Hong Kong University of Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.8

Undergraduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (New York, NY).

Interview

As a mainland student, the procedure is quite long. You need to upload all the information needed online and then after you get your grade on the college entrance exam, ust will contact you for a interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that is it is a need that society release regulations to guarantee the number of women in the firm?   Answer Question
    • What is the most leadership quality?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2016.

Interview

Got notify by email and went to a casual interview at a coffee shop first. Then move on to the final interview at HKUST where they will give you a written test and ask you to prepare for a 10 minutes presentation in front of 4 judges.

Interview Questions

• Why is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

PhD In HKUST Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science in October 2015.

Interview

I researched about professors and labs. Sent an email along with CV, cover letter and transcripts and was invited for skype interview. Interview lasted for about 20 minutes and professor was cool throughout.

Interview Questions

• Interview was average. Professor asked me about research interests, Masters' thesis, career objectives etc. But later on, I was put on waitlist.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sai Kung (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (Sai Kung (Hong Kong)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed by posdocs in the lab and then after a few days I had a skype call with the team lead who only chat about general and no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked about my previous work and publications. They were interested if I can supervise others.   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview takes 6 hours in total, 9:30-15:30, including:
    1.Case study, about 2 hours. 4 people a group, 10-pages material.
    2.technical interview: some understanding about the position
    3.commercial interview: watching a video and ask questions
    4.motivation interview: most challenge things.

Interview Questions

• after watching a video, ask how to avoid this kind of problem.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

Email application to the professor hiring research associate. The professor responded within an week. After that it was on campus interview where the professor interviewed me personally. The interview itself took less than an hour..

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

Just a brief chat with the professor or your supervisor, asking things according to your Resume.they asked u to run regression on a computer, tested your basic knowledge on microeconomic foundations, econometric terms, and macroeconomic trends. Then, I was asked to create a spread sheet with VBA programming

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2014.

Interview

It took about 3 hours. As the professor is working in the division of life science, we mainly discussed the ongoing projects in this professors's lab. And he asked for more information about my phd experience.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why his lab;
      2) Do you know XX tech, XX tech, XX tech? These techniques will be required in his lab in future;
      3) What's your expected salary?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Fit his lab, have the skills he required.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Email Interview, then we can judge your quality and ability. We need to see you CV and publications, and then to compare with others and then we need a face interview, and then we have a close meeting, the department will decide to meet with you

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science.

Interview

There were two interviews, one on research background and skills. Questions on specific knowledge in electronics area were asked. The other one is mainly about the benefits and personal expectation of the company

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were encountered. Just basic electronics questions   Answer Question