Honeywell Systems Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Honeywell Systems Engineer I Interview Questions

2.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

I applied online, had a panel phone interview. The process was pretty laid back. I was talking with the engineering manager, test manager, and who would be my co-worker.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you have to have a confrontation to have a better outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Kansas City, KS) in December 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was very short, they seemed to really just be interested in what I put on my resume, not anything outside of that. There were two separate phone interviews, one behavioral (with typical interview questions, but that's not the interview I'm reviewing in this post), and the next step with the hiring manager (what this post is reviewing).

Interview Questions

• No real questions, mostly extended descriptions of what the job entailed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

- Met at university career fair
    - Interview at university career fair
    - Phone interview prior to onsite interview
    - Multiple calls and discussions setting up travel plans
    - Panel interview (four managers plus a university recruiter)
        - Personality questions
        - One technical question
    - Site tour
    - Wait for a response was long and I eventually contacted them and learned that they were going a different direction

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario in which a pilot was reporting a problem. My task was to browse through a manual to determine what the problem was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, personal interview on site. Now that I'm working here, I can say many of the jobs do not derive from skills learned in a degree program. There are lots of company specific processes and tools that are learned on the job. The interviewer is mostly looking to see if you're someone who is willing to learn and open to working hard while you do.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were geared towards why I wanted to work at Honeywell, if I would be willing to do various jobs, travel, etc. No behavioral questions - mainly get-to-know-you type things   2 Answers

Engineer Systems I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aguadilla, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Aguadilla, PR) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview is mostly about behavior. Tell me about a time where you... The interview was on site. After the interview I had to email them 3 weeks later because I had no answer and it turned out I had an offer. Easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Time when you made a decision and then you regretted it?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honeywell in October 2013.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview for a new grad. There was a lot of personality questions with some technical questions. For most of the questions they wanted me to point to of my previous experience (work, school, or other). There was a group of 4 people interviewing me. I also got a plant tour after I did the Q and A with the group of people.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you had to deal with a group where everyone was not doing there part.? How did handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Basic behaviors questions, 3-member panel of managers from different potential working groups, and fairly relaxed. I was called for an interview and had to call back multiple times to schedule a date - apparently they all take off the last two weeks of December so plan accordingly.

Interview Questions

• They asked why would their software not report a certain sensor fault and then dropped their specification in front of me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially was called to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was nice and relaxed, nothing off the wall. Was called for an on-site interview. The interview was cake. Typical questions one would expect in an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the material you need to do your work isn't readily available?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate. I'm not sure if it works (as I didn't try) but don't be afraid to negotiate.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell in December 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was relatively easy and straight forward. They had just won a large contract and were looking to hire quite a few engineers. Interviewed in a large conference room with 5 project managers and was asked basic behavioral questions, ie 'Tell us about a time where you had to champion an idea blah blah....' and 'What is your greatest strength and greatest weakness blah blah'. They asked a few trivial technical questions that anyone with common sense would be able to answer.

The interview lasted roughly 2 hours. Roughly 2 weeks later they sent an offer.

Interview Questions

• They were all very generic scripted interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiations were through the recruiter who said due to my level of experience they were going to give me a higher level position. Upon starting at the company I found that I was set at the lower position.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

1 hour long in person interview with direct supervisor and group manager. Felt mostly like a series of questions to get to know me as a person and to explain the position. I would not consider it a very technical interview.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I felt comfortable learning a system that I haven't had any experience with.   1 Answer