Honeywell Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.8

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. Probing to see how willing you are to devote your entire life to the company. God forbid you bring up money. They'll act offended - how dare you want to know how much you'd be paid! Obviously, you should work at Honeywell for free because they're so great.

HR is a mess. They seemed to confuse me with another applicant. I was summoned to two interviews. The second was for a position that hadn't even previously been discussed (I reread the e-mails just to make sure I wasn't crazy) and the person who greeted me in the lobby seemed surprised I was there. The HR person didn't remember meeting me for the first time even though we had corresponded a bit after we met. She was diligent about replying within 24 hours until that point. When I wrote to follow up, two weeks later, I was ignored. I think she realized she made a mistake and buried my application.

After speaking with some other people that work there, I would not recommend unless you're desperate or have never worked anywhere else. Still haven't heard, weeks later, on the position. At this point, I wouldn't accept if they offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what aspects of your experience relate to this position.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with corporate recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager. Third step was on-site interview with hiring manager and three HR peers. Normal behavioral questions. All staff that I spoke to were very welcoming and made me feel at ease. I was very excited about the job and got a verbal offer the next day, but unfortunately a hiring freeze was implemented for certain support roles (including HR) after the verbal offer but before it was extended in writing. Overall it was a good experience and the hiring manager handled the situation with professionalism and candor.

Interview Questions

• If you could learn a new skill/area of HR practice, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

My first interview was with a panel of 3 managers, which lasted an hour. It was a behavioral interview, so I provided a lot of examples of how I handled situations in prior positions. The panel made me feel comfortable in taking time to think of answers. I felt the questions were very appropriate to the position and was happy to have examples to give for each of the questions. I enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a client was upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Propulsion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I had a 30 minute on-campus interview at my school after meeting recruiters at the career fair. Then they called me a few weeks later to schedule an on-sire interview, which they flew me out to Phoenix for and put me in a hotel and everything. The visit was more like a series of meetings with different people both in the division I was interviewing for and other divisions they work closely with. Some of the people I met with talked more about their position or had a little presentation ready to show me, while others were asking me typical interview questions. That evening some of the employees took me out for dinner and it was overall a pretty fun interview experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult group members and what role do you typically play in a group?   Answer Question
    • Label parts of an engine diagram   Answer Question
    • How do you think you will contribute to/improve Honeywell?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

On-campus recruiting, 1 on 1. Pretty relaxed, Asked a lot of "name a time when..." type questions. Basic strength/weaknesses questions. Got asked what my favorite classes were, what my least favorite were. A time I had to take a safer option instead of a riskier option and had it pay off. Went pretty well, ended with the interviewer explaining what their position is and the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• A time I had to take a safer option instead of a riskier option and had it pay off.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed.com. Got a call from recruiter for a 30 minutes call.
    Then my name got submitted to the hiring manager for the next interview.
    The phone interview with the hiring manager along with 2 other managers.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade leadership to fund your program?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of behavioral and technical questions. About a 2 month process from submitting resume to decision making. Average process and typical behavioral questions. Be confident in your answers because they are really just trying to see if they can work with you on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Which financial statement better determines the health of a company? Balance Sheet or Income Statement   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online to a requisition, HR consultant called me asked a few basic questions about my interest and then set up the interview.
    Interview consisted of a formal interview with 6-8 people asking most behavioral questions for 1.5 hours.
    Then I gave a 45-minute technical presentation to a group of about 10 people.
    The rest of the day consisted of lunch, a facility tour, and then either small groups or 1-on-1 conversations with employees working in the group or similar areas. Gave me a chance to ask questions and get a feel for the company and culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online first. Then, they called me in to interview with the team I would work with. I interviewed with three engineers in person. Then, I interviewed with the director. The director went over the company and available pathways for software engineers in the company and asked about previous experiences and projects.

Principal User Experience Design Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

They use an outsourced agency to handle all of their interviewing logistics. This was sometimes troublesome because the dates provided in interviews did not always line up with the next steps / dates provided by the agency contact.

There seemed to be a lot of wait time between first and second interviews with no indication of the total number of interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked to review my portfolio   1 Answer