Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017
1,109 Interview Reviews

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

30 minute, behavioral based interview. It was a very relaxed interview, more of a conversation than a serious interview. One day response time to be invited for a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to influence someone's decision but didn't have a lot of data to back up your decision.   Answer Question

Senior ISC Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Process was OK. They need a lot of supervisors..so much that the value stream manager (hiring manage) is still serving as a supervisor plus is new job. He was pleasant and accommodating but I could see that he was in great need of help in the form of supervisors.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral....using the STAR format, tell me about a time when you had to think outside the box   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Honeywell (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Went to Honeywell booth at an on-site at job fair. Talked to recruiter, introduced myself, he took a quick interview and then was selected for a real on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had difficult team members.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Honeywell (Geneva, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. I got a call if i would be interested in a position and if so to apply. I applied two weeks later i had a phone interview questions on why i was interested and whether i could commit. I had the opportunity to fly out to the facility and took a tour and had my second interview with the engineering director.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, tell me of past experiences that demonstrate specific skills   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a short phone interview with the recruiter to verify my interest and experience and then a longer phone interview with a couple members of the team I'm joining. I was then brought in a month or so later for an on-site interview with the group.

Interview Questions

• I was asked of a task that I had failed at or had major difficulty with and what I learned from it. Not an unexpected question though.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell in July 2017.

Interview

Very Professional Interview Process. Video Interview, HR Phone Screen, 3 Phone interviews with supervisor and the VP of sales for the group, & 1 In person Interview. One issue with the process was it took very long from my offer to when onboarding specialist reached out to me.

Interview Questions

• Video Interview was new and great way to screen sales candidates   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to overcome a objection from a customer. How did you handle it   Answer Question

Event and Trade Show Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

First phone interview I was asked typical interview questions. I was in contact by a Ranstad employee after submitting my application. I was given clear directions and how to get on the conference call and it went smoothly. Everyone was very nice and it went very well. I have a second interview coming up.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experiences that relate to this position   Answer Question

Service and Repair Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

They called at 8 PM, which I couldn't answer since I was at work, to setup a phone interview. I called in the morning and lady said she was on the road and would call me back in an hour to setup a phone interview that day. She never bothered to call me back. Yet another unprofessional person in Houston area.

Interview Questions

• None were asked since they are incompetent at doing what they said would do.   Answer Question

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Applied on a Friday via Honeywell's website. The following Tuesday, I received an email from a third-party although she had an @honeywell.com email address. The email explained this phone screen/interview through Montage. Essentially, you will hear pre-recorded questions and you'll record your response. Then the responses from all applicants are reviewed by someone. I received an email with the link to the interview system.

It was all very off-putting because it was very impersonal. I've never felt more like a number than during this process.

There are some "resources" on the landing page for the interview system. The "resource" videos were short and informative, but featured a very stiff actress. This only reinforced that everything seems a little TOO robotic.

The phone system interview was incredibly frustrating. Phone interviews are already challenging because you cannot read body language. It's even more frustrating when you're not even speaking to a real person. The recorded question plays, then you have a few seconds to think about your response and then you have 10 seconds to respond.

There was also no opportunity to record questions for the reviewer. The "talent sourcer" was also not very forthcoming.

I received notification a few hours later that I did not advance. I was not surprised because the entire process was beyond impersonal. I would've rather the ATS reject me than that recorded interview system.

Although it's great to see a company use innovative solutions, it's disheartening and disappointing that they'd use it as the first introduction for prospective employees. What does that say about the company culture?

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I started with a automated phone interview. After that, HR called me and facilitated a conversation with the hiring manager. The next step was to have a phone interview/conference call with the hiring manager's peers. After that, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager's boss. When that was all completed, they brought me in and I had to interview with everyone again in person.

Interview Questions

• They gave me some scenarios and asked me how I would handle the situation.   Answer Question