Horiba Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Horiba Instruments Interview Questions

Interviews at Horiba Instruments

2.7

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Horiba Instruments (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2018.

Interview

Interview process was quite easy after applying on ZipRecruiter. Was called in right away and heard back within 2 weeks. It was a one on one interview with the head of the department who was very open about the position requirements and that personality was just as important as job skills.

Interview Questions

• Type of team player are you?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Horiba Instruments (Irvine, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

worked through recruiter. Horiba interview where sales mgr and nation sales vp. Traditional and behavior interview style. People were very professional looking for strong record of sales success and maturity. Be polished, professional and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• standard traditional and behavorial questions
      ie What is a recent challenge you overcame and how   Answer Question

Negotiation

Respects a person who will negotiate the hire package within a reasonable range of their offer recommend within 5-10% of the offer.

Field Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Horiba Instruments.

Interview

Internal process, individuals were interviewed and a selection made based upon experience and knowledge of current process.

Interview Questions

• Understanding needs of company from a global perspective.   Answer Question

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horiba Instruments (Edison, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through one of the job boards (careerbuilder, monster, etc.). I got a call and set up an interview with HR. I then interviewed with HR and right afterwards with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The manager took me to one of their rooms and asked what the other engineer was doing.   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Horiba Instruments (Northampton, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Dickensian, Like an interview as a graduate new to the workplace. The whole operation lacked atmosphere, sterile, dry very uninspiring place to be.
    Very drab environment, lots of unnecessary formality, an interview by committee, individualism accounts for very little, they prefer clones of themselves.
    Not relaxed or necessarily getting the best out of a candidate.

Interview Questions

• How did I work under pressure   1 Answer

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Horiba Instruments (Worcester, England (UK)).

Interview

Offer declined, i gave them a minimum that i would consider before even going for a Phone interview and they said that was fine. Did the 3 stages and they came back to me next day with an offer of 10% less than my minimum (would have to take a pay cut to join them). Wasted my time!
    Reason for the low offer was, "They can't pay me that much because the other staff in the team aren't on that much", pay your staff market rate!
    3 Stage process. 1st Stage was Phone, 2nd Stage was F2F with a coding test, 3rd stage was a F2F with non-technical staff to see if i would be a good fit for the role.
    They should just have a 2 stage process!

Interview Questions

• How would you change the way we did things if you were to join   Answer Question

Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Horiba Instruments (Northampton, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

It is an hour session with a Hiring Manager and HR representative. Questions had been asked more on behavioral and spectroscopy hands-on experience. Communications skills was expected as this jobs related to help Sales Dept parallel with lab work for sample analysis.

acheteur approvisionneur Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massy, Ile-de-France (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Horiba Instruments (Massy, Ile-de-France (France)) in February 2016.

Interview

Le processus se passe en un minimum de 3 étapes, et plus si c'est un CDI. Un premier entretien avec l'assistante RH, 2ème entretien avec la RRH, 3ème entretien avec les opérationnels, 4ème entretien avec le PDG. Dans l'ensemble les entretiens sont classiques, sauf le dernier avec le PDG qui n'a pas participé au long du processus et intervient à la fin seulement, et découvre donc votre profil pour la première fois lors de l'entretien. Ils cherchent des gens qui souhaitent rester 4-10 ans sur le poste, donc si vous avez quelques aspirations, l'évolution en semble pas faire partie de la politique de l'entreprise. Les échanges ont été cordiaux, toutefois, il faut souvent les relancer pour passer à la prochaine étape. Malgré un besoin soi disant urgent, ils prennent leur temps dans le processus, le processus a duré plus de 2 mois dans l'ensemble. Comptez une à deux semaines entre chaque entretien.

Interview Questions

• Qu'est-ce vous voudrez faire dans 5-10 ans? Quelles sont vos qualités et défauts?   Answer Question