Hong Kong Jockey Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hong Kong Jockey Club Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

Test Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong Jockey Club.

Interview

HR gets to meet first, trying to understand the candidate's general working background, and expectations from both sides (the company and the candidate); then the management team will interview more on the specific job requirements and technical skils sets; then if all goes well, the senior management (GM or Head of dept) will do the final round, then HR will get back with a confirmation of hiring.

Interview Questions

• Once hired, what would you do in the first 3 weeks to 3 months time frame?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hong Kong Jockey Club (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was not very difficult. There was a 2-min self introduction at the beginning, a group discussion, a written test and an individual presentation t last. The whole process lasted for 3 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hong Kong Jockey Club (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

self intro: 2 mins for self into, from number 1 to number 8
    group discussion: case study(both chinese and english)
    impromtu talk(about personal experience, like challenges, volunteer)
    written test: summary of the presentation and the translation of press release

Interview Questions

• analyze the case of apple and how it can be applied to jockey club   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sha Tin (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hong Kong Jockey Club (Sha Tin (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was not very difficult, interviewers gathered at the meeting room together. Firstly, there was a 2-min self introduction for each person; after introduction, there was a group discussion; then, everyone needed to randomly select and answer a behavior question. After a break, a written test and PuTongHua test was held. The whole process lasted for 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Introduce a volunteer experience, which you didn't know anything at first.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sha Tin (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hong Kong Jockey Club (Sha Tin (Hong Kong)) in January 2017.

Interview

2 interviewers versus 1 interviee. They are going to ask you something base on your resume and your self introduction. The process did not take very long. It ends within an hour. They asked me how was i going to work out my final year project. Cause i applied for information security department. So, i focued on answering security stuffs

Graduate Trainee (Charities) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Happy Valley (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Hong Kong Jockey Club (Happy Valley (Hong Kong)) in May 2016.

Interview

Internet Application -> Appitude Test + IQ Test (Extremely Tough, the point is to pull a curve) -> Assessment Centre -> Familiarisation -> Final Interview -> Offer

The entire interview process is quite lengthy, harder than average difficulty, department-focused (No rotation, GT is specific to department)

Interview Questions

• Q: Why would you want to work in HKJC, but not in Government departments/Investment Bank since they have good prospects too.   1 Answer
    • Happy to answer any further questions, please leave your email here, thanks   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hong Kong Jockey Club (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2016.

Interview

The whole process consists of 3 stages: initial screening and online test, assessment center and final panel interview.

Assessment center (about 3 hours):
    1. self introduction
    2. group discussion on a given topic
    3. group presentation
    4. written test
    5. individual presentation on a given question

Final interview:
    A panel interview. Standard questions, mostly based on CV and your personal experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve a crisis and the steps you took to tackle it.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Happy Valley (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hong Kong Jockey Club (Happy Valley (Hong Kong)) in March 2016.

Interview

Self-Introduction - 2 minutes
    Group Discussion - about promoting ethic minority in Hong Kong
    Question about your past experience such as facing with change or conflicts
    Written Test - executive summary in Chinese and English in an hour

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hong Kong Jockey Club (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Panel interview but obviously the interviewer has no idea what to look for across the table. Interview questions were all about the actual scenario where they're looking for candidate who can solve their immediate chaos they're tackling with.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios which turned out to be the actual situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiable only with little flexibility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hong Kong Jockey Club (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Aptitude Test first. Then a group interview that took around 4 hours.

2 minutes self-introduction, then general question like "share with us one experience how you manage a crisis in work or school", after that is group discussion for a marketing plan for The Hong Kong Jockey club's new Happy Wednesday event, finally is a written test in both Chinese and English to make a Executive summary of what you discussed during the group discussion session.

Interview Questions

• "share with us one experience how you manage a crisis in work or school"
      Answer Question