Honeywell Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

3.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was good.
1. Online Test (Behavioral and Coding challenge)
2. One Manager round (Phone)
3. One Technical round (Phone)

Onsite
4. HR discussion
5. Hiring Manager Discussion
6. Coding Challenge

After a week
7. Technical discussion (Phone)

Interview Questions

• Technical:
    1. https://www.facebook.com/hackercup/problem/403525256396727/
    2. http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-ways-reach-nth-stair/
    3. In english alphabet "a-z and A-Z" letters.
    As we know all numbers can be represented by a fibonacci number.
    1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

Suppose 6 = 5 + 1, can be encoded as 1001
    16 = 13 + 3 = 100100
    4 = 3 + 1 = 101

Similarly, all the letters "a-z and A-Z" should be converted to ASCII number then convert them to Fibonacci encoded number
    Then read decode them back to origonal character.
    H E L L O
    ASCII values of all the letters from (HELLO)
    Then covert them to corresponding binary values
    e.g H = 72 = 55 + 13 + 3 + 1 = 100100101
    And add "1" (number 1) to end of all charcter to find out the number ends there.
    So H = 100100101 + 1 = 1001001011 (Not mathematical add, string add or append)

4. What you like to do in leisure time?
    5. What you have done something interesting beyond your scope?
    6. How do you manage a day in your place when you are heavily loaded?
    7. Why are you looking for a change?
    ....   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This process was long drawn out for 2 team behavioral only interviews. Not one software question in whole process. Felt like I was rushing a needy frat house.

After interviews with team hr contacted me for offer of way below market salary. Really

Dead end job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for two positions during the month of August. First was the Simulation Software Engineer III position and the second was Senior Software Engineer. The SSE III position interview started with a technical phone interview and continued with an extensive test requiring C++ and openGL coding and knowledge. Submitted test and participated in second technical phone interview. Told during the second phone interview test results were exceptional. Went for an on-site interview. Not much technical questions just shown around the plant. However, was asked a couple of questions that did not relate to the position or engineering at all: 1) if you could be a superhero who would it be and why; 2) what fruit or vegetable would you want to be and why? This told me that they were looking for an artist not an engineer. Thought the interview went great; however, did not get an offer. They had a range for salary I told them the high end so thought this might have something to do with the non-offer. Also, beware of the tricky artistic questions, I was unprepared for them and answered them the best I could, but still don't know what these questions had to do with technical engineering.

Second interview was with another department within Honeywell. The first interview was technical phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The problem with this interview was the rec did not reflect the position that they interviewed me for. Also, the interview was in a small office with 3 people asking technical questions. As a result, the interview was like a pinball that bounced all around without focus or organization. Did not get an offer.

In summary, would not interview with Honeywell again. They say that they want to become leader in industry and rise above the radar, but do not act like it. Still the same old company with the same old hiring philosophy! The thinking is offer the lowest salary they can regardless of the experience you have for the position. In fact, they stopped giving relocation which screams volumes of their "low salary" philosophy.
    Bottom-line don't waste your time applying for these positions. Huge waste of time and effort and you will be disappointed with the salary offer without relocation or not an offer at all.

By the way, I worked for a company that wants to be "the employer of choice". As a consequence, they offer competitive salaries, good technical work, and relocation. Can you guess - RAYTHEON!

Interview Questions

• What super hero do you want to be and why?   1 Answer
    • What fruit for vegetable would you like to be and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell (Marlton, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview took a half day. It included a brief tour of the facility, etc. Then interviews conducted individually by prospective managers and co-workers. All went well, and the feedback I received was overall very positive. I was contacted a few days later by HR for a phone screen. An offer was never extended, but I did not find out why.

Interview Questions

• I was given some code and asked to find an obscure but serious bug.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Experience was worst.
    First round was Hackathon round where they gave a problem statement to solve to each team of 4-5 people each irrespective of there technology background.
    Single problem can be solved in n number of technologies, but they indirectly expect you to use the one they want.
    Simply waste of time if you have experience in other technologies and there is no link between problem statement and you skills.

Interview Questions

• To solve problem statement using any technology.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

1st round: 40 T-SQL (basic to advance Level) queries + 10 theoretical questions(50 min duration)
    2nd round:technical panel(first 20 min cross questions about solutions of queries written in prev round) + DW proj work experience (in depth project details, roles and responsibility)+They will give you different scenario in order to develop DW(ETL,database design,DW schema)+checking willingness to learn new technology
    3rd round:Technical manager asked about current and previous roles under the project.basic TSQL questions verification.commitment to work with Honeywell,salary expectation.
    4th round:HR discussion(telephonic)

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to data-warehouse (ETL,Analytics,Reporting)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

4 rounds of interview.
    - Technical question on iOS, one person will ask all the question throughout iOS sdk.
    - Again high level question from Kernel to view, button
    - Collaboration round , kind of group discussion and architect level question.
    - HR round. salary negotiation.
    - Lot of salary negotiation afterward also before issuing offer letter. Interview started at 10:30 am, got printed offer letter on the same day at 8:30 pm.

Interview Questions

• - singleton class
      - how to restrict singleton class to avoid making call to alloc init from other class.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Honeywell (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview is good, I got call through their staffing agency, I was able to manage first and second technical discussions, it was more think tank kind of questions that you generally tricky to answer if u don't prepare well.Unfortunately did not clear Manger discussion,The questions that were asked in managerial round were the easy ones compared to technical discussions,but its just that timing was not good.I just did not do better than i did in the previous rounds. I was concentrating more on my personal goals rather than my professional goals(which i felt i should not have done), More importantly i lost 2 working day leaves to attend interview, which i felt very bad.

Interview Questions

• .NET Framework QS & C#: Garbage Collection, Type Safety, Generics, Collections (especially how list works), exe & dll difference ?, Strongly named assemblies   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Three technical rounds on different aspects of Core Java, Covering multithreading, collection and reflection. HR round was short and discuss only the expectation and joining date.
    All the process were covered in two days.

Interview Questions

• They asked in detail about Core Java. Mostly on internal aspects of Core Java.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Good technical guys have always preference that too for experienced person.
    First round in in person , other round are telephonic only.
    HR round is for just for name, technical interview is must

Interview Questions

• Question will be project oriented   2 Answers