Honeywell Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Honeywell Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I got an email to schedule an interview with an answering machine. I called the number and it explained the process and asked several questions and my answers were recorded to be reviewed later.

Interview Questions

• Please explain why you are interested in working here as an engineer   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Columbia, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. Spoke to a recruiter at a university job fair. Interviewed on campus the next day. Received email feedback about 2 weeks later. Interview consisted mostly of behavioral questions. Interviewer asked about prior experience with various situations. There were no logic puzzle questions or skills demonstrations required.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past experience where you worked in a multi-disciplinary group to complete a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

A group of 8 of us were given a brief video overview of the company. Then taken to a room with 8 tables, one for each of us. Then it was sort of like a speed dating scenario where you talked with a hiring manager for about 20 minutes, then had a 5 minute break before they would all swap who they were interviewing. Each hiring manager was from a different department.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable moving to Kansas.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

I met with a Honeywell Representative at my schools career fair and was asked a number of questions about my resume. I was invited to go to one of Honeywell's facilities and interview there. I had a short plant tour and then two 30 minute interviews, one behavioral question interview, and one technical interview.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell in September 2015.

Interview

It was a nice 1 on 1 interview. The interviewer asked direct interview questions. The questions weren't tricky at all and were very typical interview questions asked by other companies. At the end of the interview, you will be mailed an online form. I actually didn't see this form since it was an automated response email and I thought it was nothing important. I only found out about it a month or so after when I was looking for updates about the job. Needless to say, I wasn't able to fill it up. It's probably the reason why I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked to Honeywell Aerospace at the career fair and also applied online. I received a call from the recruiter later that day and set up an interview on campus with them for the next day. Panel interview with an employee and a manager (different departments of engineering).

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Kansas City, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Was asked about resume related information/projects. There weren't a lot of technical questions other than about my own experience. The process took about 4 hours in person and over lunch.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

I was asked to interview after submitting application on Honeywell's website.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Kansas City, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

Talked to employees at an on-campus job fair about Honeywell and what they do. After giving my resume they invited me to sign up for a potential interview at the campus. I was called the next day and an interview was scheduled for the following week. At the interview, I was asked simple but detailed behavioral questions. The interview went well and I was told that if a positive decision was made I would be contacted for an on-site interview. About a week or so later a recruiter contacted me and an interview was scheduled at the new Kansas City facility. I received confirmation emails that included an application to be filled out by hand and, since they are a defense contractor, a release to allow them to investigate me for a high-level security clearance.
    This interview took most of the day. Arrive at 7:30 AM with about 20 other potential candidates. After a review of the process and videos about KC and Honeywell we were all taken to a large room where tables had been placed with placards with our names on them. Then it was kind of like speed-dating. Several mangers came in and interviewed candidates using behavioral questions and your interests etc. After 20 minutes, a woman called time. After a short break, they rotated till the managers had a chance to speak with each of us.
    After this, a box-lunch was provided and a security interview was given in a private room to determine if you could qualify for a high-level "Q" clearance.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

I applied online. I was called and scheduled an interview. Mostly technical questions.