Hormel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hormel Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.8

Associate Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hormel in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was a Phone interview. The interviewer was very supportive and easy to talk to. The interview lasted about 25 minutes asking fairly basic behavioral questions. The questions were all revolving around how past experiences would make you a good fit and able to do well at Hormel. Interviewer answered questions very well and gave good understanding of how working at Hormel is.

Associate Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hormel in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the career website. It took approximately 1 week for the recruiter to review my application and offered me a phone interview. The interview was mostly about behavior questions and some other questions that required for this position. The behavior questions was about leadership experience. The recruiter who interviewed me was very nice. She sent a pdf file that help preparing for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you took a leadership position for a project?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying I was contacted by a company recruiter who asked me preliminary questions such as why do you want to work here, why do you think you're qualified, etc. After completing his portion he said it was very likely that I would move on to in-person interviews based on my answers and would be contacted within the next week--in fact it was more like 30 minutes. They were very efficient regarding travel arrangements. At the in-person interview, I met with 3 different people who held varying positions within the accounting department. They all asked essentially the same questions--nothing technical just the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you think of the area?   Answer Question

Food Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and was asked a few behavioral questions, resume questions, and told me more about the position. After phone interview I was invited to interview at corporate HQ in Austin, MN all expenses paid. Interviewed with several of the top executives including VP of marketing, VP of sales, and National Account Manager. All behavioral questions. Interviews went really well and 4 of the executives said they were going to recommend me for the position, but was contacted a week later saying I had not gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Hormel?
      Why Food Service?
      Tell me about your approach to selling.
      Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hormel (Ames, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked with recruiter at college career fair, interviewed the next day. The interview was very nice and asked 4 questions besides the basics (US Citizen?, Require Sponsorship?, Graduation Date?). I haven't heard back yet since it'll take about 2 weeks to process. The recruiter talked to me at the career fair and did the interview, but then my resume and interview notes go to corporate and someone up at HQ makes a final decision. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took leadership on a project.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview about a week later. They asked many behavioral questions and questions focused around leadership examples. I got an invitation to visit the company headquarters about five days later and went to the company to have 1:1 interviews with management. Everyone was very friendly and inviting who i met with.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you took a significant leadership role for a project or job.   Answer Question

Production Manager Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was fast I applied online and recieved an email for a phone interview. The phone interview took place about two weeks after I applied. The interviewer talked really fast. Since I'm just coming out of college it was difficult to answer the questions about experience since I didn't have much. For an entry level job they seem like they expect more than an entry level person

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus career fair and got an on-campus interview the next day. The recruiters were very friendly and the interview was fairly relaxed. The next step is a phone interview and then after that they will fly you in to their HQ for the final round.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were particularly proud of a group accomplishment and what was your role?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty lengthy process. I first spoke with a recruiter at the career fair at the beginning of September and got an interview for the next day set up. After that interview I got scheduled to have another phone screen. This first half was all very quick. The second half of the interview process took a while due to scheduling for the on site corporate interview. The interview was in Austin, MN and last for half of the day. I interviewed with 4 people 1:1 for about a half hour, and there was a tour of the production plant in the middle of the interviews. About a week and a half later I heard back from Hormel.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were able to persuade a group of people.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses in terms of IE.
      Answer Question

Production Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I went to my college career fair and met with two recruiters. Had a brief conversation with them about the position. I had an on campus interview the next day. A week later, I had a phone interview with another recruiter. After that, I was invited to the headquarters in Austin, MN. They paid for my flight, rental car, food, and any other expenses. The day consisted of 4 separate interviews with production managers and the plant manager. I was also given a tour of the production plant which was really cool. I felt extremely welcomed by everybody. You can tell that they treat their employees well, and they want good people more than anything. They want people who are excited about the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to persuade someone to do something difficult that had no benefit for the person you were trying to persuade. A lot of "why hormel?" questions. Mostly behavioral.   Answer Question