Honeywell Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 2, 2017

3.1

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online to a requisition, HR consultant called me asked a few basic questions about my interest and then set up the interview.
Interview consisted of a formal interview with 6-8 people asking most behavioral questions for 1.5 hours.
Then I gave a 45-minute technical presentation to a group of about 10 people.
The rest of the day consisted of lunch, a facility tour, and then either small groups or 1-on-1 conversations with employees working in the group or similar areas. Gave me a chance to ask questions and get a feel for the company and culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Des Plaines, IL).

Interview

1. An HR guy contacted me through email.
    2. He asked me some questions regarding whether I wan to relocate, the minimum salary and ....
    3. The Hiring Manager sent me some questions through HR and asked me to answer those questions. I couldn't really answer all those questions.

Interview Questions

• I was not sure whether I was a good fit for that position. They actually were looking for people with the backgrounds in some special software.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Did an summer internship at Honeywell. After which I got 3 Technical interviews and 1 HR interview. Technical was hard and challenging and HR was basic stuffs about pay and previous company etc

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

Decent technical interview. Mostly resume was discussed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with follow up site visit. Review panel follow up after individual interviews with senior personnel. Taken to lunch with a group of similar aged employees. Laboratory visit included in the site walkaround

Interview Questions

• Ability to get security clearance   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, everything is negotiable

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview first talk about my experience on the resume. Quite casual. Then got notified to come for a onsite interview. No technical presentation. Interviewed with six different people, including managers, directors, and engineers. Mostly focus on my experience and possible contribution to the company.

Interview Questions

• Showed me a product of this company and ask me to offer some solution for their problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackwood, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Blackwood, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

Very thorough interview process that included a programming test and numerous one-on-one interviews. The technical people were all very positive. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Difficult and subtle C programming test, that apparently is almost never answered correctly.   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Honeywell (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Telephonic is important in which it is decided whether candidate is a match for job. Later f2f are mandatory. These interviews are long and detailed. There will be around 2 to 3 technical rounds. At last it will be HR. If u r HR round think u almost thru the intrerview

Interview Questions

• All questions were related to projects which i mentioned in resume.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Honeywell (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Honeywell Interview has held with total 5 rounds.
    1. Online Test : 20 qs will be there and its mixed of data structure, algo, c,c++ question . After I passed this round I got call for Hackathon in Bangalore, RMZ ecoworld campus (within 3-4 days).
    2. Hackathon : Around 50-80 candidates had come from exp 3 to 20 years. Formed teams of 7-8 people each , given a use case to implement in real HW (everything will be provided, from latop to board, connector), use any of the language you are comfortable and finish the project and present with the team (10 am to 3pm). All those time you will be monitored how you are working with people, your inputs and some tech expertise will come and ask you questions regarding your approach and many more.
    3. 2 Technical Interview rounds : one round of tech round happened same day of hackathon (1 hr) mostly what you have written on your CV,prev exp,programming skills. Next round was scheduled on another weekdays. It was completely on OS internals, Linux and some more technical questions(90 mins).
    3. 1 HR round : Happened next week over phone about expectation and some HR questions.

Th whole process took 2 week and their offer came after 2 more week. A third party does the recruitment process on behalf of Honewell. So the commuting offer related thing was very difficult and I found a communication gab between candidate and the HR and the offer was not great after going such an difficult interview process. So I have decided not join the company.

Interview Questions

• Hackathon Usecase: Make Amazon Dash button using raspberry pi 3.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process started off with an online coding challenge to be attended in home. It was for about 2 hours and had 20 multiple choice questions and a couple of programs to execute with test cases, primarily in C & C++.
    Further to this, Honeywell organised a Hackathon event for the shortlisted candidates which was an all-day event. Teams were formed with 4 people in each group and a problem statement was given to be solved and then demonstrated/presented.
    The problem statement was very different to the role which they were filling but the teams formed were such that each team had people with diverse engineering backgrounds and experiences.
    We were under constant supervision in the duration of this hackathon, at the end of which people were shortlisted to attend further rounds.
    Following this, a technical interview was conducted by the hiring team and the hiring manager himself(together) which went professionally well, with majority of the discussions being on my previous work experience.
    Although the hiring process was a bit unorganized, since the panelists were lesser in number, the HR team kept the candidates well informed.
    After spending close to 12 hours in the Honeywell campus, the final round was a HR discussion where my intention and dedication to be a part of this organization was assessed.
    I did not negotiate for the salary since it had already exceeded my expectations.
    Overall, a very unique and tedious interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Design a live cricket score card by polling data from a http end point.   Answer Question