Horizon Air Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 1, 2017

2.7

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Air.

Interview

I have only done the video interview thus far. After the initial question invites you to describe yourself and share resume highlights, the following questions allow only 30 seconds to compose thoughts before 2 minute recording of response is recorded. About 8 questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Horizon Air

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Air.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was selected for a VI. I had that last week and have not heard back yet. The process was easy. With the first question being a request to give a brief summary about my resume, I was able to re-do that as many times as I wanted. The rest of the questions I had 30 seconds to prepare my answer and 2 minutes to complete my answer. I believe I was asked 6 questions in the interview part. I feel very confident about my answers so hoping to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Give a time you ran into an issue and had to make decisions and safety was your first priority. Name a time when a customer was upset with me and I had to work out the issue. I was given the Horizon mission statement and asked what resonated with me the most. I was asked why I wanted to work for Horizon and if I was aware it is a 24 hour a day 365 day a year position that requires me to be gone for up to several days at a time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Portland, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an invitation for a video interview online, completed that within 24 hours and the same day I received a call with an invitation to go to a group interview in Portland. Travel and accommodations were not provided.

Started with a large group orientation about the company and benefits. Broke into two groups where we did introductions to a panel of 3, but in front of the group and then given a question out of a hat to answer in front of the group. We were then asked to form groups and think of a product or service for Alaska/Horizon to sell on board and create basically the marketing and pricing to pitch to the panel.

After that, we went to lunch and returned for individual interviews, afterwards they told you yes or no, if no- you were encouraged to reapply in 6 months. If yes, they had you stay to complete a drug test and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you were overwhelmed at work, what was the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were working with a crew member who was not pulling their weight on a full flight?   Answer Question
    • What was the best job you have ever had and why?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Air in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was invited to do a video interview. Waiting for results. All of these questions are easy if you prepare and talk to yourself in the mirror. Studied on Glassdoor and YouTube.

Interview Questions

• Welcome! Please share a little bit about you and some highlights from your resume.   Answer Question
    • Please share with us why you want to work at Horizon Air as a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • Horizon Air's mission is to have the best people, provide the safest and best service for the best value to each customer each day. What part of our mission resonates with you?   Answer Question
    • Our fun loving, energetic, and adventurous personality comes from our Horizon Hearts as does our belief in customer service. Tell us about a time when you exceeded a customer's service expectation.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you received negative feedback from an unhappy customer.
      What was the situation and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you were part of a team that experienced conflict. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • As a flight Attendant, you will have a varied schedule requiring you to work weekends , evenings, and holidays. How are you prepared to meet the demands of this challenging schedule?   Answer Question
    • Safety is #1 here at Horizon Air. Tell us about a time when you took action to ensure the safety and security of others. What was the situation and the outcome?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Air in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was simple and so was the video interview as long as you do your homework here on glassdoor.
    All of the interview questions can be found here.
    Watch YouTube videos also to prepare yourself.
    After submitting resume within 7 days recieved unvite for Video interview. Once I completed the video interview the Horizon recruiter and I were basically playing phone tag. Recruiter would call from different time zone which was 4 hour difference making it before regular business hours.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had a problem with a coworker and how did you handle the situation   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Horizon Air in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume, then received an email inviting me to participate in a VI. I thought I was prepared, as I used Glassdoor which had most of, if not all questions asked. I rated the experience as negative, only because I was extremely nervous, and I quite literally bombed. I knew I wouldn't be invited to a F2F and I was right. I received the email today stating so. I will just use this as a learning experience and do better next time if the opportunity presents itself, hopefully with Horizon in the future or with another carrier. Does anyone know how long before I'll be able to apply again? I also applied to Alaska Airlines, will they use this VI and decline my application?

Interview Questions

• Horizon Air's mission is to have the best people, provide the safest and best service for the best value to each customer each day. What part of our mission resonates with you most and how will you contribute to our success?   3 Answers

Horizon Air Response

Aug 2, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator/Concierge

Thank you for submitting your Video Interview. You are eligible to reapply for the Horizon Flight Attendant six months from the time of your Video interview. Alaska Airlines will not use your... More

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I have nothing but good things to say about this interview process. First and for most, I've been so so many airline interviews so this was far from my first.

It begins with a checkin in the lobby, then a short presentation about the company, pay, lifestyle ect. The presentation is pretty fun, interactive and informative. The recruiter presenting is really nice and personable. **Please don't try to ask "Smart sounding questions" during or after the presentation, I promise there are no brownie points, it just prolongs the interview process....(I heard some people from my group attempting this, note pad and pencil in hand ready for question and answers)

Moving on.... Phase 2, group interviews, so about half the group on room the other half another room. At first we had to organize ourselves in a seating formation based on alphabetical order of our last names...Yeah I was really struggling here singing the alphabet to find out my last names order...but working as a team, eye contact and following instructions are what they are paying attention to... so have fun and enjoy this exercise

Then introduce yourself, where you are from and answer a random job-related question. everybody gets a flashcard and read the back of what it says, go around in a circle. I got "difficult co-worker"-how to handle it. Stand up when speaking in the group, sweeping eye contact, smiling and clear voice.

