Honeywell Software Developer III Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Honeywell

Positive80%
Neutral20%
Applied online100%
3.2
HardAverageEasy
Found 5 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (United States)

Interview

After filling out an online application, I was contacted about 2 weeks later by a recruiter who had me complete an online programming assessment powered by hackerrank. After about 2 more weeks, I was invited for an interview that ran from 7:45am-3:30pm. It began with a head-to-head challenge against another candidate to solve an online challenge in parallel. It wasn't too terribly stressful, but we were expected to critique each others code afterward which felt very awkward. After this, the other candidate and I were separated for the remainder of the day for fairly laid back questions about my resume and prior experience without any further programming challenges. It was nice to get the testing out of the way early so I could relax and really assess how well I would fit in. In the end, I was offered a lower title than what I was interviewing for without an explanation, but I assume it was a political move due to my young age relative to the rest of the team. After another 2 weeks, a drug test and background check was completed. After another week, a start date was finally set. I found this frustrating because each step of the process was spread out evenly thereby keeping me guessing and preventing me from traveling somewhere to relax prior to my start date. All that said, it was a positive experience because it is to be expected when being hired at a giant company.

Interview Questions
  • The programming challenge was to print a diamond pattern to the screen. Similar to printing a staircase pattern, but mirrored and flipped.
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Duluth, GA) in Sep 2016

Interview

Applied online (around a month and a half ago) and contacted by HR. Processed was straight forward so nothing out of the box. As a first step received the test to complete, again it is very simple. If you know basic OOPS than it easy to crack. As a second step, scheduled for an on-site interview. This is a 3-hour process. Had an interview with HR, technical manager and coding quiz with team architect and senior developer. Each lasts for an hour. I was offered the position but declined. I do not think there is a room for negotiation.

Interview Questions
  • Technical Manager = What are you doing? How much are you willing to contribute? etc. This is mostly behaviour round. HR = Again, straight forward questions. Technical = this round contains two coding test. You will work as a team with some other candidate on a test. Basically, you have to demonstrate your teamwork skills. Also, how well you handle the situation e.g. are you a follower or a leader etc.
Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Austin, TX) in May 2015

Interview

Had 6 rounds of interview, 1 screening, 1 programming, 1 Skype (Technical), 2 Phone (technical) and 1 HR. The interview questions were mainly related to technology, java, mobile app and testing. The interview process was smooth and seamless. However, post interview process such as, the background verification and work authorization took almost 2 months after the last round of interviews.

Interview Questions
  • My motivation, my current project and why I wanted to join Honeywell.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (United States)

Interview

Application, phone interview, offer or no offer. Phone interview followed application involving a panel with prepared questions mainly about FAA certification, Clearcase & DOORS. Time was one hour. Closure was routine -- interviewing other candidates will get back to you in a week or two.

Interview Questions
  • What is your exposure to DO-178B?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Honeywell (Pune) in Jun 2012

Interview

i got a phone call. then i went to the interview. first there was technical interview. then interview with higher management. followed by hr interview, and then a online test.