Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 29, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ).

Interview

After my second interview, I was happy to learn the company wanted to check my references. I have extensive skills and experience and was more than qualified for this role. My letters of recommendation and references are excellent. To my shock, after nearly 3 weeks, I was informed the job was given to another applicant. No explanation was provided and my inquiry was ignored. There is no other explanation except age discrimination.

Manager, Training and Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Efficient and organized. A schedule was made for five folks to meet on one day. The day flowed smoothly, everyone was prepared and ready, and they ordered lunch that was delivered.

Reimbursement Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.

Interview

interview process went smoothly initially. Prior to the interview, the recruiters were very communicative with me, even asked me to come in for another position i was a fit for. After both interviews which lasted 3 hours a pieces, I followed up with the recruiter about 2.5 weeks later. The recruiter was no longer responding to my emails or communicating in any way. I ended up reaching out to the person who scheduled me for the interviews, who advised me that they were interested in me for yet another role (role # 3) that i had no idea what it entailed. He also mentioned that they had no information on when they would have information on this new job, leaving me as a candidate in limbo. The recruiter at this point still had not even sent me any notification of the two initial jobs i went in for. Overall this experience has been very discouraging. Each interview went very well and though i have no problem not getting a job, it is the lack of communication after the interviews that was disappointing. Once i had the interviews the recruiters no longer acknowledged any of my follow ups and i was now being considered for another role that i had no clue about and was left in limbo indefinitely. Employers do not give candidates the same respect that they require from you as a professional and it is very disheartening. initially i was looking forward to working with BCBS, but after this experience I advised them I no longer wish to be considered for a role that has uncertainty.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

First a brief Phone interview, followed by a scheduled date to come in for assessment. If you pass assessment then you go on to meet Mark Cirami. Brief meeting with Mark in which he basically tells you about all the perks and benefits and ask questions about your resume. Thereafter you meet with 2 others , the Director and possibly Call Center Lead.

Service Request/Correspondence Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I applied online. Within a few days, I received a phone call from HR to come in for an interview and to do a typing test. The next week I met with the Manager and Supervisor of my Division for a second interview. Afterwards, I was offered the job and was required to do a background check and give references. They sent an offer letter explaining my position, benefits, compensation, and schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through the Horizon careers website. About a week after applying, I received an email from HR with available times for a phone interview. The phone interview was very brief... what my current work situation was, what the job description was, what my salary range was. Then I was informed the hiring manager would like to meet and was I available to go in for an interview. A few days later I was contacted by email about dates to go in to meet and days/times were very specific. I met with three people... a department manager, then the hiring manager joined us and then HR was the final person. Total interview time was 1.5 hours. It went very smoothly and most of the discussion was about what the role would entail, why the role was being filled (a retirement) and a lot about the work I have been doing. I showed them my most recent work, answered some specific project questions and felt pretty good about the conversation. The hiring manager did inform me that the role might involve more video/interactive (vs. print) than what the current person was doing which was a bit different than the original job description.

Interview Questions

• HR asked if I could describe a time where I positively impacted the company I was working for.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

First you get a call from a clueless HR type. You go through your resume. Then you're invited in. The people I spoke to were the most arrogant discourteous people who either were late or didn't keep their appointment time at all. Not at all impressed coming from a company who's a market leader.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what you will be doing (serious- this from HR)
      What is the most important security control?
      What is your management style when it comes to people?   Answer Question

Temp Administrative Assistant Level II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Ewing, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was seem less and was even offered the position before I left. They were looking for 5 people for a short term project. During the interview I was told that there are other possible longer term positions that are available and that might be a good fit for me.

Even though the job was offered and my agency was notified that they wanted me for the job the background took a long time. My agency had to call a few times so that my check could be closed out and I could start.

During my first week on the job I was interviewed for another temp position. Although, I am not sure if I am going to get that position.

Interview Questions

• She told me what they were looking for concerning the project (which was essentially extra hands to prep files for scanning).   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was great. I initially had a telephone interview, second interview was with the recruiter, and last was with the hiring manager. Everone was very pleasant! Unfortunately I did not get the job.

President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Miami, FL).

Interview

Met with CEO. He was the longest running CEO in Blue Cross history named Bill Marino, since retired.
    In this particular interview, he was the decision maker. Led to a wonderful opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to have the same success here against your previous company? Why should I hire you? What have you contributed to your firm in net profit and net membership since employed in New Jersey? Why change companies now? After 2 hours of grilling, I had an offer in writing about 4 hours following the interview, which began at 7 A.M.   Answer Question

Negotiation

With all humility, I am a skilled negotiator. Perhaps that is why Bill hired me. I am well respected as a consumer advocate and have outstanding communication skills. I enjoyed our discussion as the time passed. He was the ultimate mentor. I was very lucky to even have the opportunity to negotiate with him as well as the recruiter.