Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,201 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Embedded Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a lengthy phone interview. It went well and was asked to come in for a face-to-face. had to take some PTO time from work to do so, but felt it was worth it. In retrospect I should have not gone.
    I felt not one person had a copy of or had even looked at my resume prior to walking into the room. I had to give both the first person and the other two engineers copies. No one asked me anything about past projects I have worked on, etc. First interviewer asked about my background and i gave him the overall (5000 foot view) of what i have done in the past 23 years, but we only had like 20-30 minutes total time before he headed off to another meeting. (This was the person I was supposed to spend 2-3 hours with one the interview schedule). The other two never even bothered to ask anything about my past projects or my open source projects. They were just there to administer the test.

They gave me a coding challenge that ate up most of the time (1.5 hours plus). It was not even remotely applicable to what I have done in the past (XML based challenge and I am an embedded guy). The two that gave it to me looked like fresh grads, I have probably been coding longer than they have been alive (23+ years). they never asked about my past experience, etc.

To be honest the whole interview process (face-to-face) was insulting and gave me the impression that they were not prepared. The interview schedule was meet with HR first then 2+ hours with another person. Ended up not meeting with HR until the end, met with the person on the schedule for 20-30 minutes, very unprofessional.

My advice: Steer clear of the new Honeywell IoT center in Atlanta..

Interview Questions

• Never asked any real questions. Got the feeling they never looked at resume.
      only asked the standard tell me about yourself..   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Asked me generic questions then rejected me without notification. This process repeated with 2 HR representatives and 1 senior HR (the name I still remember). In my phone interview with the senior HR, she said that my expectation was too high as my current salary was low. Eventually, I said I could accept a lower salary after which she hung up on me. Needless to say that I will not be considering Honeywell now or in future. Hopefully the company crashes and burns like Nokia.

Interview Questions

• Your expectation is too high though I am an intern. It made no sense to me. Eventually I was offered a much higher salary at an oil company.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

Online Application, 2 weeks later phone interview with outsourced Talent Acquisition team. I was told I’d hear back in 24-48 hours- didn’t happen. Followed up again 1 week later- nothing. Draw your own conclusion. 18 years of union HR Manufacturing and I concluded I’m “ over qualified”. Bad PR, I’ll never apply again.

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Honeywell (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

The first step is a phone interview. Then you will be called to set a date for a face to face. While in the interview you are faced with a panel of 3 people (typically a group leader and two supervsors). Then you will be asked a series of 4 questions based on the 8 honeywell behaviors. You are expected to answer the questions using the S.T.A.R. method (Situation.Task, Action, Result). You are then graded on a scale of 1-5 on each question. 1 is very bad and 5 is exceptional. After the 4 questions are asked you are finished.

Interview Questions

• This is the most typical question asked.
      Give me an exapmple when a supervisor or someone of a higher authority asked you to do something you did not feel was right. What was the situation and how did you respond   1 Answer

Director - IT Security Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Honeywell outsourced (at least in 2016/17) their recruiting process to a 3rd party vendor. 2 weeks after I applied, I got a call from this vendor to setup an initial appt. The first interview was basic HR screening, leadership/management style, etc. Nothing tough, just routine stuff.

Then they setup a meeting with the hiring manager. It started well, but 10 minutes into the job, we both realized that THERE WAS A HUGE DISCONNECT BETWEEN THE JOB DESCRIPTION THAT WAS POSTED, THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE HIRING MANAGER AND MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE JOB THAT I THOUGHT I WANTED TO GET INTO.

No doubt, this was the most awkward interview ever. The manager was quite apologetic, but was also in a hurry to end the interview (who wouldn't be). I never got a call back from the hiring manager or the HR vendor again, and I would have said no thank you even if they had called.

I have been in the IT industry for 20+ years and this was the craziest interview experience ever. Hope you applicants have better luck. Maybe you should confirm with *everyone* involved to make sure everyone is on the same page w/r/t the job description, roles and responsibilities, etc. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Like I said above, the actual interview questions were not related to the job description or position at all. Think of the question(s) as "How would you land a plane during a thunderstorm with one engine on fire". My answer was 'I am not a pilot, and I have no idea why you want me to answer this because I never said I was a pilot". I made sure to confirm with the interviewer if this was a trick question that was meant to evaluate my ability to think on my feet. After 2 or 3 questions like this we both realized that something was wrong with the process.   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

The Gentlemen I spoke to were very Approachable, yet professional. After answering all their questions carefully and correctly, I was given a vague question that was set up to fail.

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell (Foster City, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Excellent use of time, with information, has be a helpful tool in servicing the client. Honeywell is the base of many of the top Fire Alarm panel operating system. Notifier, Firelite, Gamewell, Harrington, and others. with that broad of a platform success is a given.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Nice discussion with the talented panel. Provide correct answer or solution if we are wrong.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

Met with so many people for the review process. Felt like I was being grilled all the time. The interview process was so long and I was made to come back so many times. I almost did not want the position because the manager kept saying one more interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No this was the final offer.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

2 Phone interviews followed up by an on site interview - 4 folks were present during the interview - 3 for software testing, 1 for a possible job as software engineer. They were looking to fill one spot for test group that was expected to last 1 year for deployment of new hardware. I did enjoy the interview, while the questions were hard; I had the background to cover the bases.

Interview Questions

• Real mixed bag of test questions; many were out of scope of the original job description about the use of various things like use of a O'scope - RF questions and such. I did have a background in most of the areas that they were interested in. The odd thing was there was very little about real testing in the interview process.   1 Answer