Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017
1,021 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Initially contacted by a friendly recruiter about 2 weeks after I submitted my application. She immediately scheduled me for an onsite interview, so no typical phone screen. You do however have to complete a coding pre assessment before hand. The onsite interview consisted of 4 1 on 1 interview with 2 managers and two engineers. The last portion of the interview was a guided coding segment. Overall the process was quick and smooth, unfortunately I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about x y and z and what leadership experiences do you have ?   2 Answers

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Applied through the online portal. Got a call a week later to do phone screen. A week after that went in for an in person. Interviewed with the manager and one other person on the team. Manager went right into the technical questions asking about my background, looking for how I would fit into the role most likely. There were a number of technical questions about my Aerospace, programing and engineering knowledge. The interview was more of a conversation than scripted. No personality questions as other mentioned. I would say the interview wasn't easy. Afterward I got a tour of the facility. Offer came little over a week later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with data integrity? Explain your experience.   Answer Question

Strategic Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

the key VP is retiring, unknown future for this career path in this company. marketing is a job without any security, if you want to use it to get in, it is fine. but have your resume ready for your next one because you need it in less than 12 months

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was good.
    1. Online Test (Behavioral and Coding challenge)
    2. One Manager round (Phone)
    3. One Technical round (Phone)

Onsite
    4. HR discussion
    5. Hiring Manager Discussion
    6. Coding Challenge

After a week
    7. Technical discussion (Phone)

Interview Questions

• Technical:
      1. https://www.facebook.com/hackercup/problem/403525256396727/
      2. http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-ways-reach-nth-stair/
      3. In english alphabet "a-z and A-Z" letters.
      As we know all numbers can be represented by a fibonacci number.
      1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

Suppose 6 = 5 + 1, can be encoded as 1001
      16 = 13 + 3 = 100100
      4 = 3 + 1 = 101

Similarly, all the letters "a-z and A-Z" should be converted to ASCII number then convert them to Fibonacci encoded number
      Then read decode them back to origonal character.
      H E L L O
      ASCII values of all the letters from (HELLO)
      Then covert them to corresponding binary values
      e.g H = 72 = 55 + 13 + 3 + 1 = 100100101
      And add "1" (number 1) to end of all charcter to find out the number ends there.
      So H = 100100101 + 1 = 1001001011 (Not mathematical add, string add or append)

4. What you like to do in leisure time?
      5. What you have done something interesting beyond your scope?
      6. How do you manage a day in your place when you are heavily loaded?
      7. Why are you looking for a change?
      ....
      4 Answers

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Torrance, CA).

Interview

I had two phone interviews with HR, one in person interview with hiring manager and one panel interview with future co-workers. I had a two day wait until offer was made.

Interview Questions

• How do you influence those that are not direct reports to make time for your projects to execute to the published project schedule?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied, followed by 30 minute recruiter phone screen asking questions about my resume and the position. Given a coding test to implement in C++ which was easy. Asked to write an honest summary of how long it took to solve/thought process. They then eagerly setup a phone screen with technical hiring manager. Soft skills interview which went extremely well and included references to my thought process solving the technical coding challenge. Again mentioned I had to refresh myself on C++ as I did in my thought process explanation. Never heard from anyone ever again. Pro tip: Read a candidates thought process if you make us write one, especially if honestly explaining a C++ refresher is a show stopper. C++ has not been on my resume within the last 7 years. Total time wasters.

Intern Interview

Interview

Was pretty standard, submitted resume, 1 interview with direct manager. Submitted a writing sample. We talked about my education, career objectives, skills, work responsibilities. I also toured the technology center. Very positive experience that made me want to be part of the company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris Plains, NJ

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Honeywell (Morris Plains, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

They expedited my process, because they knew I had an offer from a different firm. The phone interviewers were a little tough, and they are straight to the points. I had two phone-interviews and one in-person one.

Interview Questions

• What are the two accounts to record a sales transaction?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Lincolnshire, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager followed by onsite, then a surprise final interview after I was told I will be receiving an offer. I was told by the recruiter that the hiring manager is preparing an offer, and they needed current and expected salary. After I provided information that did not reduce my negotiating position, the recruiter said that the hiring manager will call tomorrow with a verbal offer followed by a written one. Instead, they requested a final interview, to which I wanted to know the reason why. In the end, I did the next interview the day after. The day after that interview, I was told that due to a lack of expertise in a certain area, they will not make an offer.
    This is a ruse: they did not like the numbers I was telling them, and to make sure they did not look bad for going back on their word, they tried to document another reason not to hire me. This company does not hire top talent, end of story.

Interview Questions

• Nothing Hard. The interviewers do not even know your field for the most part.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Hackerrank: two questions
    2.Phone interview with hr. He just asked you about your experience, tells about honeywell. Hardly 20-30 minutes.
    3.Onsite interview: Group(2 peoples) coding interview, very simple. They give you two problems to solve 45 minutes each. three interviews 30 minutes each with team and manager.
    4.Phone call: final interview 45 minutes