Hornblower Cruises and Events Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.1

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went pretty straight forward. They asked me to go through my resume, and described what kind of work I will be doing there. They asked me some basic ideas for marketing that I have, and then let me think out an event that I would do to attract more tourists.

Steward Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager has you fill out paper work and then takes you around to the boats. That manager will discuss what is needed in order to qualify for the job. You will have to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on a boat before? Do you have serving experience? What is your availability? Have you been convicted of any felonies etc.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic. we went over my resume, discussed my work history and what the job description entailed. We talked about the strategies I would use to excel in sales. We talked about the relationship between the employees and management. We discussed what my current and previous companies were like.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview (went over my resume in detail) and then 3 face-to-face interviews (with reporting manager, then payroll manager and lawyer and last with the reporting manager again).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult employee during an Employee Relations issue?   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very easy interview. I guess they have not many people applying. Not professional at all. Dressed professionally but not necessary. Employee handbook doesn't match what upper management strive for. It seems that they don't care following the rules written by them.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult at all. I had questions similar to this one. Are you getting sea sick being on a boat?   Answer Question

Expected a lot for not enough pay.

First Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events.

Interview

Saw ad posted via Craiglist and applied online via Taleo. Got an email back in about 5 minutes.

I followed up for 2-3 weeks and eventually was scheduled for an interview.

Arrived, was asked general questions about my experience and expectations. I received an offer several days later.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, so long as you know what you are doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Dock Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (Marina del Rey, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was less of an interview and more of a briefing of the position. They were looking to fill the positions rather quickly and since it is an easy/seasonal job, not much was required. I was asked a few basic questions like if I had a license and if I was in school. Other than that, I was handed a form for the drug testing right then and there.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working alone for long periods of time?   1 Answer

Concessions Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I came in when the sightseeing boats were just started up, so for me the interview process was fairly easy.At first I just wanted an internship. I took the offer, left for a year and was given the opportunity to come back. Within the same year I got offered a managements position.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Talked to the reps of the company at a college job fair, left my resume. Got a call a few days later inviting me to the open house. Went there (it was held on one of their boats), spoke to the hiring manager who asked me a few questions about where I was previously employed and wether it was a fast-pawed environment or no. Then a simplest question of how to make a Cosmopolitan and Long Island Iced Tea.
    Then she said she'll give me a chance.

Guest Service Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hornblower Cruises and Events (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was emailed by a girl to set up an interview. I went in on the assigned day and was asked a few simple questions. Actually it was more like a presentation they were trying to sell me on. I listened and was asked to go home and wait. Got the job in two weeks and went in to "meet" for an hour and sign our contracts.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.