Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online a few days later I was contacted for a phone screen, a week later I was contacted to set up testing and invited for an in person interview. A week and a half later I received an offer.

Interview process was extremely easy and smooth. The recruiters were great and stayed in touch. Never had to question their interest. The interview process went quicker than I expected.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in April 2013.

Interview

HR processes questionable.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Called by HR person who asked me about my background and how much I made annually. I answered with my salary which may have put me at a disadvantage a bit. Two interviews: 1) Hiring manager 2) Department head. Called back in about 2-3 days after second interview with department head and was "unofficially" offered the position but I didn't accept due to low salary.

Interview Questions

• Was given some ethical/scenario questions by department head but the interview was mostly informal.   Answer Question

Salary not worth leaving current position. I would of accepted if I wasn't already employed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position through an online posting. The next step was a telephone screening with their recruitment person. This was followed by telephone interviews with two staff members, including the hiring manager. Then I was invited for onsite face-to-face interviews with the recruitment person and the hiring manager that I had spoken with earlier on the telephone.

All were cordial and informative.

Interview Questions

• Aside from specifics about me experience, I was asked how I would handle specifics about assigned projects when there were doubts about the requester's objectives to be addressed by me in the project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

Very good the person was very polite explained the job in details and all the perks for working in Horizon. Second day Interviews with the hiring manager and another manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Horizon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was great. I initially had a telephone interview, second interview was with the recruiter, and last was with the hiring manager. Everone was very pleasant! Unfortunately I did not get the job.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

You meet your recruiter first and they will do initial screening take you to a room to meet the manager. The manager will then talk about the position and aspects of the team structure and tools used.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation when there is little to no information available to get the task done?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

First you get a call from a clueless HR type. You go through your resume. Then you're invited in. The people I spoke to were the most arrogant discourteous people who either were late or didn't keep their appointment time at all. Not at all impressed coming from a company who's a market leader.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what you will be doing (serious- this from HR)
      What is the most important security control?
      What is your management style when it comes to people?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Contacted by Human resource office, interview set up in one week

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to schedule a phone interview within a 3-4 weeks. Spoke with an HR hiring manager for initial vetting for 30-4 0min, and afterwards was told I seemed like a good fit, and they'd like me to come in for an in-person interview. The in person interview was scheduled as a full-day interview, with two 1hr meetings with two different managers within the department, followed by a 3 hour case study. The case study consisted of 2 parts, the first part which was supposed to take about 2 hours, and the second part 1 hour. A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Visio was helpful for the case studies. After the full-day interview, I was sent a link to complete a critical & analytical thinking assessment from my own computer, which was to take 30-45min. After 2-3 days, I got a followup from HR saying that I had scored well on the case study and that the team would like me to come in for a final round of interviews. This time around, I met with the department director and the manager I would be reporting to, followed by a meeting with the HR hiring manager. The next morning I received a call from HR with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the biggest challenges you had in a recent project. Did the project turn out successful or not?   Answer Question