Honeywell Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.9

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

I dropped my resume in the career fair, and I got email feedback 2days later. I scheduled a phone interview about one week later. But after that, I only get an auto-email and I don't know what's the next step .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter who later set me up for an interview. Long behavioral section and a pair programming exercise. All the recruiters were nice and helpful. Seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Add two roman numerals without changing them into a decimal first.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honeywell (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume on a campus career fair. They were fast to contact the other day. 1st round interview is 30 mins all kind of behaviroal questions. The hiring manager was very nice and polite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Dropped my resume at Career Fair.
    They gave me an interview on the next day. But soon they sent me the regret email.
    Half month later, I received an OA, followed up with an on-site hiring event.
    2 round of coding test and 2 round of interviews.
    1st interview was a speed bq interview. 10 mins each interviewee. Then switch.
    2nd interview was by their software engineer.

Interview Questions

• What if your previous employer get better?What's your opinion about that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

They called me on the day I applied. Asked if I could come next day for an interview. They didn't say whether it was technical or behavioral. It was a behavioral interview. Asked about leadership qualities

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their career section.I got call for the on demand interview in around 5-6 weeks It was my first interview.They asked to appear for the on demand voice call interview.Then, i never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my past experience and regular normal question   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

I passed first round, which was an at home evaluation. I was contacted by recruiter the next day, they said that they needed my information for the "hiring event" happening next week. They sent my info to HR and then never heard back after that. Kinda confusing what happened but I guess I just got rejected without any notice.

Interview Questions

• They ask you why you want to work here, what can you contribute?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

1st round is online test through HireVue, and then got invite for the hackathon at Georgia. our Hackathon is a 2-hour coding challenge followed by a technical and behavioral interview. the next day got a call saying that I have been selected to the final round which is a 45 minutes technical and behavioral round. the next week received a call saying that I performed well in the interview but couldn't consider me since I have less experience (I have 3+ in my resume).
    This hackathon is common screening for all levels, few experienced people along with us and none of the experienced could clear the hackathon. I along with other 3 or 4 guys of similar experience could clear it. I don't understand why experience matters even though we are skilled enough to compete with experienced guys. It's really a bad experience with Honeywell. I didn't expect a Fortune 500 company would treat like this.

Interview Questions

• evaluate an expression following BODMAS rules   8 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter. Had a round of phone interviews with my current manager, and then a semi-formal 'hackathon' at the Atlanta Software Center over the course of a Thursday, from about 9 AM to 5 PM.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Honeywell?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied, followed by 30 minute recruiter phone screen asking questions about my resume and the position. Given a coding test to implement in C++ which was easy. Asked to write an honest summary of how long it took to solve/thought process. They then eagerly setup a phone screen with technical hiring manager. Soft skills interview which went extremely well and included references to my thought process solving the technical coding challenge. Again mentioned I had to refresh myself on C++ as I did in my thought process explanation. Never heard from anyone ever again. Pro tip: Read a candidates thought process if you make us write one, especially if honestly explaining a C++ refresher is a show stopper. C++ has not been on my resume within the last 7 years. Total time wasters.