Honeywell Process Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Lean Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell Process Solutions (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

One interview in person. People were nice but extremely sensitive. The Honeywell culture is dedicated to profit not continuous improvement.

Interview Questions

• How many trees are there in Central Park.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy.

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell Process Solutions.

Interview

I applied online. Two phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. I met with hiring manager and other members of the team. Interview involved me sitting in one room and five employees coming in one after another.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself after 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell Process Solutions.

Interview

After filling out an online application, I was contacted about 2 weeks later by a recruiter who had me complete an online programming assessment powered by hackerrank. After about 2 more weeks, I was invited for an interview that ran from 7:45am-3:30pm. It began with a head-to-head challenge against another candidate to solve an online challenge in parallel. It wasn't too terribly stressful, but we were expected to critique each others code afterward which felt very awkward. After this, the other candidate and I were separated for the remainder of the day for fairly laid back questions about my resume and prior experience without any further programming challenges. It was nice to get the testing out of the way early so I could relax and really assess how well I would fit in. In the end, I was offered a lower title than what I was interviewing for without an explanation, but I assume it was a political move due to my young age relative to the rest of the team. After another 2 weeks, a drug test and background check was completed. After another week, a start date was finally set. I found this frustrating because each step of the process was spread out evenly thereby keeping me guessing and preventing me from traveling somewhere to relax prior to my start date. All that said, it was a positive experience because it is to be expected when being hired at a giant company.

Interview Questions

• The programming challenge was to print a diamond pattern to the screen. Similar to printing a staircase pattern, but mirrored and flipped.   1 Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell Process Solutions (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Had 6 rounds of interview, 1 screening, 1 programming, 1 Skype (Technical), 2 Phone (technical) and 1 HR. The interview questions were mainly related to technology, java, mobile app and testing. The interview process was smooth and seamless. However, post interview process such as, the background verification and work authorization took almost 2 months after the last round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• My motivation, my current project and why I wanted to join Honeywell.   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell Process Solutions (Houston, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

There were multiple phone screens and remote interviews before I was called in for an in person interview. The in person interview was scheduled for 3 one hour interviews. The whole hiring process took over four months from initial contact to starting the job. The background check company was very inefficient and took 22 days to turn in the results!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume? What makes you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell Process Solutions (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks to get an interview, talked with a recruiter on the phone, then with met onsite with the manager and senior engineers. Got a small presentation from the manager about what the group does. Interviewing with the senior engineers was ok, they asked some technical questions regarding schematic logic. Got a tour of the labs and saw some of the products that got worked on

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you messed up? What did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honeywell Process Solutions (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with recruiter at career fair and then received an email to apply. I applied online and received back to back phone interviews. Still waiting on a response. It has been 2+ weeks so far

Interview Questions

• It was basically just a conversation and going over your resume and where do you see yourself in five years. Mostly Behavioral. I interviewed with the Director of IT and also a Program Manager located in Arizona.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell Process Solutions in March 2018.

Interview

Took me 5 interviews to get the job and the background check alone took 21 days!! They outsource their HR services so don't expect any customer service from their HR reps! They're not even employed by Honeywell. The background check company just didn't send a private investigator to my village...or maybe they did!!!

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that can help you succeed in this job?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell Process Solutions.

Interview

The entire hiring and interview process was completed electronically. Be prepared to do everything on your computer. Very aggressive hiring manager which was totally uncomfortable. Promises made by management during interview but then later broken when hired which led to Bait and Switch situations.

Interview Questions

• Did I know that the company had the position open for over a year and a half?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was stressful due to the company appeared to not appreciate or value employee's with credentials.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell Process Solutions (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Initial and follow-up contact is made by an outside vendor (Randstat)... you'd think this huge company would do its own recruiting? This part takes a little while. One week in between initial contact and follow up for on-site interview. Took more time to get final confirmation that people in the building were actually going to meet with me.
    The engineers that interviewed me were very nice and very cordial, top of their field and the products they deal with... I expected nothing else from people who do this kind of work. Of course, none of the people I met with was an "entry level" type person... not many of those caliber being hired anywhere anymore; sad. I probably could have had some better answers to their questions, but I admit to being rusty.

After the interview, I never heard another word... for all I know, the building could have fallen off the face of the earth or, more likely, I wasn't selected due to not meeting diversity requirements (as seems to be the case these days in tech/everywhere). It would have been nice to at least tell me "Thanks, but no thanks", but I get it, interviewing and getting hired these days is a terrible process all-around...

Interview Questions

• What are multiclock domains and what are some the issues in dealing with them and how to mitigate said issues?   1 Answer
    • What is metastability?   1 Answer
    • Do you know VHDL?   1 Answer