Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute.

Interview

Submit CV, selected for a phone interview, release offer. No on-site interview. 3 people from machine learning team asked questions. They are talented, but I don't think that they show enough passion for hiring interns to join them. I think the process is pretty loosening.

Interview Questions

• C++ static, class, virtual, plus deep learning/machine learning basic.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an invitation for a written test and a panel interview & powerpoint presentation.

Phone interview was quick, may be 10mins ? Then they sent me an invite to attend the interview next week. Then it was postponed. After almost 5 days I did not hear back from them and then I chased them up. They still could not confirm when I could attend the interview. Then the following week, all of a sudden I received a call from them if I could attend the interview tomorrow. I thought it was a bit rush as I had to prepare the powerpoint and needs to be submitted before the interview. I was told there is little choice to defer the interview as they have challenges finding a meeting room. Dubious response. I agreed to go to interview the next day.

I arrived at the interview and waited for 10 minutes. The person apologised for being so rush and late for the meeting. I was put in a room to do a written test, which was supposed to be 20 minutes but ended being 30mins. Next was the powerpoint presentation which was supposed to be 15 mins but was given 10 minutes. I was told to bring all my certificates, past employment letters or references for checking on the interview day - but they did not do that.

The overall arrangement was not professional and everything was done hastily and unorganised.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job? What were the challenges in your last job   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my university and they called me in for what looked like a ten minute pre-interview in the university campus. This was to screen in potential candidates for the final interview which was to be held at their offices in HK Science Park. I was asked to prepare a 10 - 15 minute presentation about my previous work and was asked about them. It was a bit tricky at times, but I managed to answer most of the questions. Don't know why I didn't get the offer though.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table - why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sha Tin (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (Sha Tin (Hong Kong)) in July 2015.

Interview

I don't know why it takes me 10 months to hear back from them after the 1st interview.

She asked me if I am still interested in ASTRI and would like to arrange an (2nd?) interview.

But they (HR and/or the Technical Dept.) FORGOT what posts I applied for and what skills make me a good match. It seems they don't keep track of my information, which indicates poor management.

Project Interview

Application

Interview

Introduce yourself with prepared powerpoint(Approx. 10-15mins), then they will ask some questions about your background or project or work experience. A well preparation about every point you demonstrate on the powerpoint is definitely helpful.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the project you did in your introduction briefly.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2015.

Interview

One to four interview. First present your own PhD/MPhil research topic, then mainly discuss on the technical aspect. They try to push your limit by criticizing your point of view, but in a polite and reasonable manner. A few question on your own personality. In conclusion, they are nice.

Interview Questions

• What is the significance of your research in 1 sentence.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I have been interviewed and interviewed other ppl both. To tell the truth, astri's interview is not difficult. Just show your best is ok. Talk about the research you have gone through or the project. If you have done something, astri is already satisfied with that

Project Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sha Tin (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (Sha Tin (Hong Kong)) in March 2012.

Interview

a 40-min paper test on C/C++ basis, and a 20-min presentation about your specific knowledge, then a 10-min interactive interview, paper test is the toughest part.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience on Artificial Intelligence ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

very smooth

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in July 2011.

Interview

Since this was a research job, I had to give a short technical presentation in front of a small audience of 15-20 engineers and managers. The presentation was followed by question and answers. Most of the questions were very technical in nature. After the presentation, there was an additional interview with the directors regarding more HR type of questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your research area?   Answer Question
    • What was your greatest challenge to complete an example research project?   Answer Question
    • How many engineers did you directly supervise?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a situation where the engineers are not productive and argumentative?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute in August 2009.

Interview

First round was meeting the managers with questions about yourself, research projects taken etc. Then, you would prepare a presentation for the work you had done before in front of senior manager and vp. They would focus on the technical aspects most of the time. Generally speaking, it was interesting and fun to discus what you love to do. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do I have to employ you?   1 Answer