Horizon Media Assistant Digital Media Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2018

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

The whole process was very insightful and positive, which was conducted over Skype. Every single team member I talked to was very friendly and easy to talk to. I applied for a different position, but through the process, they thought my skills would fit better with the position I eventually was offered and accepted. The Talent Acquisition Partner I kept in contact with was very helpful throughout the whole process. I was provided feedback after each interview process, which was helpful to understand what skills that stood out to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• -Describe how you are detailed oriented.
    -Describe a time where you worked in a team.
    -Why do you want to work in media?
    -Describe your time management skills.
    -Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Horizon Media

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very straightforward and transparent. Had initial phone interview with HR and a few weeks later had a Skype interview with 2 teams. 2 days later I got an offer to work with one of the teams.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

The team was very welcoming and nice. I had a great interview experience. I was able to get my questions answered and learn more about the company in the process. They were very timely with getting back to me. I received and offer within the same week I had the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one goal you set for yourself and was not able to accomplish?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Very positive interview process! I met with a few different account teams and was given helpful feedback on areas to improve and focus on. We had about 20/30 minutes to discuss qualifications and the position details. Most interviews included groups of three interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Digital Media?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a situation of conflict that you experienced in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to HR for a phone interview and then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. HR and the team's that I met with were so welcoming and the process was very smooth!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First, I got an email from a talent recruitment officer that asked me for my resume and to answer a few questions about why I was interested in Horizon (in 2 sentences or less). Second, the next day I had a phone conversation with the same talent recruitment employee that basically reviewed my resume and discussed what positions I was interested in at Horizon. Third, because I was not based in or near NYC, a skype interview call was conducted with three members from the team that I was applying too. The interview was very friendly, and talking with the team members I learned a lot about the position (it's an entry-level position and I was fresh from college) and what was expected. They asked questions about my resume, organization skills, interest in the agency, interest in advertising in general, etc. The skype call was conducted with one team member interviewing me at a time, one right after another - each person had about 30 mins to talk with me, and each person took about 25-30 minutes. About a week after the skype interview, I received a call that the team was interested in giving me an offer, although without a guarantee of getting the job as it had to be approved by other departments. About a month after that phone call I received a call from the talent recruitment employee saying I got the offer! During the month where the offer was in the process of being approved, the talent recruitment officer who was my main contact was very quick to respond any time I asked for an update. Overall it was a friendly, polite and courteous process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online originally and was contacted by a recruiter about 5 days later. I was asked to come in for an interview, after a brief phone interview, and unfortunately found out a week or so later, after following up, that I did not get the job. However, the HR rep I was dealing with was awesome and appreciated my interest in the company. He passed my resume to another team and the next day I was asked to come in for an interview. Both teams I interviewed with were great. It's very laid back and they ask most of the typical interview questions. After answering, the interview really turned into a conversation. I found out two days later I was offered the job via phone call. Horizon is a great environment and I couldn't be happier with every one I have encountered so far! (they do require a very basic, short math test before the interview)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Contacted me about my application. Then had a 30 minute phone interview with HR. Was then brought into the office for an in person interview with a few different teams. Had to take a quick math test.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR and then participated in a hiring event the next week that was round robin style. Also took a brief math quiz. Offered job a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your resume.
      Why digital media?
      Why Horizon?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner, Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was really efficient and pleasant. Only one phone screen and an on-site interview. I got an interview through a referral and scheduled a quick call on a Tuesday with the HR manager. She asked easy and general questions about my motivations, goals, background, etc. and contacted me shortly after to schedule an on-site interview on Friday of the same week. The interview consisted of a 10min math test (very easy percentages and basic arithmetic), and two, 30 min interviews with two members of the hiring team. The interview was more of a chat to see if I'd be a good culture fit and had the right motivations. They didn't ask any twisted questions. The following Monday I was told they were moving forward with reference checks and was extended an offer shortly after

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in digital media planning?/ What do you do for fun?   Answer Question