Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2016

2.9

President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Miami, FL).

Interview

Met with CEO. He was the longest running CEO in Blue Cross history named Bill Marino, since retired.
    In this particular interview, he was the decision maker. Led to a wonderful opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to have the same success here against your previous company? Why should I hire you? What have you contributed to your firm in net profit and net membership since employed in New Jersey? Why change companies now? After 2 hours of grilling, I had an offer in writing about 4 hours following the interview, which began at 7 A.M.   Answer Question

Negotiation

With all humility, I am a skilled negotiator. Perhaps that is why Bill hired me. I am well respected as a consumer advocate and have outstanding communication skills. I enjoyed our discussion as the time passed. He was the ultimate mentor. I was very lucky to even have the opportunity to negotiate with him as well as the recruiter.

DSNP Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ).

Interview

I was called by human resources asking if I was interested in the position after I applied for it. He described what the position entailed and the pay range. I stated I was interested. The next day I received an email with the date and time of the interview. I met with both team leaders. They were very friendly and informative. They spoke about details of the job and asked me questions regarding my background.

Care Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.

Interview

I applied online. Approximately a week later I was called by an HR Recruiter. He briefly told me about the position. He asked if I was interested, I said yes. He told me someone else would reach out to schedule an interview. The next day, someone called. I scheduled the interview for a week later. I met with HR Recruiter first, then Supervisor. Took about an hour total.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I actually did not negotiate. I was pleased with the offer.

RN Community Outreach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Ewing, NJ).

Interview

HR recruiter explained the company, the benefits and the position, then the manager came in and explained a MUCH more involved position than was first presented. Very high expectations for an RN for low pay (according to phone interview with recruiter). Marketing, Holding Community Events and Supervisory responsibilities. Got the impression they were only interested in my license.

Interview Questions

• Would you be open to learning to drive the vehicle we use for events?   Answer Question

MLTSS Care Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I met with 2 supervisors and human resources. They asked about my professional experience and difficult cases I have managed. They discussed the position, caseload and territory. They also discussed the training process and 1 day orientation in Newark, NJ.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with learning computer programs since everything is done on a laptop. Tell us about yourself and your previous work experience. Do you have any experience doing field work? How comfortable are you with going into unsafe neighborhoods and patient homes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

We discussed my current salary and the human resource representative said they could offer me a higher salary. The benefits were much better than where I was previously working.

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. Interviewed with HR then hiring manager. Hiring manager seemed to have been in a rush to get to another meeting. The interview with the hiring manager lasted approximately 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle dealing with a difficult team mate   1 Answer

COMMUNITY HEALTH REPRESENTATIVE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Cherry Hill, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Only lasted 15 mins. Described the position and what it entailed. Very basic process and didn't ask too many questions. I was surprised at how quick the phone interview was and they barely asked any questions. Overall it was a pleasure able experience and the recruiter was extremely friendly and easy to talk to.

RN Pre Authorization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (West Trenton, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted online applications for several Case Management Positions. Received a call from a recruiter to set up an interview in the West Trenton Office for the following week. Had a brief interview with the recruiter who told me what a fantastic company it was to work for, but didn't ask me a single question. Met with the prior authorization supervisor who explained what they were looking for and that judging by my resume I had all of the qualifications- but didn't ask me a single question!!

I waited exactly a week before doing a follow up to see if the position was filled and left a message with no response. I called the following Monday and left a voice mail that was returned via an email stating the position was filled. I was a little devastated.

Business Process Improvement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got a call back within a couple days. After the screen I was recommended for an in person interview. The interview consisted of two 1 hour long interviews with managers in the department and a 3 hour long assessment. After the day of interviews I was sent a link for a Hogan Business Intelligence Assessment which took about 45 mins and was taken at home. After scoring well on all the first interview parts I was called back for a final round interview with one of the division directors. Once hearing that it went well I got the offer a couple days later.

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

A woman called me to interview in person. I arrived 15 minutes early for our scheduled meeting. The woman at the desk was extremely rude and confused as to who I was and who I was seeing. I waited 30 minutes after the scheduled interview to be seen. I had to leave due to schedule constraints without even interviewing. I followed up with the person who had initially contacted me stating that I had shown up and waited for a total of almost 45 minutes for our meeting. Was never contacted or followed up with from anyone within the company.
    On a side note- the office seemed extremely run down and the staff was very rude.