Horace Mann Interview Questions in Springfield, IL | Glassdoor

Horace Mann Interview Questions in Springfield, IL

Updated Jan 14, 2017

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL).

Interview

Phone, typing test online, in person. In person is with 2 interviewers. Stabdard questions, "why you, why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years.. etc".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Typically looking for people coming from minimum wage jobs. They have so many applicants each time they will juat withdraw the offer.

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Several years ago I applied for a position with Horace Mann. I was interviewed but did not get the job. Subsequently they have called me, and asked me to apply for two job openings (mind you, I did not plan on applying for either job, I only did because they asked me to apply). I was interviewed and lead to believe that I was going to get the last job, and then still was not hired. This has happened twice, so shame on me for falling for their tactics a second time. I don't know why a company would do this to a person. It's mean, and unjustified, and actually is a form of harassment.

Field Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then in person one on one interview, and final interview was a PowerPoint presentation and panel interview. Very detailed and the HR rep covers benefits and perks before being selected for a position so you have a good understanding of what the company offers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Open to salary negotiations but it was a very small bump. They are open about salary potential in the interview process

Casualty Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

They canceled once last minute bc a manager was not available. Other than that interview was pleasant and informal. The interviewing managers explained the culture of the company to be friendly and that they were drama free and seeking an individual that was the same.

IT Asset Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was by a recruiter, then a follow-up phone interview by same recruiter. Following the phone interview, I was interviewed by a management panel and asked to submit a drug test and background check. Training was 1 month long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not given the opportunity to negotiate, though I did ask.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Serveral interview. not to bad of a process. The background check took forever. There was about 3 interviews. One over the phone, one in person with recruiter, then one with hiring manager. The overall process was not bad but took forever.

Interview Questions

• Star method questions. Give us a time you had a difficult customer. How did you react.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

The first interview was conducted over the phone with an in-house recruiter. It was fairly relaxed and she was very pleasant. I was invited to a 2nd interview a few days later. During this interview I met with an accounting supervisor and a manager. They asked me the basic interview questions plus questions about the processes I would use. Overall, not a good position for an aspiring CPA.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

I was called at 5PM and offered asked to come in at 9AM the next day to interview, so they gave very little time to prepare. The 9AM interview was a recruiter screening, and they asked me to come back later in the day to interview with the hiring manager. The interview itself was fairly straightforward: I met some of the engineers and they asked engineering related questions concerning database design and rapid development techniques. They gave me one programming problem to work out on paper, but it was also pretty easy. The interview went well, but it would have gone much better if I had been more prepared.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class and when would you use each?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position in November. I was invited for an interview in February. I was invited for a face to face interview with an HR Recruiter. After my interview with HR, they asked me if I could go ahead and have my second interview with a Customer Care Manager right then. Of course I agreed. I interviewed with the manager immediately. I was asked to sit with a representative and listen to incoming phone calls. After listening, the manager asked me if I had any questions and if I thought I could handle the job. The following week I received an offer to begin work in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or odd questions.   1 Answer

IT Training and Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Horace Mann (Springfield, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. 1:1 interview with HR. Several group/panel interviews. 1:1 interview with hiring manager. Basic interview and questions - why Horace Mann - what do you know about the company - how do you handle difficult situations - how do you work with employees who may not want to participate in any training you are offering - how do you make a change every day?

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people who are not interested in any of the training you have to offer?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Horace Mann?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on vacation days. Go for the best rate you can coming in!