Honeywell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017
1,079 Interview Reviews

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Excellent! Quick turnaround time to offer. They spent tune helping me understand culture people and processes. I would recommend to everyone who is interested in Honeywell. The benefits were also shared which gave me a better perspective of what to expect before I accepted.

Sales Interview

Interview

After applying process took about 4 months. Received numerous phone interviews, one on demand interview, a face to face, then a online panel interview. After panel interview offer was made and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer objected to the sale because of price and how you overcame the objection.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I was a transition employee from another company that was a subcontractor. The subcontract was not renewed and HTSI hired most of us over directly. My interviewers had known me for years, but had no idea what I was doing (even though it often supported or paralleled their work). They had no authority (or desire to seek the authority) to actually classify my job at a higher level than the one arbitrarily chosen by their boss, who was clueless about what I did since I worked on the customer's site with other HTSI employees.

Senior Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

As a highly skilled, well-accomplished professional, this was probably the worst interview experience of my career.

A recruiter contacted me over the phone and quoted a particular salary band. In less than two hours, he contacted me back stating this employer had reduced the range by $21,000/annually. Despite the bait and switch, I still was interested in the role and what it offered.

Was then scheduled for an interview. The recruiter botched the time zone (despite asking four times to verify), which meant I showed up three hours early. No problem...adapt and overcome. I came back at the appointed time, yet they were talking to another candidate and ran 30 minutes over.

Interview wasn't even with the hiring manager, but two subordinates. It lasted 12 minutes, and there were derisive comments that my experience was way more than what they were looking for. Never mind they couldn't answer basic questions about the new platform they were using (which I had years of experience in).

But the best part was the ghosting after the interview. Not even a rejection email or feedback to the recruiter.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

1st round is online test through HireVue, and then got invite for the hackathon at Georgia. our Hackathon is a 2-hour coding challenge followed by a technical and behavioral interview. the next day got a call saying that I have been selected to the final round which is a 45 minutes technical and behavioral round. the next week received a call saying that I performed well in the interview but couldn't consider me since I have less experience (I have 3+ in my resume).
    This hackathon is common screening for all levels, few experienced people along with us and none of the experienced could clear the hackathon. I along with other 3 or 4 guys of similar experience could clear it. I don't understand why experience matters even though we are skilled enough to compete with experienced guys. It's really a bad experience with Honeywell. I didn't expect a Fortune 500 company would treat like this.

Interview Questions

• evaluate an expression following BODMAS rules   8 Answers

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Applied online and spoke with a HR rep first and then spoke to maintenance mgr from that site. Basic engineering/technical questions were asked. Was asked to attend a site interview and interviewed with leadership team. Situational questions were asked. They said they will notify me quickly even if they decide not to continue with me, but I did not hear from them until after 5 months. Very slow and unresponsive.

Senior Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on Indeed 2/2/17. I had a phone interview with a Ranstad recruiter 2/6/17. On 2/24/17 I spoke with with Human Resource Manager, who scheduled me for a phone interview with the hiring manager 3/1/17. I was never given a follow up call to advise of next steps, or anything.

Interview Questions

• In your current position, given unlimited money and resources, what would you do and why?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

short and to the point no longer than 15 mins. He asked why honeywell and what can I bring to the company. What was my major, things lioke that. i love lucy and all the pink elephants

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 10 years? Tell me more about this... on your resume. what do you enjoy most about school I love lucy and the pink elephant   1 Answer

Engineering Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgeley, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Ridgeley, WV) in March 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was a video session where questions were displayed on the screen and you have a set amount of time to respond. one should prepare for this interview as if it were a face to face meeting. You should practice in advance with general interview question in front of a camera with a screen that you can view yourself.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I talked to the recruiters had my university career fair and then applied online. Got an email about having a 5 min screening phone call. Then got an offer to go Kansas City for a final round of interviews. The final round was sort of like speed dating, you had five 30 minute interviews with different hiring managers. My first interview was pretty difficult, I could tell the guy didn't like me and I could see what he was writing in his notes and it didn't match what I was saying. He wrote down "She's mean to her teammates." After that experience, I was pretty down for the rest of the interviews and kind of felt like I was written off by the other managers. The last hiring manager didn't even interview me, he had his employee interview me while he was outside on a phone call.

Interview Questions

• Each hiring manager had 5 behavioral questions on a different topic like leadership, teamwork, social skills, etc.   1 Answer