Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Interview Questions in Trenton, NJ | Glassdoor

Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Interview Questions in Trenton, NJ

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

DSNP Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ).

Interview

I was called by human resources asking if I was interested in the position after I applied for it. He described what the position entailed and the pay range. I stated I was interested. The next day I received an email with the date and time of the interview. I met with both team leaders. They were very friendly and informative. They spoke about details of the job and asked me questions regarding my background.

MLTSS Care Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I met with 2 supervisors and human resources. They asked about my professional experience and difficult cases I have managed. They discussed the position, caseload and territory. They also discussed the training process and 1 day orientation in Newark, NJ.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with learning computer programs since everything is done on a laptop. Tell us about yourself and your previous work experience. Do you have any experience doing field work? How comfortable are you with going into unsafe neighborhoods and patient homes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

We discussed my current salary and the human resource representative said they could offer me a higher salary. The benefits were much better than where I was previously working.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position through an online posting. The next step was a telephone screening with their recruitment person. This was followed by telephone interviews with two staff members, including the hiring manager. Then I was invited for onsite face-to-face interviews with the recruitment person and the hiring manager that I had spoken with earlier on the telephone.

All were cordial and informative.

Interview Questions

• Aside from specifics about me experience, I was asked how I would handle specifics about assigned projects when there were doubts about the requester's objectives to be addressed by me in the project.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

There is a brief phone interview before the in person where human resources will ask you some questions and describe some details about the job. The in person interview was straight forward. You get half an hour with human resources, then another half an hour with manager and/or supervisor. Come dressed very professionally, as everyone that works at corporate does so. Human resources will ask you some questions, then explain benefits in more detail. Manager and/or supervisor will then ask you more generic interview questions and explain job in more detail. My interview was professional, but also relaxed. After my interview I heard nothing for 2 months. I assumed the worst, but there had been a glitch with the position and I ended up with the job. Unless you get the "thanks but no thanks" email, don't assume you will not get offered a position eventually.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company, what is your experience in the roll applied for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate as the benefits and pay were higher than what I had at my current position.

Physician Network Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

My appt time was 3pm but wasn't seen until 4pm because the HR person was tied up on a phone conference. I first met with HR rep and was asked some scenario questions. Afterwards I met with the hiring manager. That went rather well. She mentioned that I would be recommended for an additional interview with her boss. That interview didn't take place until well over a month later. I had to keep emailing and calling the HR person for updates. When the 2nd interview took place, it was the director and two additional managers present. I was told that they are still interviewing people and to give another month. A month came around and I contacted the HR person for another update. She never responded to any of my calls/emails. After a month, I then realized that I did not selected. The only complaint that I have with this company is that they should send out a courtesy email if they decide not to select a candidate. Otherwise, the interview process was fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above/beyond to assist an irate provider. What was the issue and what steps were taken to resolve it?   Answer Question