell, Harrington, and others. with that broad of a platform success is a given.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Nice discussion with the talented panel. Provide correct answer or solution if we are wrong.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

Met with so many people for the review process. Felt like I was being grilled all the time. The interview process was so long and I was made to come back so many times. I almost did not want the position because the manager kept saying one more interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No this was the final offer.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

2 Phone interviews followed up by an on site interview - 4 folks were present during the interview - 3 for software testing, 1 for a possible job as software engineer. They were looking to fill one spot for test group that was expected to last 1 year for deployment of new hardware. I did enjoy the interview, while the questions were hard; I had the background to cover the bases.

Interview Questions

• Real mixed bag of test questions; many were out of scope of the original job description about the use of various things like use of a O'scope - RF questions and such. I did have a background in most of the areas that they were interested in. The odd thing was there was very little about real testing in the interview process.   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (New Delhi (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

It was well organized and technical competency was checked rigorously.
    The company checked whether our future goals, career aspirations are aligned with theirs or not which was makes everyone's expectation clear

Interview Questions

• Its always difficult to answer and explain about your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much as I was eager to join the brand - it was only the beginning of my career

Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

-Telephonic

-Video Conferencing

- Panel Discussion

- F2F interview

Interview Questions

• How would you rate a real attitude of a person   1 Answer

Negotiation

Try to negotiate as much as possible.

Senior Document Control - Calgary AB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied on line for this job which was advertised within many online job sites. Received an email a week later ending to request a scheduled time that would be available for a 45 minute phone interview and get this - by a Staffing Agency Recruiter in Ontario on behalf of Honeywell. There had been no mention in the job ad of a staffing agency recruiter being involved within this job application process.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Quick interview process. Friendly and proffessional. Enjoyed all of it. Behavioral interview technique