Then the group gets split into 4 mini groups to create a product for Alaska and the present. We thought of a product and then presented it as an advertisement. It was not so much about the product, but how well we could work with each other and communicate. (fun fact: Our whole mini group got job offers) So yes, laugh, smile have fun while also communicating and completing the task. be personable

Lastly, say who is a celebrity you look up to. PLEASE guys do not say Donald trump. It's awkward and half the class rolls there eyes, the other half are afraid to make any signs of agreement. No politics, some people in my group said this and recruiters where looking around "surprised"

everyone takes a long lunch, lots of great food places in downtown Portland

Final Phase
    One on on, super straight forward, why do you want to work for this company, resume review. Asking questions about previous work as listed on the resume you bring with you. Are you willing to travel, relocate, what makes you special....."tell me a time when..." type questions.

Be yourself, but not to ratchet, smile, joke, show your easy to talk to and have a "can-do" attitude.

ADVICE: They drug test even for weed which is legal in Portland but not federally so prepare to do a drug test right on the spot that day....

Dressing, Guys and girls, please wear formal interview attire, no wrinkles, look clean at least. I got the job offer the same day. Be confidant and positive, attitude is everything. Alot of people came a long ways and didn't get offers so prepare to buy your own plane ticket, hotel, ect if you get invited tot he interview and don't live in Portland, Oregon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a difficult co-worker   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied to Horizon about a month prior,received email to complete video interview and the following morning was invited to join the face to face in Portland. I say get there an hour to 30 mins early and mingle with the other applicants. It started at exactly 9am with a presentation of the company its history success & its plans for the future followed by run down of the benefits,salaries, training and any questions you may have. After that we had a break for a few minutes, remember to be on time to each session. After break we split into 2 groups where we sat by last name there is a card with a question on it so be prepared for situational questions. Remember to follow directions so many people went off topic probably from being nervous but try to stay focused. Remember to smile, make eye contact with everyone & try to steady your voice. After we answered our questions we were put in smaller groups to design a product for the company. The recruiters are watching so make sure you listen to your team mates smile, make suggestions & have fun. Once that is finished you have lunch break, get to know your fellow applicants they are just as nervous as you encourage each other, just have a good time yet remain professional. During this time you will be given a time to be back for your one on one interview and after that you will be notified on the spot if you were accepted!! Good luck and definitely try it again if you don't get it the first time they will be hiring again!!

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied Feb 1st, did a VI a week later then on Feb 22nd i was invited to a Face to face interview for March 9th.

When i arrived it was me and one other guy in the lobby, from that point on there were good vibes, even as more and more people came in who was interviewing for the flight attendant position. After signing in, they provided beverages and little snacks and everyone was getting to know each other then we all sat in this big hall and they began the presentation. The recruiters and HR team was very friendly and energetic and made everyone feel welcome. The presentation outlined the pay, benefits, lifestyle of a FA, domiciles, and history of the company and then they opened the floor up for Q/A. So far so good, when i tell you this was the most positive and comfortable interview process, no lie. After that we broke up into groups and did the group interview portion, it was about 14 of us and was broken into smaller groups. We were given a project to do and this was to see how well we worked in a team and communicate effectively, but it was fun too. We were then asked different question based on the flash cards we were given and had to turn over, this was to see how fast you can think im assuming and to see how well you speak in front of others. After that we were given an hour lunch break, but prior to lunch we were all given times for our one on one interview. You could be waiting for some time but i didnt mind i was surrounded by cool people. Once you finish your one on one, you go to a room where they have you wait for the decision. Others are in there right along with you in suspense. She called me and one other guy out of the room, and of course she pretended as if she had bad news but it was good news, we were sweating our butts off before she said congratulations. I like the fact that everyone gets a one on one interview before they make the decision to keep you or not. I also like the fact that you find out that same exact day. You also do fingerprinting, drug test, etc., right then and there. Horizon is under Alaska and they are growing and i see bigger things happening for this company. My best advice is to be friendly, genuine, and research the company. I was honest about something during the one on one and i thought i wasnt gonna get it because it was a situation were i wasnt painted in a good light but they appreciate someone who owns up to what they did. They can tell when your not genuine, be real and articulate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you made a mistake and a passenger got upset? How did you resolve it?

Are you willing to relocate to one of our bases?

Tell me why you want to become a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I interviewed in Portland. The recruiters were amazing and extreamly nice but sort of intimating. Wear your hair up and no fly aways and wear nylons. I would reccomend arriving about 30 minutes early in order to start a bond with those you will be interviewing with soon. They're extreamly generous and offer beverages. Make sure to go to lunch with other interviewees!