Honeywell Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.7

Propulsion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I had a 30 minute on-campus interview at my school after meeting recruiters at the career fair. Then they called me a few weeks later to schedule an on-sire interview, which they flew me out to Phoenix for and put me in a hotel and everything. The visit was more like a series of meetings with different people both in the division I was interviewing for and other divisions they work closely with. Some of the people I met with talked more about their position or had a little presentation ready to show me, while others were asking me typical interview questions. That evening some of the employees took me out for dinner and it was overall a pretty fun interview experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult group members and what role do you typically play in a group?   Answer Question
    • Label parts of an engine diagram   Answer Question
    • How do you think you will contribute to/improve Honeywell?   Answer Question

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was awesome guaranteed company you want to work for if your just starting in the field. They will ask serious questions about your knowledge in the field so don't think your going to be slick about it. They will ask.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have in the field? If any?   Answer Question
    • What are some long term goals of yours you'd like to accomplish?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

On-campus recruiting, 1 on 1. Pretty relaxed, Asked a lot of "name a time when..." type questions. Basic strength/weaknesses questions. Got asked what my favorite classes were, what my least favorite were. A time I had to take a safer option instead of a riskier option and had it pay off. Went pretty well, ended with the interviewer explaining what their position is and the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• A time I had to take a safer option instead of a riskier option and had it pay off.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed.com. Got a call from recruiter for a 30 minutes call.
    Then my name got submitted to the hiring manager for the next interview.
    The phone interview with the hiring manager along with 2 other managers.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade leadership to fund your program?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online to a requisition, HR consultant called me asked a few basic questions about my interest and then set up the interview.
    Interview consisted of a formal interview with 6-8 people asking most behavioral questions for 1.5 hours.
    Then I gave a 45-minute technical presentation to a group of about 10 people.
    The rest of the day consisted of lunch, a facility tour, and then either small groups or 1-on-1 conversations with employees working in the group or similar areas. Gave me a chance to ask questions and get a feel for the company and culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online first. Then, they called me in to interview with the team I would work with. I interviewed with three engineers in person. Then, I interviewed with the director. The director went over the company and available pathways for software engineers in the company and asked about previous experiences and projects.

Principal User Experience Design Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

They use an outsourced agency to handle all of their interviewing logistics. This was sometimes troublesome because the dates provided in interviews did not always line up with the next steps / dates provided by the agency contact.

There seemed to be a lot of wait time between first and second interviews with no indication of the total number of interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked to review my portfolio   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Went to career fair, then the next day, got called for a follow up in person interview. The interview was standard behavioral and scenario question.
    A week later, HR called to setup a phone interview with a manager. The phone interview was pleasant, went over the resume, we also scheduled another in person interview.
    The face to face interview consist of a tour of the facility, meeting people who works in the department, a formal interview with questions on experiences.

Interview Questions

• Strength/weakness,
      Why should we hire you?,
      A project/job that you demonstrated leadership,
      Answer Question

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard application: résumé, why us, portfolio. The next step in the process is a 30 minute phone interview. If you get through that portion, it is followed up by four, one hour onsite interviews back to back on the same day. No reimbursement for gas or time (I only put this because interviews I have had since have all reimbursed at least for my gas and several my time as well if I had to take off work).

I am not sure if this is standard, but at no point in this process after my interview was I ever told the status of where I was in the hiring process. I had to follow up at the three weeks of silence point, because I wanted to know if I still had a shot or should move on. They, again, said they would send along my e-mail to the hiring office to find out. Yet again, I heard nothing for another three weeks. Which, I figured "no news is good news". Once again, I had to contact them, nothing on their end. Finally, someone called and told me that she was suppose to have told me weeks ago that they went in a different direction. So the take away for any future applicants would be that at week two, I would follow up with them if you haven't heard anything. Because keeping someone on the line for six weeks, even if it is a misunderstanding, is highly unprofessional and really inconsiderate.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

- Met at university career fair
    - Interview at university career fair
    - Phone interview prior to onsite interview
    - Multiple calls and discussions setting up travel plans
    - Panel interview (four managers plus a university recruiter)
        - Personality questions
        - One technical question
    - Site tour
    - Wait for a response was long and I eventually contacted them and learned that they were going a different direction

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario in which a pilot was reporting a problem. My task was to browse through a manual to determine what the problem was.   Answer Question