Honeywell Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.7

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior ISC Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Process was OK. They need a lot of supervisors..so much that the value stream manager (hiring manage) is still serving as a supervisor plus is new job. He was pleasant and accommodating but I could see that he was in great need of help in the form of supervisors.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral....using the STAR format, tell me about a time when you had to think outside the box   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I started with a automated phone interview. After that, HR called me and facilitated a conversation with the hiring manager. The next step was to have a phone interview/conference call with the hiring manager's peers. After that, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager's boss. When that was all completed, they brought me in and I had to interview with everyone again in person.

Interview Questions

• They gave me some scenarios and asked me how I would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. Probing to see how willing you are to devote your entire life to the company. God forbid you bring up money. They'll act offended - how dare you want to know how much you'd be paid! Obviously, you should work at Honeywell for free because they're so great.

HR is a mess. They seemed to confuse me with another applicant. I was summoned to two interviews. The second was for a position that hadn't even previously been discussed (I reread the e-mails just to make sure I wasn't crazy) and the person who greeted me in the lobby seemed surprised I was there. The HR person didn't remember meeting me for the first time even though we had corresponded a bit after we met. She was diligent about replying within 24 hours until that point. When I wrote to follow up, two weeks later, I was ignored. I think she realized she made a mistake and buried my application.

After speaking with some other people that work there, I would not recommend unless you're desperate or have never worked anywhere else. Still haven't heard, weeks later, on the position. At this point, I wouldn't accept if they offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what aspects of your experience relate to this position.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with corporate recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager. Third step was on-site interview with hiring manager and three HR peers. Normal behavioral questions. All staff that I spoke to were very welcoming and made me feel at ease. I was very excited about the job and got a verbal offer the next day, but unfortunately a hiring freeze was implemented for certain support roles (including HR) after the verbal offer but before it was extended in writing. Overall it was a good experience and the hiring manager handled the situation with professionalism and candor.

Interview Questions

• If you could learn a new skill/area of HR practice, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

As a highly skilled, well-accomplished professional, this was probably the worst interview experience of my career.

A recruiter contacted me over the phone and quoted a particular salary band. In less than two hours, he contacted me back stating this employer had reduced the range by $21,000/annually. Despite the bait and switch, I still was interested in the role and what it offered.

Was then scheduled for an interview. The recruiter botched the time zone (despite asking four times to verify), which meant I showed up three hours early. No problem...adapt and overcome. I came back at the appointed time, yet they were talking to another candidate and ran 30 minutes over.

Interview wasn't even with the hiring manager, but two subordinates. It lasted 12 minutes, and there were derisive comments that my experience was way more than what they were looking for. Never mind they couldn't answer basic questions about the new platform they were using (which I had years of experience in).

But the best part was the ghosting after the interview. Not even a rejection email or feedback to the recruiter.

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was basically an online questionaire were I needed to record myself answering several questions. There were also other questions that nedded to be answered in writing. For the most part, the uestions were basic screening type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in Manufacturing and Engineering.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

My first interview was with a panel of 3 managers, which lasted an hour. It was a behavioral interview, so I provided a lot of examples of how I handled situations in prior positions. The panel made me feel comfortable in taking time to think of answers. I felt the questions were very appropriate to the position and was happy to have examples to give for each of the questions. I enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a client was upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Propulsion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I had a 30 minute on-campus interview at my school after meeting recruiters at the career fair. Then they called me a few weeks later to schedule an on-sire interview, which they flew me out to Phoenix for and put me in a hotel and everything. The visit was more like a series of meetings with different people both in the division I was interviewing for and other divisions they work closely with. Some of the people I met with talked more about their position or had a little presentation ready to show me, while others were asking me typical interview questions. That evening some of the employees took me out for dinner and it was overall a pretty fun interview experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult group members and what role do you typically play in a group?   Answer Question
    • Label parts of an engine diagram   Answer Question
    • How do you think you will contribute to/improve Honeywell?   Answer Question

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was awesome guaranteed company you want to work for if your just starting in the field. They will ask serious questions about your knowledge in the field so don't think your going to be slick about it. They will ask.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have in the field? If any?   Answer Question
    • What are some long term goals of yours you'd like to accomplish?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

On-campus recruiting, 1 on 1. Pretty relaxed, Asked a lot of "name a time when..." type questions. Basic strength/weaknesses questions. Got asked what my favorite classes were, what my least favorite were. A time I had to take a safer option instead of a riskier option and had it pay off. Went pretty well, ended with the interviewer explaining what their position is and the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• A time I had to take a safer option instead of a riskier option and had it pay off.   Answer Question