Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,058 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to do what they call an "interview on demand." This basically consisted of recording answers to questions via a telephone call.

A couple of weeks later, they asked me to do two phone interviews with two separate people. The first lasted about 45 minutes; the second was scheduled for a Friday afternoon, but the interviewer needed to reschedule at the last minute.

We pushed it back to early the following week, or at least that's what I thought. The second interviewer never called me, and when I reached out to her and my HR contact, I received no response.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with corporate recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager. Third step was on-site interview with hiring manager and three HR peers. Normal behavioral questions. All staff that I spoke to were very welcoming and made me feel at ease. I was very excited about the job and got a verbal offer the next day, but unfortunately a hiring freeze was implemented for certain support roles (including HR) after the verbal offer but before it was extended in writing. Overall it was a good experience and the hiring manager handled the situation with professionalism and candor.

Interview Questions

• If you could learn a new skill/area of HR practice, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Senior Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Des Plaines, IL).

Interview

Met several people, not more than ten to fifteen minutes at a time. The human resource person I met with I never saw again because they started outsourcing like everything else they outsource.

Interview Questions

• Vague all of it. Not one person asked the same question twice it was very uninformative.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

I passed first round, which was an at home evaluation. I was contacted by recruiter the next day, they said that they needed my information for the "hiring event" happening next week. They sent my info to HR and then never heard back after that. Kinda confusing what happened but I guess I just got rejected without any notice.

Interview Questions

• They ask you why you want to work here, what can you contribute?   2 Answers

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Excellent! Quick turnaround time to offer. They spent tune helping me understand culture people and processes. I would recommend to everyone who is interested in Honeywell. The benefits were also shared which gave me a better perspective of what to expect before I accepted.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I was a transition employee from another company that was a subcontractor. The subcontract was not renewed and HTSI hired most of us over directly. My interviewers had known me for years, but had no idea what I was doing (even though it often supported or paralleled their work). They had no authority (or desire to seek the authority) to actually classify my job at a higher level than the one arbitrarily chosen by their boss, who was clueless about what I did since I worked on the customer's site with other HTSI employees.

Sales Interview

Interview

After applying process took about 4 months. Received numerous phone interviews, one on demand interview, a face to face, then a online panel interview. After panel interview offer was made and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer objected to the sale because of price and how you overcame the objection.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

1st round is online test through HireVue, and then got invite for the hackathon at Georgia. our Hackathon is a 2-hour coding challenge followed by a technical and behavioral interview. the next day got a call saying that I have been selected to the final round which is a 45 minutes technical and behavioral round. the next week received a call saying that I performed well in the interview but couldn't consider me since I have less experience (I have 3+ in my resume).
    This hackathon is common screening for all levels, few experienced people along with us and none of the experienced could clear the hackathon. I along with other 3 or 4 guys of similar experience could clear it. I don't understand why experience matters even though we are skilled enough to compete with experienced guys. It's really a bad experience with Honeywell. I didn't expect a Fortune 500 company would treat like this.

Interview Questions

• evaluate an expression following BODMAS rules   8 Answers

Senior Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

As a highly skilled, well-accomplished professional, this was probably the worst interview experience of my career.

A recruiter contacted me over the phone and quoted a particular salary band. In less than two hours, he contacted me back stating this employer had reduced the range by $21,000/annually. Despite the bait and switch, I still was interested in the role and what it offered.

Was then scheduled for an interview. The recruiter botched the time zone (despite asking four times to verify), which meant I showed up three hours early. No problem...adapt and overcome. I came back at the appointed time, yet they were talking to another candidate and ran 30 minutes over.

Interview wasn't even with the hiring manager, but two subordinates. It lasted 12 minutes, and there were derisive comments that my experience was way more than what they were looking for. Never mind they couldn't answer basic questions about the new platform they were using (which I had years of experience in).

But the best part was the ghosting after the interview. Not even a rejection email or feedback to the recruiter.

Senior Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on Indeed 2/2/17. I had a phone interview with a Ranstad recruiter 2/6/17. On 2/24/17 I spoke with with Human Resource Manager, who scheduled me for a phone interview with the hiring manager 3/1/17. I was never given a follow up call to advise of next steps, or anything.

Interview Questions

• In your current position, given unlimited money and resources, what would you do and why?   Answer Question