Honeywell Interview Questions in Torrance, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Torrance, CA).

Interview

I had two phone interviews with HR, one in person interview with hiring manager and one panel interview with future co-workers. I had a two day wait until offer was made.

Interview Questions

• How do you influence those that are not direct reports to make time for your projects to execute to the published project schedule?   1 Answer

Production Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Torrance, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by company's contracted HR about the new job opportunity in the APQP organization. After several phone interviews, I was invited to have in person interview with the director. In person interview was very friendly and pleasant, questions were nothing out of ordinary.

Interview Questions

• How do you change the culture and its people to implement new initiatives.   Answer Question

Structural Analysis Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Honeywell (Torrance, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

They flew me out to California and put me up in a nice hotel and I even had a nice rental car. I had one interview with two of the managers but really only one manager was asking questions. There were both behavioral and technical questions, but the manager was very understanding if you didn't know the exact answer to the technical question (since it's like 10x harder to answer questions under pressure). Overall a positive experience and very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• There were 9 questions with the first 5 being behavioral and the last 4 being technical. The behavioral questions were average questions like "Name a time where you had to make a quick decision on your own and how did you handle it." If you went to a decent engineering school the technical questions were also pretty easy such as create a shear/moment diagram, talk about UTS, etc.   Answer Question

Turbomachinery Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Honeywell (Torrance, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the department manager. It was mainly over the content of my resume so it was very straight forward. He didn't ask behavioral questions which made the interview much easier. The manager was very easy to talk with and didn't mind if I asked questions. The next step after a phone interview involves having your resume sent to the engineers in the group and they decide if they think you will be a good fit. I didn't get an offer because they found someone who did their research on the topic but overall it was a very fair process.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to stay as an engineer or do you want to move into management?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Torrance, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

fairly easy interview. they asked questions about my experience in the field, i gave relevant answers. it was a panel interview, consisting of management and myself. being a former contract worker for the company many it really easy in knowing what to expect of the interview.

Interview Questions

• what qualifies you for this job?   1 Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell (Torrance, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was about 15-20 minutes. There were 3 people. Only 2 people asked questions. He started by giving me background information about himself then the company and them the job itself. He then asked my interests in the position and how I am with deadlines..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Torrance, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial interview to determine qualification (suitability) then a Site Visit (tour of facility).
    Site visit interview included the Site HR Manager, Site Manager, and Hiring Manager.
    Additional questions and answers with other Quality Engineers during the Site Visit.
    You will also be working with other HR Recruiters from Honeywell, located outside of CA, during the application process.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding experiences, qualifications, certifications, and background.
      Other questions asked were,
      What are your leadership styles?
      What was the most difficult moment in your career and how did you handle the situation?
      Some technical questions regarding knowledge of Quality Assurance (Federal Aviation Requirements, AS9100) and Process Improvements, such as Lean Six Sigma.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Torrance, CA).

Interview

First contact with HR source person, 2 weeks later set phone interview with hiring manager, HR called that morning, rescheduled, manager "out of office", interview went well until I realized manager lied after I asked a certain question about ISC, said a decision was a week away, instead got an email from HR two days after phone interview that some one else was picked.

Interview Questions

• none, I was a really good fit, I am an expert in my field, must be why they wanted my info   Answer Question

Production Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (Torrance, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Typical drug screen, background check, etc. Interviewed with three supervisors. Questions were standard fare and the process was low key. Parking can be difficult and hidden so make sure you arrive early. The background check was fairly thorough and took a while to complete. Interview includes a tour of the shop floor. You also have to watch a safety video prior to entering the building so include that into your arrival time.

Interview Questions

• I didn't receive any questions that were out of the ordinary. List strengths/weaknesses. How to deal with difficult coworkers, etc.   Answer Question

Engineering Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Torrance, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager and HR lead. The entire process took only about 2 hours and included a 30 minute tour of the facility. The HR section was very short and just a general talk about leadership and behavioral competency. The interview with the manager was very basic and just general questions about previous projects and expereinces.