Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma Mudlogger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma Mudlogger Interview Questions

Interviews at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma (Arlington, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview format, and the interviewer was nice and respecetful. They will offer a position very soon after the interview. Really was friendly and made the interview process smooth and easy going, while keeping the interview professional. Was prepared with resume in front of them and asked about several aspects of the resume in order to explain certain skills/experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about any mudlogging experience and what kind of classes taken in college.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma

Mudlogger Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

I received the phone call, breathed and was hired. Was told to go to Tulsa and train. I was trained by a bunch of idiots who hold high positions in this company. They must clean house.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma (New York, NY).

Interview

It was too easy. No questions asked about significant events while drilling. They do not teach mud cut or any type of well control situations. No lag calculations taught either.ne

Interview Questions

• It was too easy. No questions asked about significant events while drilling. They do not teach mud cut or any type of well control situations. No lag calculations taught either.   Answer Question

Mudlogger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

1.5 hour phone call. It was very easy for me because of my education. They tried to convince you that this will open many doors for you, but my peers that worked for HWL disagree.

Interview Questions

• Have you always wanted to work in the petroleum Industry?   1 Answer

Mudlogger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting a phone interview 2 days later. 90 minutes after that phone interview I received a job offer email, in which I had 3 days to accept or reject. I originally accepted and was told to purchase a plane ticket to Tulsa, and I would be reimbursed. I did so and attended training. Horizon paid for a motel for you to stay at and you are in a run-down motel room with a roommate and one full size bed and a couch. Day one of the training, you are escorted to a lab for a drug test. Then there is classroom training, safety training and mock rig training when you are in a trailer analyzing samples. This was not difficult at all, but after seeing the trailers you are expected to live and work in, and learning that getting days off was more or less a lottery, I decided not to take the job. I got a ride to the airport and no reimbursement for my flight as promised.

Interview Questions

• Questions were if I knew what a well logger did, questions about previous employment, why did I want to be a mudlogger, how well did I do in sed/strat. I was asked about my skills in identifying minerals and rocks. Nothing really out of left field.   Answer Question

Salary and working conditions was not high enough to justify relocating to Oklahoma.

Mudlogger Interview

Interview

phone interview and got hired the same day

Mudlogger Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

I initially emailed the company in early August. I had a friend who worked for the company and he was really positive about the whole thing. I didn't hear back until mid-September. After numerous emails back and forth, I was interviewed in mid-November and finally officially offered a position in December. I was formally hired mid-January. The interview was really great. The interviewer was friendly, positive, and responded quickly to any of the questions that I had. It was very conversational overall and a really good experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the number of spherical marbles you could place in a hexagonal container?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was simply: this is the position, this is the pay, this is what you'd be doing, this is where you'll be doing it. Horizon isn't really big on negotiation. They want you to be flexible but aren't themselves at all.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in January 2010.

Interview

My interview process with Horizon started with an email/cover letter. I was called soon after for a phone interview. The interview style was laid back, discussing prior experience and relevant education through casual conversation. The interviewer got a feel for my attitude and language during the call. I was sent to the head office in Tulsa a few weeks later for training. Perceptions of the office and work culture are open and positive.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with rock/mineral identification?   Answer Question

Mudlogger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma in August 2009.

Interview

Company responded to online resume, interview by phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Mudlogger Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Horizon Well Logging - Oklahoma.

Interview

One round interview...its an entry level position. Fairly simple behaviorism questions.

Negotiation

No negotiations,