Horizontal Integration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2018

2.4

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizontal Integration (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed 3 times, 1st over the phone, then 2 in person interviews. The manager was based in Minnesota so I had to do this during his planned Denver travel times. The first interview was with a recruiter. The 2nd was onsite in Denver with the team. The 3rd consisted of meeting the manager.

Interview Questions

Horizontal Integration Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizontal Integration (Minnetonka, MN).

Interview

I met with a few recruiters at a career fair and then was brought in for two separate in person interviews. Each in person interview was about an hour. I met with 7 different people through the process. They were serious about the interview but I could tell they were all good people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time we were able to deal with a difficult situation? (I think they were trying to see how I could handle difficult conversations with candidates regarding negotiating salaries and letting consultants go)   Answer Question

Mar 6, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

Director of Software Development Interview

Interview

The recruiter/agency proactively reached out to me to recruit me for the position. We setup a date/time for an initial screening interview, but the recruiter from the staffing agency no-showed. I sent a follow-up email as well as a voicemail to the recruiter, but she never did follow-up with me. Very unprofessional. I cannot recommend this agency and will not be working with them in the future. Don't proactively reach out to a candidate and then no-show for the interview that you scheduled.

Mar 6, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We take your comments seriously and have made changes to ensure this does not happen again.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizontal Integration (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter after applying to get vetted quickly to make sure I was a fit. The recruiter told me I was a great fit and we would move along quickly. I was slightly weary of this as interviews rarely move along quickly, but who was I to argue? After that conversation he never responded to me again. No calls, no responses to emails absolutely nothing. If i'm not the right fit for the job that is perfectly fine, but why tell me the opposite then fall off the face of the earth when I follow up with you? Sadly in this day in age this is all to common. The decency to respond and provide updates is something companies don't care to do anymore.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience in the Insurance Industry?   Answer Question

May 14, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We regret your experience was undesirable and we are looking into this situation.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizontal Integration (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

A couple of phone interviews and a in person interview. It was very clear right away that I was a submittal point and I wasn't being seriously considered for a position. The interviewers did not take the process seriously and no one ever followed up with me. Interviewer's never followed up with any of the questions or comments I had following the interview.

Interview Questions

• What salary were you making at your last positons.   1 Answer

Mar 6, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We regret your experience was anything but positive. We take your feedback seriously and are making changes to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horizontal Integration in December 2017.

Interview

Interviewer showed up 11 minutes late. Gave me a high level insight into the company. Didn't understand my needs as a job searcher. Exited the phone interview with an understanding that I would NOT like to take a contract position within the next 3 months. Sent me 4 contract only positions that started immediately. Send me an email asking me to lie about my titles and experience.

As someone that does the right thing, the idea of asking someone to lie really conflicts me. After some thought, I emailed the recruiter asking her to remove me from her list and stating I didn't think we would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Would you be open to taking a contract position?   1 Answer
    • Would you mind if I changed some of the experiences or titles you have had?   1 Answer

Dec 21, 2017 – Marketing Manager

We are surprised and concerned about your feedback. We regret your experience was undesirable and we welcome the opportunity to talk with you further so we can make the necessary changes in our... More

IT/Marketing Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizontal Integration (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a follow up e-mail asking a few questions about why I wanted the job, what my goals were, etc. After that I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. Then I was told to think about the job for a day or so and get back to them if I was interested. The reason I'm giving such a poor review is because the guy who interviewed me (I won't say his name) told me to follow up with him if I was interested in the job, which I did, but then ignored me. He couldn't even be bothered to answer my follow-up e-mail to ask if I was still up for consideration. I don't know what it's like to work for this company but the interviewer was extremely unprofessional and rude.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job, what kind of experience do you have, etc...   Answer Question

Mar 6, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We have made many changes in the last year to avoid situations like this from happening again.

MORTGAGE PURCHASE SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horizontal Integration (Lakeville, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

Employers use telephone interviews as a way of identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. Phone interviews are often used to screen candidates in order to narrow the pool of applicants who will be invited for in-person interviews. Interview with Megan was really nice, it was brief and precise. Megan has an outgoing strong personality.

Interview Questions

Horizontal Integration Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Horizontal Integration.

Interview

Sean approached me for the Federal Reserve in downtown Minneapolis. He said he was going to submit me, so when other vendors approached me for this same client, I told them I was spoken for. When I checked in later to see how things were going, I was informed that I was *not* submitted as they had filled a quota. No one had bothered to reach out to me to give me a heads up. Because of this, I lost out of an opportunity.

Later in that same search, I interviewed with the other vendor about a position at Mayo. This vendor was working with HI, so the next step was to talk with someone from them. Normally, recruiters reach out over LinkedIn to set up a time to talk. I prefer this because I have so many wanting my attention that I can easily get overwhelmed. As of writing this, I have fifteen leads where recruiters are pursuing me. This allows me to give them my undivided attention and allows me to get to a place where I can talk freely about sensitive details like pay expectations.

I was on public transit coming back from the interview with the other vendor and was called out of the blue. I would not have been able to talk at that time. When I tried to explain this later via e-mail, I was told "Not going to fly with me. If your phone is not working and you can’t answer……then I can’t work with you!" Fortunately for me, another vendor is also interested in placing me at Mayo and I'm working with them now. When any new position opens up, I get 2-3 vendors wanting to place me there. It's not uncommon to have up to five.

That's a shame because I've worked with HI contractors and they were great. The recruiters, however, misled me on one opportunity and slammed the door in my face on another. If they are going to act like this, then why should I work with them?

Aug 22, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As a staffing firm, we strive to provide an environment where prospective consultants feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. I'm... More