Honeywell Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Honeywell Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their career section.I got call for the on demand interview in around 5-6 weeks It was my first interview.They asked to appear for the on demand voice call interview.Then, i never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my past experience and regular normal question   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

I passed first round, which was an at home evaluation. I was contacted by recruiter the next day, they said that they needed my information for the "hiring event" happening next week. They sent my info to HR and then never heard back after that. Kinda confusing what happened but I guess I just got rejected without any notice.

Interview Questions

• They ask you why you want to work here, what can you contribute?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

1st round is online test through HireVue, and then got invite for the hackathon at Georgia. our Hackathon is a 2-hour coding challenge followed by a technical and behavioral interview. the next day got a call saying that I have been selected to the final round which is a 45 minutes technical and behavioral round. the next week received a call saying that I performed well in the interview but couldn't consider me since I have less experience (I have 3+ in my resume).
    This hackathon is common screening for all levels, few experienced people along with us and none of the experienced could clear the hackathon. I along with other 3 or 4 guys of similar experience could clear it. I don't understand why experience matters even though we are skilled enough to compete with experienced guys. It's really a bad experience with Honeywell. I didn't expect a Fortune 500 company would treat like this.

Interview Questions

• evaluate an expression following BODMAS rules   8 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter. Had a round of phone interviews with my current manager, and then a semi-formal 'hackathon' at the Atlanta Software Center over the course of a Thursday, from about 9 AM to 5 PM.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Honeywell?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied, followed by 30 minute recruiter phone screen asking questions about my resume and the position. Given a coding test to implement in C++ which was easy. Asked to write an honest summary of how long it took to solve/thought process. They then eagerly setup a phone screen with technical hiring manager. Soft skills interview which went extremely well and included references to my thought process solving the technical coding challenge. Again mentioned I had to refresh myself on C++ as I did in my thought process explanation. Never heard from anyone ever again. Pro tip: Read a candidates thought process if you make us write one, especially if honestly explaining a C++ refresher is a show stopper. C++ has not been on my resume within the last 7 years. Total time wasters.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Hackerrank: two questions
    2.Phone interview with hr. He just asked you about your experience, tells about honeywell. Hardly 20-30 minutes.
    3.Onsite interview: Group(2 peoples) coding interview, very simple. They give you two problems to solve 45 minutes each. three interviews 30 minutes each with team and manager.
    4.Phone call: final interview 45 minutes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aguadilla, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Aguadilla, PR) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call after 1 month for an in-person interview on-site. After about 1 week, got a call about a second interview with human resources. The interview was supposed to be two stages, one with technical questions, and the other one with usual behavioral questions. For my interview, the manager that was supposed to ask the technical questions took the day off, so the other interviewer took over the technical questions. He had vague knowledge in embedded software and the specifics of the job i was applying for. I usually excel in the technical aspects during interviews, so most of the interview ended up being behavioral questions. Without the opportunity to excel with the technical part, I came across as any other just-graduated candidate.

Interview Questions

• talk about issues with other team members, and how did you solve the them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Straight forward, a few weeks, call and 1 on 1, drug test, skills review, background check, fair and nice, work behaviors review, great opportunities for recent graduates, great HR staffing and nice campuses.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Honeywell in May 2015.

Interview

Called into the building to do interview with a few engineers. They asked me behavioral questions and a technical question. Pretty easy interview. Their building is a little old but the process was chill.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Either online or Vista Enterprises Consultancy are very easy way to work.
    2 technical, 2 Management, 2 HR Round.

Technical interviews happens same day, managements takes longer to get schedule, and HR round expectation about behavior are too high

Interview Questions

• at higher experience, questions were so irrelevant to discourage your candidature, still show your interest and you get going.   Answer Question