Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,109 Interview Reviews

2.9

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

More of a meet and greet. Relaxing on some fronts with softball questions. Had lunch with manager and met future coworkers. Then talked to HR about benefits. Never met with upper management. They flew me in and had everything setup well. Lasted a full day onsite. Took several months for them to set things up after initial contact.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your daily tasks.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Are you a self starter.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. Probing to see how willing you are to devote your entire life to the company. God forbid you bring up money. They'll act offended - how dare you want to know how much you'd be paid! Obviously, you should work at Honeywell for free because they're so great.

HR is a mess. They seemed to confuse me with another applicant. I was summoned to two interviews. The second was for a position that hadn't even previously been discussed (I reread the e-mails just to make sure I wasn't crazy) and the person who greeted me in the lobby seemed surprised I was there. The HR person didn't remember meeting me for the first time even though we had corresponded a bit after we met. She was diligent about replying within 24 hours until that point. When I wrote to follow up, two weeks later, I was ignored. I think she realized she made a mistake and buried my application.

After speaking with some other people that work there, I would not recommend unless you're desperate or have never worked anywhere else. Still haven't heard, weeks later, on the position. At this point, I wouldn't accept if they offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what aspects of your experience relate to this position.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

One hour-long phone interview with the hiring manager and a second hour-long phone interview with a team member. No on-site interviews. Very few technical questions about how to build predictive models.

Interview Questions

• How would you clean a data set before building a predictive model?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter. Then a test online and last they set me up for a 'hackathon' on a Saturday Morning at 7:00am.

I walked in, greeted and sat at a table by myself (instead of pair like it was intended). No one was able to think... 'oh, let's put him with a pair' and problem solved. No. They sat me down with one of the Honeywell current developers in her very early 20s. (keep this in mind, it is important).

They handed me a sheet of paper with a problem. I was supposed to solve this in one hour I believe and more importantly they will be assessing your interaction with your pair, team work, etc. But, I was by myself... sorry, not true; my pair was a 'human' robot that uttered 20 sentences during the whole process. I feel bad for her to some extent because she was supposed to brainstorm with me the solution. Obviously she knows the solution therefore she was timid on her answers because she didn't want to give much away. I must say that she was VERY nice (she brought me coffee) but other than that I didn't have any way to establish a good rapport there.

When I opened my computer she saw my Chrome theme where my age is displayed. She was "wowed" that i was almost 40 years old. That hit me, specially because really seemed discriminatory in some sense.

That caught my attention. When I started looking around, most of the interviewers were very very young guys and gals. I saw a pattern immediately.

At this point I was already discouraged to even work with this wave of Millennials so I spent my next hour reading between lines what was all this hackathon about.

At the face to face interview rounds, I noticed that they were focused mostly on just the younger crowd. In front of me there was a pair, one young guy and a much older guy. Five interviewers came to talk to the young guy. Only one to the older guy. See the pattern? And this was for most of the people there.

I had the 'privilege' to have one guy sitting with me to ask me about "scaling applications" He mentioned the term "elasticity". When I asked him what did he mean by 'elastic scaling' I was referring to a more technical explanation (either scale horizontally or vertically). Well, this condescending young kid tells me "Elasticity, like an elastic, you know" while doing with his hand a motion of stretching out a rubber band... Seriously?

Anyway, this was one of the most cold, dry and worthless experiences I have had. These kids running the show don't care. They are too caught up in their own ego and they feel like Gods walking around with a fake smile on their faces and memorized scripts that spit out at each table.

I know Honeywell is too big like to worry about glassdoor's interviews reviews. They have too much money and they just don't care. I felt treated like cattle. Honestly. Terrible.

Ios Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

1. First a phone screen by a non-technical person who basically reads the job posting to you and asks if you have experience in that.
    2. A hacker rank with several questions about your background and experience. No iOS questions. Says it should take 30 minutes but it took me that long to just do the background questions. After that are 2 coding challenges.
    3. Technical phone screen with a very rude interviewer. The phone screen consists of answering many specific Objective-C and Swift syntax questions. The interviewer will skip to the next question if you have any hesitation in your answer.

Interview Questions

• Facebook Hacker Cup 2013 – Balanced Smileys.   Answer Question
    • CTCI Staircase problem. Davis has staircases in his house and he likes to climb each staircase 1, 2 , or 3 steps at a time. Being a very precocious child, he wonders how many ways there are to reach the top of the staircase.

Given the respective heights for each of the staircases in his house, find and print the number of ways he can climb each staircase on a new line.   Answer Question
    • Explain NSURLConnection to me?   1 Answer
    • What is reuse identifier?   1 Answer
    • What are the building blocks of Core Data   Answer Question
    • Atomic vs Non-atomic   Answer Question
    • List the delegates and datasources available to a UITableView.   Answer Question
    • Difference between nil in Swift and Objective-C   Answer Question
    • How do you find memory leaks?   2 Answers
    • He gave an example of a retain cycle and asked what would happen and how to fix.   1 Answer
    • Difference between Bounds and Frame   Answer Question
    • What is dealloc called in Swift?   1 Answer
    • Explain the map keyword in Swift   Answer Question
    • What is NSOperation?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their career section.I got call for the on demand interview in around 5-6 weeks It was my first interview.They asked to appear for the on demand voice call interview.Then, i never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my past experience and regular normal question   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell in April 2017.

Interview

While the process for submitting an video phone screen was extremely easy. My experience has been disappointing. Reached out to Sourcer to follow up on status and was given a benign response ("I reached out to hiring manger and I am waiting to hear back")....It's been over 6 weeks and no update, online or via email. Recommend this process include a "close out process", especially when candidate is contacted to submit video interview. Assumption is you are not sending those to all that apply, so a follow up would be appreciative and leave a better impression of company and its processes

Analytics Implementation Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris Plains, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Morris Plains, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

First round was a video interview with very basic questions e.g. what motivates you, why Honeywell, etc. You record your answers on your computer, you can re-take it as many times as you wish. I found this process very impersonal as it is just a one-way communication and I couldn't ask my questions.

Next round: phone screens. I was scheduled to talk to 3 people on 3 consecutive days. During the first one, we were all on the same page. The next 2 people called me to interview me for the wrong job! Turned out they were looking for a Software Engineer, which I'm not and this was not the role I applied for. Total waste of my time.

Senior Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Golden Valley, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to do what they call an "interview on demand." This basically consisted of recording answers to questions via a telephone call.

A couple of weeks later, they asked me to do two phone interviews with two separate people. The first lasted about 45 minutes; the second was scheduled for a Friday afternoon, but the interviewer needed to reschedule at the last minute.

We pushed it back to early the following week, or at least that's what I thought. The second interviewer never called me, and when I reached out to her and my HR contact, I received no response.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with corporate recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager. Third step was on-site interview with hiring manager and three HR peers. Normal behavioral questions. All staff that I spoke to were very welcoming and made me feel at ease. I was very excited about the job and got a verbal offer the next day, but unfortunately a hiring freeze was implemented for certain support roles (including HR) after the verbal offer but before it was extended in writing. Overall it was a good experience and the hiring manager handled the situation with professionalism and candor.

Interview Questions

• If you could learn a new skill/area of HR practice, what would it be and why?   Answer Question