Hong Kong University of Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hong Kong University of Science

2.7

Undergraduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (New York, NY).

Interview

As a mainland student, the procedure is quite long. You need to upload all the information needed online and then after you get your grade on the college entrance exam, ust will contact you for a interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that is it is a need that society release regulations to guarantee the number of women in the firm?   Answer Question
    • What is the most leadership quality?   Answer Question

Ph D Student Interview

Interview

Admitted via program between HKUST and my undergraduate university. Then choose the supervisor by telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember. The questions are all about project experiences. They are all feasible.   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview takes 6 hours in total, 9:30-15:30, including:
    1.Case study, about 2 hours. 4 people a group, 10-pages material.
    2.technical interview: some understanding about the position
    3.commercial interview: watching a video and ask questions
    4.motivation interview: most challenge things.

Interview Questions

• after watching a video, ask how to avoid this kind of problem.   Answer Question

Admission Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science.

Interview

30 minutes group interview, 3 people in a group facing 2 interviewers. Self intro + group discussions. Afterwards would be a campus tour by ambassadors. Beforehand, wait outside of several rooms as the interview will be conducted simultaneously in serveeal different rooms with 3 interviewees in one room

TA Interview

Interview

a phone call on interview location and time; 15 mins interview, mainly asking questions on TA experience; then take a test on designing tutorials and grading rubric in a room within one hour

Interview Questions

• Your TA experience? Why you want this position? Your future plans?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science in February 2011.

Interview

interview is as regular as any other university. The department head has all the decision right. People are nice but you just don't know what they are thinking. They took me for lunch, dinner and lunch dinner. I was hit by the jetlag badly so that I didn't really know what is going on.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

The overall academic interview is professional, like other universities in the U.S.. Five professors sit in a room and interview job candidates. The flyout is also smooth with very good accomodation.

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2017.

Interview

Apply through school system.
    Self-intro, discussions on work content, desired working hours.
    Screened through 1:1 phone meeting and lasted for about 5 minutes.
    Conducted in English although both of us are Hong Kong people

Interview Questions

• How many days do you work here per week?   1 Answer

Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science.

Interview

The interview process mainly consisted of current professors asking typical questions about what my passions were, what attracted me to HKUST... It was quite formal.

Interview Questions

• Asked about your application in extreme detail- consisted of very in depth questions about weaknesses, suitability...   Answer Question

Got about

Government Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong University of Science in March 2012.

Interview

impromptu talk and current issues

Interview Questions

• how do you think about the relationship between china and the us?   Answer Question