Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

After my resume was submitted by the recruiter, about a couple days later my interview was scheduled. During the interview I was a little withdrawn because the night before I had a major family emergency. The interview took about an hour. 30 minutes interview, 30 minutes tour of plant. The first five minutes, the two interviewers talked about their facility and also brought along a view of the products they're currently working on (when I first saw them I got really nervous). Then I was asked to tell them about myself. They asked about 3-4 technical and 3-4 behavioral questions. I usually interpreted the question in my own words then asked if that was what they were looking for then answered the question. I didn't answer the first question (about ensuring the quality of a product) because I honestly had no idea.
    I am a recent graduate from University of Minesota with bachelors degree in Mech E for reference. This will be my first job. I interned with 3M for about 3 years before that. I also got the job less than a month after graduation. I tried to include as many examples as possible. The tour was fun but also very brief like the interview part which is great. But for my case they were interviewing a bunch of people to fill 10 new positions so maybe that's why. I dressed professional and I was honest. My hair was in a bun and I wore covered shoes. I also prepared for the interview like I do for exams. I did major research of the company. I created ppt files to help me prepare for my interview. I start in about a week which is about 2 weeks after I got the offer. Pay is also great for my first job.

Quality Control Laboratory Technician Interview

Interview

Phone interview for HR screenings followed by an in person interview with HR, hiring manager, and one would be coworker (same level different shift). Laid back question and answer interview, in depth tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Mostly was questions about experience with different equipment they use.   Answer Question

Took another job with better pay.

Engine Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Greer, SC).

Interview

At the time in 2003, It was a panel board of peers! asking technical questions about the product that we would be building! They ask several technical questions and personality questions!

Interview Questions

• How does the turbine engine work?   1 Answer

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was awesome guaranteed company you want to work for if your just starting in the field. They will ask serious questions about your knowledge in the field so don't think your going to be slick about it. They will ask.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have in the field? If any?   Answer Question
    • What are some long term goals of yours you'd like to accomplish?   Answer Question

Product Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (East Lansing, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Very different than the standard behavioral interview. Dealt more with thought process and reasoning and found that to be much more pleasant. Very laid back while still being concise. One on One setting where I didn't feel forced into a specific direction and was able to come to my own conclusions.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell in January 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager was 15 minutes late to call for the phone interview due to recruiter mis-communication. Hiring Manager was very apologetic and interview went well. The positon was not to my liking, so I declined.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Honeywell (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was an Online interview through hirevue. The questions are prerecorded and you have 2 trys to answer and record each question. The process took about 40 muniutes. Phone or laptop with camera required.

Interview Questions

• Why I was a good match? Recording the answer through hirevue (camera required)   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a phone interview for an industrial engineering internship. I was interviewed by two people, very relaxed interviewing method, focused mainly on questions regarding group work and some personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where a project didn't go as planned. How did you and your group react to the problem?   Answer Question

Electronic Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty easy, asked about experience and knowledge with ESD, electric parts, manufacturing. Also, dealing with coworkers, persons who use English as a second language. Lastly, what can you bring to the team?

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed online and HR called to go over resume. Spoke with hiring manager and told me immediately he would love to set up a plant interview. STAR questions as well as technical questions were asked